Executor of an estate.

Business and professional recommendations.
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Re: Executor of an estate.

Post by oneh2obabe »

alanjh595 wrote:
The PGT’s authority as COE remains in place for now.
From what I have been able to determine from research, a POA's authority ends with the end of the life of the person and then after that it is up to the executor of the estate to proceed from there.
Alan, better have a chat with your lawyer as soon as you can. Sounds like the PGT is working with a COE (committee of estate) which means they were appointed, more than likely, by your mom years ago. Unlike a POA, the COE doesn't end on death.
https://www.trustee.bc.ca/services/serv ... vices.aspx
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
alanjh595
Buddha of the Board

Post by alanjh595 »

^^^^^ NOW that is very valuable information ^^^^^^^^

Thank you for finding that for me. This explains many things.

Now I have something to work from. I very much appreciate that.
Bring back the LIKE button.
lsj777
Fledgling

Post by lsj777 »

I am a executor of a estate and I will never do this job ever again . I am telling people to do living inheritances and put things in joint names and there is a lot of information on these items when you search not probating your will , you will also save all the legal fees , probate costs real estate costs , accounting costs , appraisal costs and all the other costs if you had to go to probate . Good luck because I was involved in a estate for 8 years before it got settled and this one is going on to 5 years .
Jlabute
Lord of the Board

Post by Jlabute »

So sorry to hear Alan, my condolences.
Huxley - "For him, skepticism is the highest of duties; blind faith the one unpardonable sin."
alanjh595
Buddha of the Board

Post by alanjh595 »

Thank you, Jlabute.
Bring back the LIKE button.
Jlabute
Lord of the Board

Post by Jlabute »

lsj777 wrote: Jul 4th, 2021, 8:27 pm I am a executor of a estate and I will never do this job ever again. I am telling people to do living inheritances and put things in joint names and there is a lot of information on these items when you search not probating your will, you will also save all the legal fees, probate costs real estate costs, accounting costs, appraisal costs and all the other costs if you had to go to probate. Good luck because I was involved in a estate for 8 years before it got settled and this one is going on to 5 years .
Wow, that makes it scary. lol.
So living inheritance is the way to go. No downside to it? My mom had a few of her siblings pass away and a minimum of a year went by before their estates were settled and lawyers got $10,000+. Seemed excessive to me. Some items may not be handled as desired. I'll have to check in to this.
Huxley - "For him, skepticism is the highest of duties; blind faith the one unpardonable sin."

Return to “Referrals”