3 D printing

Business and professional recommendations.
oldtrucker
Guru

3 D printing

Post by oldtrucker »

Anyone know if there are any 3D printing businesses in Kelowna that can handle a object approx 25x12x12 inches? Called one place but they can only do up to 15 in
Some may view my politically incorrect opinions as harsh and may be offended by them. Some think political correctness will be our undoing.
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Re: 3 D printing

Post by oneh2obabe »

Called a friend who does 3D printing who said he doesn't know of anyone here or in the Lower Mainland that can handle an item that big.

Best bet would be someone in Ontario.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
oldtrucker
Guru

Post by oldtrucker »

Hey, I appreciate the call you made, thanks. That's kinda what I was worried about. Things are never simple, are they? [icon_lol2.gif]
Some may view my politically incorrect opinions as harsh and may be offended by them. Some think political correctness will be our undoing.
django
Board Meister

Post by django »

Can it not be made in two separate pieces then put together after?
oldtrucker
Guru

Post by oldtrucker »

Apparently it has to be done in 3 sections. And apparently the first copy will be $ 25k. And $2 k for every copy thereafter. Apparently I can't afford that.
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

oldtrucker wrote: Sep 1st, 2022, 7:15 pm Apparently it has to be done in 3 sections. And apparently the first copy will be $ 25k. And $2 k for every copy thereafter. Apparently I can't afford that.
Ok, OT, I bite.

What the devil do you want printed? If it’s off colour, just PM me.

Skunks are just so curious about your privates
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
oldtrucker
Guru

Post by oldtrucker »

A fossil.
Not a fossil skunk.
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

oldtrucker wrote: Sep 1st, 2022, 8:25 pm A fossil.
Not a fossil skunk.
Good lad.

What type of fossil?
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
Jlabute
Guru

Post by Jlabute »

A sabre tooth skull??? Prolly not huh, wrong proportions.
Galileo - In the sciences, the authority of thousands of opinions is not worth as much as one tiny spark of reason from an individual man.
oldtrucker
Guru

Post by oldtrucker »

Bison Antiquus.
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

Fine. Why do you want it printed? (Skunk asks, delving deeper into OTs motives and psyche)

Isn’t the original good enough, or are you planning on adding avian bones near the nostrils?

Unknown
NotNorthAnymore
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by NotNorthAnymore »

I am looking for someone to do some 3D printing also.

Not near as big as the OP - 'Roughly' 5.5" square and 1/2" thick.
Some minor indents and grooves along with mounting inserts for screws.
I have the inserts.
But needs to be precise and would like smooth when done.
I tried one guy and he did some for me but not happy with the final product.
(kid working from home that didn't understand industrial quality precision.)

Recommendations would be appreciated - either here or by the message system.
Thank you
NNA
"THEY" are watching you! -- "THEY" know who you are! -- "THEY" know where you are!
Always use heavy duty BBQ tinfoil under your Black Hat - That way "THEY" can't read your 'mind'.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Outsource it to China.
Bring back the LIKE button.
NotNorthAnymore
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by NotNorthAnymore »

I finally found a professional company in Calgary that did the job for me. :up:
Prices were decent and they did test fitting and guaranteed their work.
They also know and have access to the different materials that can be used depending on the final product.
I will post the link here - not sure if mods will allow to stay up, but if not then send me a PM and I will send it to you.
Posted wrong link - Should work now.
https://www.calgary3dprinting.ca/
"THEY" are watching you! -- "THEY" know who you are! -- "THEY" know where you are!
Always use heavy duty BBQ tinfoil under your Black Hat - That way "THEY" can't read your 'mind'.

Return to “Referrals”