Bullion prices.

Business and professional recommendations.
Jlabute
Guru

Re: Bullion prices.

Post by Jlabute »

Silver is also used in hear-aid batteries and many different types of coin cells. It is used in photography, soldering, mirrors, and so on. It is a versatile and useful element. Will it hit $300 any time soon? I just feel that is hard to believe. There are lots of YouTube videos making any for of incredible claim. Real-life tends to be more averaged and smooth. The highest silver ever hit was ~$50/oz in 1980. Certainly there is some money to be made, but we're not going to have an extra 50 million millionaires by the end of 2023.
Galileo - In the sciences, the authority of thousands of opinions is not worth as much as one tiny spark of reason from an individual man.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Silver, like everything else has had it's ups & downs. It has it's risks, just like any other commodity.
Capture 1.jpg
Over the long term, it is a safe haven for unused/anonymous savings.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bring back the LIKE button.
oldtrucker
Guru

Post by oldtrucker »

If you hold for decades it's a safe place for blowcash sort of. Maybe. It's so abundant and commonly held by the average Joe as soon as it goes up in price a bunch will show up from private stacks. It's underperformed and maybe that was my logic when I got it. The gold to silver ratio has to decrease if historical economics apply.
Some may view my politically incorrect opinions as harsh and may be offended by them. Some think political correctness will be our undoing.
oldtrucker
Guru

Post by oldtrucker »

Jlabute wrote: Apr 24th, 2023, 10:02 am Silver is also used in hear-aid batteries and many different types of coin cells. It is used in photography, soldering, mirrors, and so on. It is a versatile and useful element. Will it hit $300 any time soon? I just feel that is hard to believe. There are lots of YouTube videos making any for of incredible claim. Real-life tends to be more averaged and smooth. The highest silver ever hit was ~$50/oz in 1980. Certainly there is some money to be made, but we're not going to have an extra 50 million millionaires by the end of 2023.
I was speaking with a dealer this morning. She said she saw a youtbe vid claiming 2000oz.
I predict with 100% certainty silver will be
over $ 2000oz by the year 2223
Some may view my politically incorrect opinions as harsh and may be offended by them. Some think political correctness will be our undoing.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

The problem with gold is that there are very few that can afford it.

Anyone that "dabbles" in bulion are the ones that are more likely to sell after a smaller gain in price.
Gold prices are fairly stable due to less people buying and selling large amounts at any particular time. The gold rush is over.
What mineral is in muffler?
Increasing efforts to regulate tailpipe emissions in the 1970s paved the way for palladium's gradual popularity. The metal, along with platinum and rhodium, helps keep toxic exhaust in check by reacting with carbon monoxide, hydrocarbons and nitrogen oxide to make them less harmful.
Watch the price of "palladium, along with platinum and rhodium" will soon see a severe decrease in price as the new EVs hit the market and their use in catalytic converters decrease.

Gold used to be widely used in electronics, but silicon has replaced that. Gold is now mostly for jewelry, combined with lack of supply and companies willing to invest in new mining operations, has kept the price up.

That leaves Silver. I have my predictions.......what are yours?
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

oldtrucker wrote: Apr 24th, 2023, 10:53 am
Jlabute wrote: Apr 24th, 2023, 10:02 am Silver is also used in hear-aid batteries and many different types of coin cells. It is used in photography, soldering, mirrors, and so on. It is a versatile and useful element. Will it hit $300 any time soon? I just feel that is hard to believe. There are lots of YouTube videos making any for of incredible claim. Real-life tends to be more averaged and smooth. The highest silver ever hit was ~$50/oz in 1980. Certainly there is some money to be made, but we're not going to have an extra 50 million millionaires by the end of 2023.
I was speaking with a dealer this morning. She said she saw a youtbe vid claiming 2000oz.
She is probably correct. So therefore what are your great, great, great, grandchildren going to do with that money when water is $765/375ml bottle?

I would like to see that youtube video and share it with my friends, can you please provide the link?
Jlabute
Guru

Post by Jlabute »

I was speaking with a dealer this morning. She said she saw a youtube vid claiming 2000oz.
Certainly a great investment for your great great great grandkids ;-) Never hurts to try considering what banks give you these days.
Galileo - In the sciences, the authority of thousands of opinions is not worth as much as one tiny spark of reason from an individual man.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Jlabute wrote: Apr 24th, 2023, 11:06 am
I was speaking with a dealer this morning. She said she saw a youtube vid claiming 2000oz.
Certainly a great investment for your great great great grandkids ;-) Never hurts to try considering what banks give you these days.

Everyone NEEDS a place to live, nobody NEEDS gold/silver.
oldtrucker
Guru

Post by oldtrucker »

alanjh595 wrote: Apr 24th, 2023, 10:18 am Silver, like everything else has had it's ups & downs. It has it's risks, just like any other commodity.

Capture 1.jpg

That graph looks terrible when you adjust for inflation. Silver is worth barely 5 times what it was 70 years ago when a house and a car have gone up 50 times.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

oldtrucker wrote: Apr 24th, 2023, 11:27 am
alanjh595 wrote: Apr 24th, 2023, 10:18 am Silver, like everything else has had it's ups & downs. It has it's risks, just like any other commodity.

Capture 1.jpg

That graph looks terrible when you adjust for inflation. Silver is worth barely 5 times what it was 70 years ago when a house and a car have gone up 50 times.
Yes, two different beasts.
It depends upon each person's strategy and risk tolerance.

If you got an extra $100,000 kicking around,
would it be better to invest,
--- in a rental property or Silver?
How much does it cost to maintain Silver bars vrs a house?
oldtrucker
Guru

Post by oldtrucker »

alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

oldtrucker wrote: Apr 24th, 2023, 12:11 pm Here are three 10oz bars for $429

https://classifieds.castanet.net/detail ... 9/4719950/
That is $1325 for 30oz. When I pay $3200 for 1000oz. = $320/10 oz.X 3 = $960.

Why would anyone pay $1325 for something that can be purchased, retail, for $960?
countmeout
Übergod

Post by countmeout »

alanjh595 wrote: Apr 24th, 2023, 11:36 am Yes, two different beasts.
It depends upon each person's strategy and risk tolerance.

If you got an extra $100,000 kicking around,
would it be better to invest,
--- in a rental property or Silver?
How much does it cost to maintain Silver bars vrs a house?
Neither, buy a couple ETFs
oldtrucker
Guru

Post by oldtrucker »

alanjh595 wrote: Apr 24th, 2023, 11:26 am
Jlabute wrote: Apr 24th, 2023, 11:06 am

Everyone NEEDS a place to live, nobody NEEDS gold/silver.
For now. When the real bleepshow starts after the US dollar craters ,then metals will ahem, shine.
*...oldtrucker drags a 500lb wheelbarrow full of silver into a store to buy a loaf of bread...*
oldtrucker
Guru

Post by oldtrucker »

alanjh595 wrote: Apr 24th, 2023, 11:03 am
She is probably correct. So therefore what are your great, great, great, grandchildren going to do with that money when water is $765/375ml bottle?

I would like to see that youtube video and share it with my friends, can you please provide the link?
Just go thru YouTube.
One i saw was Lynette zang saying that golds real value could be $50,000 oz.
Another one I found was 5000$ oz silver. Videos galore on insane bs, must be sponsored to sell silver bullion. Lots of vids on silver. Not so with gold. Golds value doesn't need to be sold.

Return to “Referrals”