Kelowna Dry cleaners

Business and professional recommendations.
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Kelowna Dry cleaners

Post by Lady tehMa »

Hey folks, I'm in need of a really good dry cleaner. Preferably in the Kelowna area.

I spilt a liquid lipstick on a skirt (cotton blend) and I am hoping that a good dry cleaner can remove it. According to the internet, removing that brand can be done with dry cleaning fluid. So, I'm not willing to experiment with it myself, and I'm not willing to try out one that doesn't use the traditional dry cleaning fluid. My best friend made me the skirt for Christmas one year, I really want the stain gone.

The last time I used one was maybe 30 years ago? It's not something I need often, as you can tell.
I haven't failed until I quit.
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Re: Kelowna Dry cleaners

Post by MAPearce »

Lady tehMa wrote: Oct 2nd, 2022, 10:48 am Hey folks, I'm in need of a really good dry cleaner. Preferably in the Kelowna area.

I spilt a liquid lipstick on a skirt (cotton blend) and I am hoping that a good dry cleaner can remove it. According to the internet, removing that brand can be done with dry cleaning fluid. So, I'm not willing to experiment with it myself, and I'm not willing to try out one that doesn't use the traditional dry cleaning fluid. My best friend made me the skirt for Christmas one year, I really want the stain gone.

The last time I used one was maybe 30 years ago? It's not something I need often, as you can tell.
Kelly's Cleaners On Cooper rd across from the mall is good
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

Or, you could try this:
87B40CEC-534E-473F-80A2-EEB8B41D0E96.png
Pinterest has many recipes to try
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

Yeah, I'm a little scared to try. Lipsense is one of those "all day" type things.

https://www.liquidmakeup.com/what-is-li ... -work.html
LipSense is NOT a stain; it doesn't penetrate the skin and go into the bloodstream. LipSense is a patented molecular bond, meaning it sticks to your skin and that is why you have to have clean and dry lips (so that the pigment can "stick" to it with the patented technology).
I read "molecular bond" and am just NOPE.
From time to time customers will ask what they need to do to take LipSense out of colothing. The first thing we suggest is that you take the garment to a professional dry cleaner and have them take LipSense out of clothing. If you are a do-it-yourself person, dry cleaning fluid will take LipSense out of clothing. We always suggest you take the garment to a professional dry cleaner and show it to the dry cleaner to see what they recommend first. Sometimes a dry cleaner will sell you a small amount of their dry cleaning fluid to take LipSense out of clothing. We suggest that you try the dry cleaning fluid on a small portion of the garment to ensure that the dry cleaning fluid doesn’t ruin the garment.

One of our customers wrote in that Oxi-Clean will also take LipSense out of clothing. We haven't verified that Oxi-Clean will work but we would suggest that you follow the same instructions above to take LipSense out of clothing by using Oxi-Clean. Try it on a small part of the garment to make sure it doesn’t damage the garment color.

The great thing about LipSense is that it stays where you put it. The not so great thing is that sometimes it spills and then you need to take LipSense out of clothing.
Old Sailor
Board Meister

Post by Old Sailor »

Lady tehMa wrote: Oct 3rd, 2022, 9:08 am.

The great thing about LipSense is that it stays where you put it. The not so great thing is that sometimes it spills and then you need to take LipSense out of clothing.
So only apply when naked.
Sadly my Wife recently passed away so I purchased a bottle of 20 year old scotch and poured it on her grave.

I did filter it through my Kidneys first.
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

MAPearce wrote: Oct 2nd, 2022, 11:14 am
Kelly's Cleaners On Cooper rd across from the mall is good
Okay, I have dropped it off with Kelly's. I was greeted with a suspicious and narrowed gaze and was asked "And what have you DONE to try to get it out yourself?"

I hastily assured her I have done nothing, I didn't touch it. I let it dry and brought it to them. "GOOD." she declared with a relieved smile. Apparently trying to take the stain out myself could cause things to go wrong with their process.

I will update you as to how well it went.
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

Lady tehMa wrote: Oct 7th, 2022, 8:21 am
On Tuesday, apparently. Unless I get my daughter to drive me down. I got the text saying my skirt is ready, but I wasn't able to go on Friday. I went down this morning but they weren't open until 11 and only until 2. Husband has the car and I don't feel like doing the bus today. And Monday they're closed for the holiday.

They had thought it would be ready for Wednesday, but I told them "it's not a rush" (because it isn't). I am very hopeful that they got the stain out.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Lady tehMa wrote: Oct 8th, 2022, 11:59 am
Lady tehMa wrote: Oct 7th, 2022, 8:21 am
On Tuesday, apparently. Unless I get my daughter to drive me down. I got the text saying my skirt is ready, but I wasn't able to go on Friday. I went down this morning but they weren't open until 11 and only until 2. Husband has the car and I don't feel like doing the bus today. And Monday they're closed for the holiday.

They had thought it would be ready for Wednesday, but I told them "it's not a rush" (because it isn't). I am very hopeful that they got the stain out.
Good luck.....in the meantime, I am sitting here with bated breath to hear the next installment of this mini-soap opera.
Last edited by alanjh595 on Oct 8th, 2022, 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bring back the LIKE button.
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

I use the one at Mission Park but honestly the cost to dryclean stuff!
I've been daring and washed DCO in the washer, gentle cycle, so far no issues
I rebuke you in the name of Versace
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

Update:

it was a fail :( It doesn't even look like they touched it, even though they assured me they tried.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Lady tehMa wrote: Oct 11th, 2022, 3:26 pm Update:

it was a fail :( It doesn't even look like they touched it, even though they assured me they tried.
I an so sorry to hear that. Did they charge you?
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

No, they were very kind to not charge me.

So now I am feeling a certain amount of woe. I am considering appliques
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Give it to your daughter.
DataCruncher
Übergod

Post by DataCruncher »

I know we're not talking carpets here, however, had used WD30 at one time to get out a stain that I didn't think would ever come out. I saturated the spot and used a brush. Then regular cleanup with soap/water.
It worked perfectly.

If for a last ditch effort (and with a gentler touch) might be worth a try before tossing. :D
Last edited by DataCruncher on Oct 12th, 2022, 3:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Once you see the strings of the marionettes - you can never watch the pantomime the same way again"
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.

Return to “Referrals”