Need some help to choose a right mattress

Business and professional recommendations.
Rorarie

Need some help to choose a right mattress

Post by Rorarie »

How to choose a right mattress size and which mattress brand is the best? I need help, please.
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Need some help to choose a right mattress

Post by LANDM »

Go to a mattress store and lie down on them. Choose which one is best.

Also, be aware that mattress stores are notorious for the insane list prices and huge discounts, making you think what a great deal you got.
You and 71 others Like this post
bb49
Guru

Post by bb49 »

We had a very good experience at a well known mattress store recently.

Last January we purchased a new mattress after spending a couple of days laying down on a dozen or more mattresses. It was somewhat visiting wineries. After tasting a half dozen wines they all taste alike. Mattresses sampling is just as bad.

Long story short, the mattress we purchased just wasn't doing the job. Then I recalled that the store had a 100 sleep guarantee. If you're not satisfied, they will replace it.
We visited the store and received an excellent, higher priced mattress that they discounted.
They picked up the first mattress and delivered the new one.

Only one complaint. Our new mattress is so damn comfortable we don't want to get out of bed and are always sleeping in. 8:20 am today! :biggrin:
February 14, 2022. The day Democracy died in Canada.
vegas1500
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by vegas1500 »

bb49 wrote: Oct 30th, 2021, 10:22 am We had a very good experience at a well known mattress store recently.

Last January we purchased a new mattress after spending a couple of days laying down on a dozen or more mattresses. It was somewhat visiting wineries. After tasting a half dozen wines they all taste alike. Mattresses sampling is just as bad.

Long story short, the mattress we purchased just wasn't doing the job. Then I recalled that the store had a 100 sleep guarantee. If you're not satisfied, they will replace it.
We visited the store and received an excellent, higher priced mattress that they discounted.

Only one complaint. Our new mattress is so damn comfortable we don't want to get out of bed and are always sleeping in. 8:20 am today! :biggrin:
What mattress and model did you get?
Glacier
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by Glacier »

I just go with foam. I get mine made at Surplus Herpes in Vernon.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
normaM
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by normaM »

Go to Sleepy's/ they have from mid cost up to mega thousands to try
I always shop there, great service, delivery, warranty. not a fan of Drake but I bet that is one darn fine mattress
about $400,000
How expensive is Drake's bed? Drake uses the 'Grand Vividus' mattress which costs about $400,000
He even raps about it in a song
" I only love my bed and my momma"
AIADMF
GordonH
Grumpy Old Bleep

Post by GordonH »

normaM wrote: Oct 31st, 2021, 7:04 am Go to Sleepy's/ they have from mid cost up to mega thousands to try
I always shop there, great service, delivery, warranty. not a fan of Drake but I bet that is one darn fine mattress
about $400,000
How expensive is Drake's bed? Drake uses the 'Grand Vividus' mattress which costs about $400,000
He even raps about it in a song
" I only love my bed and my momma"
$400,000 for a bed... that’s just :swear: insane.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
birdsarentreal.com
normaM
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by normaM »

I guess when you have 180 million it isn't that much....
would love to try it
AIADMF
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

We bought local , Majestic Mattress makes them over in WESTBANK .

Reasonably priced and comfy enough for us to buy 2 double sets and a queen set all in one go .

Might have to add a layer of foam soon due to old age but for now we're all good .
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
bb49
Guru

Post by bb49 »

vegas1500 wrote: Oct 30th, 2021, 9:21 pm
bb49 wrote: Oct 30th, 2021, 10:22 am We had a very good experience at a well known mattress store recently.

What mattress and model did you get?
Serta Ellton.
It's got a pillow top, about 3 inches or so thick.

Not quite as good as the last mattress, a Sealy with double-sided pillow top. That allowed me to flip and turn the mattress every three months. It lasted 18 years.

Unfortunately double-sided pillow tops are impossible to find now.
February 14, 2022. The day Democracy died in Canada.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

We bought a king size Serta pillow top at hometown a couple of years ago. They had the best price at the time and their service was good too.

Sleeping in is no problem at our house too! :up:
All my passwords are protected by amnesia!
Judianna

Post by Judianna »

Generally, there are 4 types: Twin, Full, Queen, king. In addition to their dimension difference, what kinds of people are applicable is also one crucial factor you should take into account. Different people have different demands for the bed. For example, Twin size is friendly to single sleepers like toddlers and teens, or bunk beds because of slimness, while Full size is the best for single adults who live in a smaller room or space. They will get more economic interests at the same time, and that is one of the most outstanding advantages of the full size. However, it does not seem to be a wise option for couples who need a larger space when sleeping. Therefore, Queen and King size can be more profitable to couples and those single sleepers who are prone to sprawl out. Last but not least, pay attention to your room size and figure out what size is the one matched.

Choosing an appropriate mattress will save a lot of money for you, reducing much time you will waste before you make a decision. Honestly, K and Q are the most popular because they give sleepers a wider space to sleep more comfortably and smoothly and move around in bed more freely. You do not have to worry about any sleep problems.

As for the mattress brand, I recommend the Sweetnight or Novilla mattress. I bought a mattress from them and slept comfortably.

https://www.sweetnight.com/collections/mattress

https://www.novilla.net/collections/mattress
Lady tehMa
Buddha of the Board

Post by Lady tehMa »

We went latex mattress.

Absolutely love it - and it isn't something we can lift on our own. 3 delivery men (and they were swearing under their breath at us) for a queen.
PLEASE use spellcheck. If that is too hard, consider installing the Grammarly (free!) app that will not only spellcheck for you (AND offer corrections!) but also make sure that your sentences are grammatically correct.

You're welcome.

Return to “Referrals”