Looking for a family doctor

Business and professional recommendations.
PCAN

Post by PCAN »

Hi,

Can anyone recommend a family doctor in the Kelowna, West Kelowna, Lake County atea that is accepting new patients?

Thank you!
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Looking for a family doctor

Post by LANDM »

PCAN wrote: Jun 1st, 2021, 10:53 am Hi,

Can anyone recommend a family doctor in the Kelowna, West Kelowna, Lake County atea that is accepting new patients?

Thank you!
I don’t believe a recommendation is much use now. It is more of a case of who has an opening for new patients.
You and 71 others Like this post
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
alanjh595
Buddha of the Board

Post by alanjh595 »

Bring back the LIKE button.
kelownman
Board Meister

Post by kelownman »

You can fax using the following online fax programs.... or if you prefer another, google free fax

I use this one a lot https://faxzero.com/

or this one periodically http://www.bestfreefax.com/BFFSendFreeFax.php

save your pdf file to your computer, then attach the file where indicated. You do not need to fill in company or fax under the heading, "who is sending the fax? or "sender information" They are both free! They will both email you and send you a link to confirm you wish to send the fax. It will then send you another email to tell you it fax was sent successfully.... or not sent successfully (if you entered something wrong). It will take anywhere from 2 to 10 minutes or so to send you that confirmation email, so be patient!
oneh2obabe

Post by oneh2obabe »

Vintage View Medical has a new doctor joining their practice come August. Vintage View is located at Hwy. 97 / Elk Road - same mall as Best Western Plus Hotel.
Our clinic is happy to announce that Dr. Grace-Marie Lenton will join us in early August, after relocating from England. She will be eager to build her new practice here. New patients will be welcome.
https://www.vintageviewmedical.ca/
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

oneh2obabe wrote: Jun 17th, 2021, 8:40 am Vintage View Medical has a new doctor joining their practice come August. Vintage View is located at Hwy. 97 / Elk Road - same mall as Best Western Plus Hotel.
Our clinic is happy to announce that Dr. Grace-Marie Lenton will join us in early August, after relocating from England. She will be eager to build her new practice here. New patients will be welcome.
https://www.vintageviewmedical.ca/
Yup, I was about to post it. Vintage View is my clinic. Good people!

FYI, you don't have to wait till August to contact them, they're pre-signing people right now.
oneh2obabe

Post by oneh2obabe »

^^^I know - all that info for getting on the wait list for the new doctor is in the web site. Been a patient of Vintage View since it opened.

Eyeswideopen
Board Meister

Post by Eyeswideopen »

`Anyone know of any doctors accepting new patients in Kelowna. I had a family doctor in West Kelowna but that was too far a drive and since I haven't been there in years they dropped me. The office there has other doctors that are accepting new patients but I am hoping to find something in Kelowna so I don't have to drive over an hour round trip.

I have been using walk in clinics for the past several years but a lot of them don't even want to talk to me now with covid and whatnot. For some things like ongoing health conditions and regular checks they strongly recommend a family doctor instead so they can track my status.
just popping in
Lord of the Board

Post by just popping in »

Eyeswideopen
Board Meister

Post by Eyeswideopen »

I applied on that site quite awhile ago. I am being told it is 3 to 6 months wait at a minimum and no guarantees. A quicker alternative is to find a doctor accepting new patients and fill out a form with them. Hence why I am here asking if anyone knows of any.
Last edited by Eyeswideopen on Aug 16th, 2021, 1:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
just popping in
Lord of the Board

Post by just popping in »

Try Evolve Allied, new office on Pandosy, there is a wait list but put your name on it.
Lady tehMa
Buddha of the Board

Post by Lady tehMa »

I know there's another thread about this somewhere - it should probably be pinned to the top . . .

It took me 3 months of knocking on doors in my area before I was accepted. I went back more than once, always polite and deferential. Eventually, my current doc (more like the admin) took my family on.

Here we go
viewtopic.php?f=98&t=88762
PLEASE use spellcheck. If that is too hard, consider installing the Grammarly (free!) app that will not only spellcheck for you (AND offer corrections!) but also make sure that your sentences are grammatically correct.

You're welcome.

Return to “Referrals”