Stainless rebar

Business and professional recommendations.
Jlabute
Guru

Stainless rebar

Post by Jlabute »

Hi All,
Anyone know where one can pick up some stainless rebar? 10 or 15mm.
Thanks!
Galileo - In the sciences, the authority of thousands of opinions is not worth as much as one tiny spark of reason from an individual man.
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Re: Stainless rebar

Post by JLives »

Try R&R Reinforcing. If they can't supply they can point you in the right direction.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
Jlabute
Guru

Post by Jlabute »

JLives wrote: Jul 11th, 2023, 4:59 pm Try R&R Reinforcing. If they can't supply they can point you in the right direction.
Thanks. I phoned them, but the lady on the line said said they didn't carry it. I didn't think at the time to ask if she knew a place that carried it. I know the stuff is around somewhere since I've seen the city use it in a few projects. Sometimes they have some excess and I've known some people grab some up from time to time. I'm looking for a small amount. I'm gonna call Varsteel next. Seems as though some places carry smooth stainless bars, but not rebar.
Galileo - In the sciences, the authority of thousands of opinions is not worth as much as one tiny spark of reason from an individual man.
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

Jlabute wrote: Jul 11th, 2023, 6:01 pm
JLives wrote: Jul 11th, 2023, 4:59 pm Try R&R Reinforcing. If they can't supply they can point you in the right direction.
Thanks. I phoned them, but the lady on the line said said they didn't carry it. I didn't think at the time to ask if she knew a place that carried it. I know the stuff is around somewhere since I've seen the city use it in a few projects. Sometimes they have some excess and I've known some people grab some up from time to time. I'm looking for a small amount. I'm gonna call Varsteel next. Seems as though some places carry smooth stainless bars, but not rebar.
Why not ask the City if they can point out where they got them…or maybe…when they are about to toss the next batch ?
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
Jlabute
Guru

Post by Jlabute »

I am considering to ask them :-) They buy a batch, don't use it all, then need a new home for what is left over. I need some fairly quick so, I'll call them tomorrow.
Last edited by Jlabute on Jul 11th, 2023, 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

:up: j
Jlabute wrote: Jul 11th, 2023, 7:09 pm I am considering to ask them :-) They buy a batch, don't use it all, then need a new home for hat is left over. I need some fairly quick so, I'll call them tomorrow.
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown

Return to “Referrals”