Gas Fireplace Inserts

Business and professional recommendations.
gardengirl
Walks on Forum Water

Gas Fireplace Inserts

Post by gardengirl »

Our gas fireplace insert has pretty much given up the ghost. Parts are hard to find as it was made in England.
We are looking to replace it, but have no idea of what it might cost. I have looked on line at different models, but nowhere are any prices listed? Of course there would be installation fees and such, but I am wondering about the price of a new insert.

Don't want anything fancy, we have a 1970s house. The one we have now is great for us. Just a sparker like a BBQ so if the power goes out, we are still fine. No electric sparker and no fan on the one we have now. That's why we never replaced it before.

We just replaced the thermocouple and the piezo (sparker), but now it seems the gas valve is done. I would have to special order a valve, if I can even get one and I could not find it for less that $450.
Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Re: Gas Fireplace Inserts

Post by Bsuds »

Sometimes it is just the wall switch has dirty contacts. These use a very low voltage to open the valve.

Try taking the switch off the wall and just put the 2 wires together. If the fireplace starts then replace the switch.
DILLIGAF
gardengirl
Walks on Forum Water

Post by gardengirl »

Bsuds wrote:Sometimes it is just the wall switch has dirty contacts. These use a very low voltage to open the valve.

Try taking the switch off the wall and just put the 2 wires together. If the fireplace starts then replace the switch.
Oh dear. Ours is a antique. No wall switch.

https://www.usedvancouver.com/classifie ... e_33439068

Same as this one.
Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death.
Glacier
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by Glacier »

I have one sitting in my garage. Got it for free because it's 20 years old, and someone wanted a new one. Didn't get around to installing this year, but next year. Damn, our living room is cold without a fireplace.

I have no idea what they cost. 500 to 2000 depending on the model is my guess.
The worst part about a 7 day lockdown is the first 4 months.
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
oldtrucker
Guru

Post by oldtrucker »

Spend the extra few grand and get a woodstove.
Some may view my politically incorrect opinions as harsh and may be offended by them. Some think political correctness will be our undoing. Zero cuckery. You and 917 others hate this post.

Return to “Referrals”