Notary? RCMP?

Business and professional recommendations.
squash junky
Fledgling

Notary? RCMP?

Post by squash junky »

My parents are in a care home and not too mobile any more.
For their pension, from another country, they have to have a proof of life form filled out, or signed and stamped.
We used to go to the Rutland RCMP office, who were mostly very hesitant and not overly co-operative (except for 1 constable :-) still thankful for him) and then we also had to wait until a constable was found who dared to put a signature on the form and a stamp. The waiting and uncertainty is not really an option for them any more so I asked a notary, but they want $150 for that.
Does anybody have experience with this and another idea? Bank mgrs=no, dr=no, justice of the peace is yes, etc.
TIA
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Re: Notary? RCMP?

Post by oneh2obabe »

Call Court Services at Kelowna Law Courts (250-470-6844) and see if there are any JP's available to perform this service. Or you can call Services Canada (1-800-622-6232) and see if any of their Commissioners of Oaths can perform this service for you. Not sure if they are still at the temporary location at 1835 Gordon Drive, Unit 118B due to Queensway renovations.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
squash junky
Fledgling

Re: Notary? RCMP?

Post by squash junky »

oneh2obabe wrote: Jun 14th, 2021, 2:32 pm Call Court Services at Kelowna Law Courts (250-470-6844) and see if there are any JP's available to perform this service. Or you can call Services Canada (1-800-622-6232) and see if any of their Commissioners of Oaths can perform this service for you. Not sure if they are still at the temporary location at 1835 Gordon Drive, Unit 118B due to Queensway renovations.
Thank you :-) I just opened a browser window to find a JP and wasn't sure how to go about it.- will do tomorrow.

Return to “Referrals”