Light Bar Installation.

Business and professional recommendations.
alanjh595
Banned

Light Bar Installation.

Post by alanjh595 »

I am looking for someplace to install 1, 2, 3 LED light bars on my car.

I want a PROFESIONAL installation where mounting brackets will be needed to be fabricated and the wiring will need to be routed (fished) through the headliner.

I have found one place that does this work, but the installation is 5X the cost of the light bar. I have tried many places for someone that would take this on, without any luck.
Bring back the LIKE button.
normaM
The Pilgrim

Re: Light Bar Installation.

Post by normaM »

back when I had my old car I was at Jerry's muffler far too often ... people were always coming in and getting the guys to fabricate stuff, might be worth a call they can def recommend someplace as they all seem to live and breathe cars and trucks
I rebuke you in the name of Versace
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

normaM wrote: Dec 22nd, 2022, 8:31 am back when I had my old car I was at Jerry's muffler far too often ... people were always coming in and getting the guys to fabricate stuff, might be worth a call they can def recommend someplace as they all seem to live and breathe cars and trucks
Thank you, I will try them.
Nedroj
Übergod

Post by Nedroj »

alanjh595 wrote: Dec 21st, 2022, 4:37 pm I am looking for someplace to install 1, 2, 3 LED light bars on my car.

I want a PROFESIONAL installation where mounting brackets will be needed to be fabricated and the wiring will need to be routed (fished) through the headliner.

I have found one place that does this work, but the installation is 5X the cost of the light bar. I have tried many places for someone that would take this on, without any luck.
IF they have to fabricate mounting brackets, expect it to be outrageously overpriced. And for a good reason. Metalworking isnt like working with wood. The equipment needed is far more expensive and I would assume most fab shops are busy so when they get approached with this type of work, they always overestimate it.
'I hear and I forget, I see and I remember, I do and I understand' - Confucius
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Nedroj wrote: Dec 22nd, 2022, 8:34 am
alanjh595 wrote: Dec 21st, 2022, 4:37 pm I am looking for someplace to install 1, 2, 3 LED light bars on my car.

IF they have to fabricate mounting brackets, expect it to be outrageously overpriced. And for a good reason. Metalworking isnt like working with wood. The equipment needed is far more expensive and I would assume most fab shops are busy so when they get approached with this type of work, they always overestimate it.
Yes. even though I was willing to wait until they had a slow period to do my job, it is still $500/bar for installation.
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

Ask to speak with Tony if you call Jerry's.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

normaM wrote: Dec 22nd, 2022, 9:55 am Ask to speak with Tony if you call Jerry's.
I have tried several times today, but it is always busy.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

alanjh595 wrote: Dec 22nd, 2022, 10:26 am
normaM wrote: Dec 22nd, 2022, 9:55 am Ask to speak with Tony if you call Jerry's.
I have tried several times today, but it is always busy.
Still busy. 11:00 am
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Thanks Norma,

I talked to Tony and I will be seeing him in January for an estimate to fabricate something that I had wished for, but nobody else could provide.
His suggestion was perfect and he sounded very confident about being able to build it for me.
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

oh, he can, he is still driving the car he bought when he was 16
As my Mommy used to say he is a man's man
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

normaM wrote: Dec 22nd, 2022, 2:13 pm oh, he can, he is still driving the car he bought when he was 16
As my Mommy used to say he is a man's man
Those are the type of people that I want to work on my possessions. I certainly wouldn't trust a 25 year old to repair one of my 100 year old clocks.
I would put far more faith in a 60 yo house builder than I would in a 20 yo framer. My plumber is 65 yo, I am also 65 yo and I am just stunned by the quality of workmanship of today's products in the same field. It just sucks.

It might take us a little longer to do the job, but you can be assured that the quality is far superior.

Anyways, we getting off topic....

Return to “Referrals”