Kelowna Dry cleaners

Business and professional recommendations.
DataCruncher
Übergod

Re: Kelowna Dry cleaners

Post by DataCruncher »

Typo WD-40
"Once you see the strings of the marionettes - you can never watch the pantomime the same way again"
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Don't use WD-40
50–60% naphtha (petroleum), hydrotreated heavy. <25% petroleum base oils. <10% naphtha (petroleum), hydrodesulfurized heavy (contains: 1,2,4-trimethyl benzene, 1,3,5-trimethyl benzene, xylene, mixed isomers) 2–4% carbon dioxide.
Owner: WD-40 Company

It contains:

naphtha is also know as White gas or camping fuel.

1,2,4-Trimethylbenzene, also known as pseudocumene, is an organic compound with the chemical formula C₆H₃(CH₃)₃. Classified as an aromatic hydrocarbon, it is a flammable colorless liquid with a strong odor. It is nearly insoluble in water but soluble in organic solvents. It occurs naturally in coal tar and petroleum

Exposure to xylene can irritate the eyes, nose, skin, and throat. Xylene can also cause headaches, dizziness, confusion, loss of muscle coordination, and in high doses, death. Workers may be harmed from exposure to xylene. The level of exposure depends upon the dose, duration, and work being done.
Bring back the LIKE button.
DataCruncher
Übergod

Post by DataCruncher »

alanjh595 wrote: Oct 12th, 2022, 7:43 am Don't use WD-40
50–60% naphtha (petroleum), hydrotreated heavy. <25% petroleum base oils. <10% naphtha (petroleum), hydrodesulfurized heavy (contains: 1,2,4-trimethyl benzene, 1,3,5-trimethyl benzene, xylene, mixed isomers) 2–4% carbon dioxide.
Owner: WD-40 Company

It contains:

naphtha is also know as White gas or camping fuel.

1,2,4-Trimethylbenzene, also known as pseudocumene, is an organic compound with the chemical formula C₆H₃(CH₃)₃. Classified as an aromatic hydrocarbon, it is a flammable colorless liquid with a strong odor. It is nearly insoluble in water but soluble in organic solvents. It occurs naturally in coal tar and petroleum

Exposure to xylene can irritate the eyes, nose, skin, and throat. Xylene can also cause headaches, dizziness, confusion, loss of muscle coordination, and in high doses, death. Workers may be harmed from exposure to xylene. The level of exposure depends upon the dose, duration, and work being done.

Haven't had an incident yet whereby I tested it on clothing, though willing, if need be.
Worked excellent on a major carpet stain (not to mention the wife's displeasure in that moment - thus, saved us hundreds and she still trusts her ever-loving, home-grown McGiver) :biggrin:

If unsure, always test in unseen area first, such as a corner of a closet or scrap. (which I did)

:up: :up: :up: :up: :up:
"Once you see the strings of the marionettes - you can never watch the pantomime the same way again"
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

Try hairspray
I rebuke you in the name of Versace
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

The most common hair spray ingredients are polyvinylpyrrolidone, polydimethylsiloxane, gum arabic, alcohols, hydrocarbons, and gum tragacanth. Hair spray was invented in the 1940s as a way to keep hair from moving around during the day. The same types of polymers in hair spray are found in wood glues, but they are water soluble for easy rinsing.
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

Have you tried "Goof Off"? That stuff will remove anything I think!
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Goof Off

Product ingredients
Ingredient.
ETHYLBENZENE. ...
BUTOXYDIGLYCOL. ...
PETROLEUM GASES, LIQUEFIED, SWEETENED. ...
KEROSENE (PETROLEUM), HYDROTREATED. ...
ACETONE. ...
XYLENE. ...
PROPANE.

Don't get it on your skin, Xylene can cause loss of bone density later in life.
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

O fer kris-sake already!!

Oxyclean or get rid of the item once and for all. Or better yet, the lipstick
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

What is the fabric of the offending skirt? It has been so long from the OP, I forget.

Throw some lighter fluid, xylene, camping gas, goof off, WD-40, gasoline, on it, rinse it out with water and hope for the best.

Please, let us know what you choose and what the results are......"inquiring minds" want to know what happens to your skirt.
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

Catsumi wrote: Oct 14th, 2022, 7:59 pm O fer kris-sake already!!

Oxyclean or get rid of the item once and for all. Or better yet, the lipstick
Yeah, the lipstick will only be applied in controlled circumstances from now on.

The skirt being pitched is not an option. My best friend made it for me, a Christmas gift 2 years ago. I'm waiting to hear back from other drycleaners, ones who hopefully use the original formulation and not the "green" formulation.
I haven't failed until I quit.
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

then I suggest making a few more lipstick patterns like you created a new look
I will toss before I pay for the Cleaners, too many times they have balled up
Did you try rubbing alcohol? Dab it on, wait a few then blot with a cotton ball
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

this
While getting lipstick on clothing may lead you to curse your beauty bag, this may be exactly where the solution lies. Spray hairspray directly onto the stain and let it sit for 10 to 15 minutes. Dip a clean cloth into warm water and gently blot the stain, removing the hairspray and the lipstick along with it.J
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

normaM wrote: Oct 15th, 2022, 5:09 pm this
While getting lipstick on clothing may lead you to curse your beauty bag, this may be exactly where the solution lies. Spray hairspray directly onto the stain and let it sit for 10 to 15 minutes. Dip a clean cloth into warm water and gently blot the stain, removing the hairspray and the lipstick along with it.J
Geez Norma, you didn’t give us the googled list of ingredients.
[icon_lol2.gif]
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

*hangs head in shame*
Maybe spray and er, hair? :p

Return to “Referrals”