Public Mobile vs Koodo vs Others?

Business and professional recommendations.
Vodenkal

Public Mobile vs Koodo vs Others?

Post by Vodenkal »

Hello Everyone,

Me and my partner are returning to Canada and heading to Kelowna. We will need to get the phone providers sorted, last time we have been with Koodo however Public Mobile from Telus seems to have quite a good deals going on for at least the first year.

Does anyone has experience with Public mobile? Is the signal strong around the Okanagan? Are they decent with support, etc?

They are promoting a deal where a referral gets 3 dollars to the referee each month and $10 signing bonus, perhaps there is someone who can provide referral code for a Win/Win?

We didn't have too much trouble with Koodo but PM seem to be the cheapest now, just worried cheapest is not always the best. Perhaps there is other provider I should also consider?

Thanks everyone for their wisdom. Cheers Jan
Jlabute
Guru

Re: Public Mobile vs Koodo vs Others?

Post by Jlabute »

If 'best coverage' is preferred, I would stick with the big players. Koodo gives alright deals. I've never had to worry about going over on data or roaming out of country. A lot of that can be managed through their website. I would just find a mobile company that you can trust.
Galileo - In the sciences, the authority of thousands of opinions is not worth as much as one tiny spark of reason from an individual man.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Telus owns both Koodo and public mobile, so all use the same cell tower service.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

I am on Public mobile and have had no problems. Approx 3 years now.

Referal code is 05YLWX

London Drugs will sell you a SIM card and set up your phone for you at no charge or you can do it yourself online.

Support is all done online but I have rarely had any problems.
One day you will find someone who is obsessed with you.
It will most likely be a Dog, but it is what it is.
Vodenkal

Post by Vodenkal »

Thanks Bsuds,

Expect to get some points hah. Surprised that London Drugs, pharmacy can assist with that. Will visit tomorrow.

Thanks everyone for the 2 cents. Cheers Jan
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

I went with Public a few months ago. I'm happy, cost is good and no issues with coverage.
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
Vodenkal

Post by Vodenkal »

Just to report back, the referral codes work -10$ at activation. Have a deal for 2 simcards for 10$. They have currently $40 for 15GB 4G deal if activated online (like there is any other way). It says you can use only Visa Debit or credit cards but it worked just fine with my BMO Mastercard debit yay.

FYI, you can no longer activate at London Drugs, they stopped cooperating with Public Mobile.

Happy to be mobile again, Cheers! :130:
Old Sailor
Board Meister

Post by Old Sailor »

Vodenkal wrote: Nov 5th, 2022, 3:55 pm Happy to be mobile again, Cheers! :130:
:up: :up:
Sadly my Wife recently passed away so I purchased a bottle of 20 year old scotch and poured it on her grave.

I did filter it through my Kidneys first.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Vodenkal wrote: Nov 5th, 2022, 3:55 pm Just to report back, the referral codes work -10$ at activation. Have a deal for 2 simcards for 10$. They have currently $40 for 15GB 4G deal if activated online (like there is any other way). It says you can use only Visa Debit or credit cards but it worked just fine with my BMO Mastercard debit yay.

FYI, you can no longer activate at London Drugs, they stopped cooperating with Public Mobile.

Happy to be mobile again, Cheers! :130:
It's too bad that LD is not doing that any more. Telus probably stopped paying them. lol

I look forward to getting my bonus. Thanks

Anyone is welcome to use that code.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

I got $8 off my recent bill for referrals etc.

Thanks folks.

Return to “Referrals”