Driving Miss Daisy

Business and professional recommendations.
boxman180

Driving Miss Daisy

Post by boxman180 »

So where do you recommend I take my daughter to practice her driving? Especially, during the day? At least to start off with . She’ll have to learn how to drive in everyday traffic eventually.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: Driving Miss Daisy

Post by GordonH »

boxman180 wrote: Aug 31st, 2022, 5:53 pm So where do you recommend I take my daughter to practice her driving? Especially, during the day? At least to start off with . She’ll have to learn how to drive in everyday traffic eventually.
impo one of best options is Young Drivers of Canada, instead of teaching yourself.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Tankur
Board Meister

Post by Tankur »

Well,
Drive to a parking lot and teach her the basics. Including parallel parking. Easy. When ready graduate to the streets around the neighborhood, then off to the races man. My daughters are both 18&19 licensed and doing very well. Scary stuff at the beginning, I would not put that on anyone. Haha
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Most church parking lots are not being used during the week days.
Bring back the LIKE button.
captkirkcanada
Banned

Post by captkirkcanada »

boxman180 wrote: Aug 31st, 2022, 5:53 pm So where do you recommend I take my daughter to practice her driving? Especially, during the day? At least to start off with . She’ll have to learn how to drive in everyday traffic eventually.
To a driving school :up:
Harm Reduction Is Cool
Real men do not need to idle their cars in minus weather . I call them men that do wimps .
Anonymous123
Lord of the Board

Post by Anonymous123 »

Go up to South East Kelowna, not too busy there. Maybe wait until the PGA thing is over though. Or any where around town at around 6:30/7:00 when most folks are at home.
Be careful when you follow the masses.
Sometimes the M is silent
one wheel
Übergod

Post by one wheel »

Don't even think for 1 second about teaching your daughter how to drive.
Pick up the phone & call a driving school, she's worth every dime you will spend.
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

1. School parking lots during weekends for basic stuff.

2. East Kelowna orchards for traffic driving - Take KLO towards Orchard golf course, anything after that is pretty easy.
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

Driving school. Period. Save yourself and her the stress and tears :/
I rebuke you in the name of Versace
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Driving School is preferred but even with that they still need more experience before going for the test.

Any area of town without lots of traffic at first and then slowly move to areas with more cars so they get used to it.
One day you will find someone who is obsessed with you.
It will most likely be a Dog, but it is what it is.
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

I do highly recommend a driving school, but those are quite expensive.

When my daughter had her L we drove the neighbourhood, taking secondary routes like Springfield, Benvoulin, Rutland Road, and Old Vernon Road - you have to go slow in residential areas so those are good to practice in. Need speed? Head up 33 towards Big White; 33 isn't as busy as 97. Oh, and apparently all the driving exams spend time on Ethel Street, have her go the full distance on that one a few times.
I haven't failed until I quit.
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

my driving instructor took me out on the streets and highways. She was a tough mean person - I can still hear her " move with the traffic"
I didn't learn to drive til I was older after being hmm, left unhappy when someone tried to teach me
Poor guardrail
poor car rental
I rebuke you in the name of Versace
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

GordonH wrote: Aug 31st, 2022, 6:24 pm
impo one of best options is Young Drivers of Canada, instead of teaching yourself.
:up: :130:
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

I should mention that even if you do get her enrolled in a driving school they do not log all the hours needed with the student, so you (or another adult with a valid licence) will need to spend time in the passenger seat. I think it was something like 4o or 45 hours that has to be logged before they can try for their N.

My daughter did do the driving lessons, and I think a quarter of her needed hours were logged with the driving instructor.
I haven't failed until I quit.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Don't forget to amend your car insurance to include the under age driver, with less than 10 years' driving experience.
Bring back the LIKE button.

Return to “Referrals”