E-Bikes

Business and professional recommendations.
Barstool08

E-Bikes

Post by Barstool08 »

I’m considering getting an ebike for commuting to work and back. I might go on trails too. I don’t want to spend more than $3k. Have you bought an ebike lately? What were your major considerations? What did it cost? Are you happy with it and recommend it?

Thanks!
vegas1500
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: E-Bikes

Post by vegas1500 »

Barstool08 wrote: Mar 25th, 2022, 6:37 pm I’m considering getting an ebike for commuting to work and back. I might go on trails too. I don’t want to spend more than $3k. Have you bought an ebike lately? What were your major considerations? What did it cost? Are you happy with it and recommend it?

Thanks!
I have one….but bought it more for single/double track trails. It’s a full suspension mountain bike. My main things were warranty, motor brand (went for bosch 4) and dealer reputation. Costco has some decent commuter e bikes.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

I have seen several pop up on FB Marketplace.

If you know what you are looking for it could save you some bucks.
One day you will find someone who is obsessed with you.
It will most likely be a Dog, but it is what it is.
spooker
Guru

Post by spooker »

One friend is quite happy with their Rad Cargo they bought second hand ... rented the Rad Rover before and it does a good job for the price ... You can contact Velofix locally ...

My neighbour has the Giant e-bike and it's slick ... not sure about the price though ...

The local bike shops are all carrying e-bikes from the brands they carry, best to go try them out and see the differences ...

I would recommend a mid-drive setup ...
--
“The world breaks everyone, and afterward, many are strong at the broken places.”
― Ernest Hemingway
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

Bsuds wrote: Mar 25th, 2022, 7:44 pm I have seen several pop up on FB Marketplace.

Buy new and don't take chances on what someone else may have ( or not ) done to it . You'll save MORE money and headaches by not repairing something that doesn't have a warranty .. Like I am right now .

Best bet is to go to Kelowna Eride and talk to anyone there . Or you can check their web site out here .

https://kelownaeride.com/
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

MAPearce wrote: Mar 26th, 2022, 12:31 pm
Bsuds wrote: Mar 25th, 2022, 7:44 pm I have seen several pop up on FB Marketplace.

Buy new and don't take chances on what someone else may have ( or not ) done to it . You'll save MORE money and headaches by not repairing something that doesn't have a warranty .. Like I am right now .

Best bet is to go to Kelowna Eride and talk to anyone there . Or you can check their web site out here .

Or you could save some too, but it does help to know what you're looking for.
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

Bsuds wrote: Mar 26th, 2022, 1:58 pm
MAPearce wrote: Mar 26th, 2022, 12:31 pm

Agreed .. But for that , you'd need the seller to be honest AND offer a refund if the crap they sold you was indeed that .. CRAP .

Good luck with that
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

MAPearce wrote: Mar 26th, 2022, 2:05 pm
Bsuds wrote: Mar 26th, 2022, 1:58 pm

Agreed .. But for that , you'd need the seller to be honest AND offer a refund if the crap they sold you was indeed that .. CRAP .

Good luck with that
What kinda quality does one expect from a bike dealer, driving a white van, at 1:30 am, selling bikes for $45 or whatever cash you have in your pocket?
Don't worry, if you have any warranty issues, he will be there again next week, he will fix it, he has lots of replacement parts.
Bring back the LIKE button.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

MAPearce wrote: Mar 26th, 2022, 2:05 pm Agreed .. But for that , you'd need the seller to be honest AND offer a refund if the crap they sold you was indeed that .. CRAP .

Good luck with that
Had a bad experience did you?

Unless I sell something "As Is" I will always give that option.
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

Bsuds wrote: Mar 26th, 2022, 3:37 pm
MAPearce wrote: Mar 26th, 2022, 2:05 pm Agreed .. But for that , you'd need the seller to be honest AND offer a refund if the crap they sold you was indeed that .. CRAP .

Good luck with that

I'd call it a nightmare .... For EV's ,buy new AND get that warranty ...

I have 2 grand of electric scooters that I spent 1500 on in the driveway absolutely USLESS unless I spend ANOTHER grand onto get them running .. All bought used .

Electric SUCKS .
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

MAPearce wrote: Mar 26th, 2022, 3:47 pm
Bsuds wrote: Mar 26th, 2022, 3:37 pm

I have 2 grand of electric scooters that I spent 1500 on in the driveway absolutely USLESS unless I spend ANOTHER grand onto get them running .. All bought used .

Electric SUCKS .
You know that they have weight limits .....right?

Maybe it is not the machine, but rather the operator.
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

alanjh595 wrote: Mar 26th, 2022, 4:44 pm
MAPearce wrote: Mar 26th, 2022, 3:47 pm

Electric SUCKS .

weight isn't an issue . it's only used to rate battery life and being close to rated weight , the battery life lasts 50 kms, on level surfaces at 30 kmph ..

what does matter is if the person who owned it before actually took care of it properly .
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

MAPearce wrote: Mar 27th, 2022, 6:21 am
alanjh595 wrote: Mar 26th, 2022, 4:44 pm

weight isn't an issue . it's only used to rate battery life and being close to rated weight , the battery life lasts 50 kms, on level surfaces at 30 kmph ..

what does matter is if the person who owned it before actually took care of it properly .
So therefore, you believe that an e-bike can carry a 100# woman can go just as far and accelerate just as fast to that of a 250# man ?
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

alanjh595 wrote: Mar 27th, 2022, 6:26 am
MAPearce wrote: Mar 27th, 2022, 6:21 am

So therefore, you believe that an e-bike can carry a 100# woman can go just as far and accelerate just as fast to that of a 250# man ?
Nope .. Nor can you expect the battery life to be the same , specially if there are uphill slopes on the route .

As I stated before . I believe that the best option for an E bike is to purchase new , get the dealer to give you the units specifications , limits and advantages AND get that warranty .

And if you really want to know who NOT to trust in the business and why , I'd gladly let you know .
skydawg
Lord of the Board

Post by skydawg »

Barstool08 wrote: Mar 25th, 2022, 6:37 pm I’m considering getting an ebike for commuting to work and back. I might go on trails too. I don’t want to spend more than $3k. Have you bought an ebike lately? What were your major considerations? What did it cost? Are you happy with it and recommend it?

Thanks!
Bought two from Kelowna Eride. Sheldon was great to deal with.

Return to “Referrals”