Finding survey participants

Business and professional recommendations.
IWFC

Finding survey participants

Post by IWFC »

I'm looking for recommendations on efficient ways to find a variety of people from across BC to participate in surveys and research via the Insights West Feedback Community. We have employed various methods in the past - SEO, ads, social media posts, etc, but we're always looking for more people to participate to ensure that we're representing the general population and that everyone's voices are heard.

Do you have any other suggestions for finding more people?

To give some background...Insights West sends out surveys via email, typically a few times a month, on a wide variety of topics (e.g. COVID, new gun control and rent freeze legislation, mental health issues, etc.). Everyone qualifies to participate. In addition to being able to share opinions & feedback on surveys relevant to BC residents, participants also earn points that can be exchanged for gift cards. As well, occasionally we do interviews, online discussions and/or focus groups (when safe) which rewards people with larger sums of money. We're not looking to spam people - we want the average person to sign-up and provide their opinions on an ongoing basis.

Thoughts?
AtlantisKelowna
Board Meister

Re: Finding survey participants

Post by AtlantisKelowna »

IWFC wrote:I'm looking for recommendations on efficient ways to find a variety of people from across BC to participate in surveys and research via the Insights West Feedback Community. We have employed various methods in the past - SEO, ads, social media posts, etc, but we're always looking for more people to participate to ensure that we're representing the general population and that everyone's voices are heard.

To give some background...Insights West sends out surveys via email, typically a few times a month, on a wide variety of topics (e.g. COVID, new gun control and rent freeze legislation, mental health issues, etc.). Everyone qualifies to participate. In addition to being able to share opinions & feedback on surveys relevant to BC residents, participants also earn points that can be exchanged for gift cards. As well, occasionally we do interviews, online discussions and/or focus groups (when safe) which rewards people with larger sums of money. We're not looking to spam people - we want the average person to sign-up and provide their opinions on an ongoing basis.

Thoughts?
You want more people? Pay them with currency, not points
gardengirl
Walks on Forum Water

Post by gardengirl »

AtlantisKelowna wrote:
IWFC wrote:I'm looking for recommendations on efficient ways to find a variety of people from across BC to participate in surveys and research via the Insights West Feedback Community. We have employed various methods in the past - SEO, ads, social media posts, etc, but we're always looking for more people to participate to ensure that we're representing the general population and that everyone's voices are heard.

Thoughts?
You want more people? Pay them with currency, not points
I agree. I was signed up for a couple survey sights and never got zip. It was quite time consuming and I got sent several a week. There was supposed to be pay of some sort, not a lot, but something. I never got a cent.
Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

I did one for awhile and I did get $50 from them. Then it seemed like I never qualified for the surveys anymore. So I quit.
bb49
Lord of the Board

Post by bb49 »

Looks like a legitimate company.
https://www.insightswest.com/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Insights_West

And it does say this on their site:
Get paid – earn points (to be exchanged for gift cards) for every survey you complete and typically receive $75 to $150 per focus group or discussion.

I'll sign up on your site. But don't go too far back in my comments. I did state recently that when ever I'm called for surveys, I just about always lie. Since these guys seem to be focusing on Western Canada, I'll be honest, especially if it effects me.
NO BEIJING 2022

THE TWO MICHAELS. Never forget them.

CHINA. Never forgive them.
AtlantisKelowna
Board Meister

Post by AtlantisKelowna »

usertesting.com

I've made a few hundred dollars in the last month doing surveys for these guys. It took a week or two before I started getting more options for surveys to complete. Once you have earned a good user rating you get lots to choose from. They pay you 7 days to the minute after you complete the survey and so far they have not missed one for me.

The one thing I will mention is that a lot of them are focused on computer software so if you have a background in the tech world you will qualify for many more surveys.
Glacier
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by Glacier »

I signed up for EKOS Research to do their surveys a year or two ago, and thought it would be really interesting because, hey, who on Castanet doesn't like to give their opinion or get their knowledge tested.

Anyway, I gave up after a month or so because after the first couple of surveys they were just questions clearly written by Pepsi and others to see how they could get more people to consume their products. I'm not interested wasting my time to help Pepsi make more money.
The worst part about a 7 day lockdown is the first 4 months.

Return to “Referrals”