Chinese Food.

Business and professional recommendations.
alanjh595
Banned

Chinese Food.

Post by alanjh595 »

My favorite Chinese food place has changed hands and I am looking for a new one.

I have been researching for days now and reading lots of on=line reviews. I know that when my place closed down the cook went to Yum Yum Tree in the Capri mall.

I have found their menu, but the hours listed are not true. I will try again tomorrow, but in the mean time, any input from other picky eaters and their fav. Chinese food purveyors they can recommend?
Bring back the LIKE button.
Jlabute
Guru

Re: Chinese Food.

Post by Jlabute »

Maybe you would like Zabb, although it is Thai. Good food and relatively inexpensive.
Last edited by Jlabute on Aug 1st, 2022, 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Galileo - In the sciences, the authority of thousands of opinions is not worth as much as one tiny spark of reason from an individual man.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Jlabute wrote: May 16th, 2022, 5:01 pm Maybe you would like Zabb, although it is Thai. Godd food and relatively inexpensive.
I will look it up. Thanks. Never heard of it.
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

Don't know where you're located but Dragon Lotus in Peachland, hands down.

But usually VERY busy. (makes sense) I got take out several times, then I decided to eat in, it was even BETTER !
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

my5cents wrote: May 16th, 2022, 6:14 pm Don't know where you're located but Dragon Lotus in Peachland, hands down.

But usually VERY busy. (makes sense) I got take out several times, then I decided to eat in, it was even BETTER !
Yeah, thanks for that, but I am in Glenmore. I am not going to drive to Peachland for a takeout order. I am willing to buy early in the day and reheat it for dinner though. There is nothing good to eat here in my area.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Kelowna:
Either J-Wok or Chan Fortune

West Kelowna:
Mei Wei or Golden Chopsticks

Ultimately Vancouver area, little to far for takeout [icon_lol2.gif]
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Haven't tried them all but quite a few and still won't rush back to any of the ones we tried.
One day you will find someone who is obsessed with you.
It will most likely be a Dog, but it is what it is.
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

There's a good one in Kamloops according to Catsumi.

Well?
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

bb49 wrote: May 16th, 2022, 8:45 pm There's a good one in Kamloops according to Catsumi.

Well?
It’s closer takeout then Vancouver [icon_lol2.gif]
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

Best Chinese is in Nova Scotia.

Is that far away enough?
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

im-sorry-did-18354924c0.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
vegas1500
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by vegas1500 »

my5cents wrote: May 16th, 2022, 6:14 pm Don't know where you're located but Dragon Lotus in Peachland, hands down.

I loved them when they were right in PL. tried them last summer and IMO wasn’t even close to the same…dare to say it was horrible. Maybe just an off day.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

bb49 wrote: May 16th, 2022, 8:45 pm There's a good one in Kamloops according to Catsumi.

Well?
Well I know what her tastes are like and would never would take her advice.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

vegas1500 wrote: May 16th, 2022, 9:36 pm

I loved them when they were right in PL. tried them last summer and IMO wasn’t even close to the same…dare to say it was horrible. Maybe just an off day.
Yeah, that is the problem that I have encountered. My favorite take-out place has changed owners and the cooks left with the old owner. The NEW food is crap.
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

alanjh595 wrote: May 17th, 2022, 5:08 am
vegas1500 wrote: May 16th, 2022, 9:36 pm

Yeah, that is the problem that I have encountered. My favorite take-out place has changed owners and the cooks left with the old owner. The NEW food is crap.
In this case the owner IS the cook. I patronized the restaurant when it was in Peachland and now that it's at the old "Two Chef's" location.

I've eaten A LOT of Chinese food in Vancouver at the best (real) Chinese restaurants in China Town, and Dragon Lotus ranks very high with me.
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"

Return to “Referrals”