Plumber

Business and professional recommendations.
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Plumber

Post by oneh2obabe »

Pipes burst in the kitchen so I need a good plumber who doesn't charge an arm and leg, The plumber 2 of my neighbours and I used retired :last year.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Re: Plumber

Post by Bsuds »

We have always used Wieners plumbing because my Wife knew the owner but he sold it a couple of years ago.
One day you will find someone who is obsessed with you.
It will most likely be a Dog, but it is what it is.
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

Sorry that happened to you 1H20. I can only imagine the mess

Today my bank account was clipped 375.00 for a 1 hr job (also charged for their travel time and clean up time afterwards) to augur out my kitchen sink drain. It had been slow and then completely stopped draining. Plunging didn’t work so in came plumber to find that pipes behind my wall had filled with calcification from our very hard water here in Vernon

Anyway, it’s over and done with, sink drains ( :hailjo: :hailjo: ) properly now but surely hope our Council buys a water softener unit for our condo. I can see the damage it is doing to Waterpik and electric kettle that I have descaled and now only use Britta water in them. This situation must also be hard on ice makers, humidifiers, etc.

The good old days of 50.00 to 100.00 for plumber are long gone and therefore we must have lots of cash to pay the trades if we like inside-the-home running water.
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

Did you find a good plumber?
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
kelownman
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by kelownman »

mexi cali wrote: Jul 25th, 2023, 1:54 pm Did you find a good plumber?
there are no "good" plumbers just expensive ones! [icon_lol2.gif]

stay away from those plumbing companies that charge (I think $60) just to come and look at the problem.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

kelownman wrote: Jul 25th, 2023, 2:12 pm stay away from those plumbing companies that charge (I think $60) just to come and look at the problem.
So someone's time and fuel etc is free!
kelownman
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by kelownman »

Bsuds wrote: Jul 25th, 2023, 2:24 pm

apparently, since the plumbers I hire do not charge for "just coming to take a gander". The plumbers i hire come to fix the issue and then charge for time and fuel!
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

My son's friend is a plumber and he said no problem redoing the whole system no charge. All I pay for is materials and my son's boss said to buy what's needed using his business account at various plumbing wholesalers,
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

oneh2obabe wrote: Jul 25th, 2023, 4:26 pm
My son's friend is a plumber and he said no problem redoing the whole system no charge. All I pay for is materials and my son's boss said to buy what's needed using his business account at various plumbing wholesalers,
You have “pull”.

Wish I did
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

kelownman wrote: Jul 25th, 2023, 2:32 pm
Bsuds wrote: Jul 25th, 2023, 2:24 pm

apparently, since the plumbers I hire do not charge for "just coming to take a gander". The plumbers i hire come to fix the issue and then charge for time and fuel!
True, if you're looking at different quotes to do a major job then would do hat for n/c. If they are coming to do a job then it's built in. Generally a min charge for the first hour or portion.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Catsumi wrote: Jul 25th, 2023, 5:49 pm
You have “pull”.

Wish I did
Well maybe if you provide a gas mask... :biggrin:
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

Bsuds wrote: Jul 25th, 2023, 6:17 pm
Catsumi wrote: Jul 25th, 2023, 5:49 pm
You have “pull”.

Wish I did
Well maybe if you provide a gas mask... :biggrin:
My charming ways mostly does the trick as the well-composed, to the point, error free spelling, [hopefully], online reviews that I take the time to post.

Unknown
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Catsumi wrote: Jul 25th, 2023, 6:40 pm
My charming ways mostly does the trick as the well-composed, to the point, error free spelling, [hopefully], online reviews that I take the time to post.
:up: :up:

Just giving you a rough time. I love my spell checker too.
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

oneh2obabe wrote: Jul 25th, 2023, 4:26 pm
Perfect.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition

Return to “Referrals”