RRSPs

Business and professional recommendations.
gardengirl
Walks on Forum Water

RRSPs

Post by gardengirl »

We currently have RRSPs with Sunlife and are looking at moving elsewhere. We were with the Royal Bank before we changed. Looking for recommendations for a company that is good to deal with an gives decent returns.
Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death.
django
Board Meister

Re: RRSPs

Post by django »

Wealthsimple, for self directed or managed investment accounts. For starters they pay 4.5% on cash accounts. Thank me later.
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

I've been using Questrade with an automated portfolio. Easy to set up, trails the market, low fees.
NotNorthAnymore
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by NotNorthAnymore »

I used to have mine with one of those hole in the wall companies in Prince George when I lived up north.
Was that ever a bad move :swear:
High fees and minimal service for what I got.
Long story short - We changed over to TD when we moved to the Okanagan, and the advisor was a dream.
So good in fact that RBC Dominion Securities poached her :130: .
We, along with over 90% of her clients changed over to RBCDS. She has been getting us steady returns over 5% and is also a registered financial advisor.

IMO - stick with the Canadian Banks - When was the last time one went under?
And your funds are protected. :up:
But - Always do your due diligence
"THEY" are watching you! -- "THEY" know who you are! -- "THEY" know where you are!
Always use heavy duty BBQ tinfoil under your Black Hat - That way "THEY" can't read your 'mind'.
gardengirl
Walks on Forum Water

Post by gardengirl »

NotNorthAnymore wrote: Aug 12th, 2023, 7:42 pm I used to have mine with one of those hole in the wall companies in Prince George when I lived up north.
Long story short - We changed over to TD when we moved to the Okanagan, and the advisor was a dream.
We, along with over 90% of her clients changed over to RBCDS. She has been getting us steady returns over 5% and is also a registered financial advisor.

Thanks for the suggestions. Our original advisor was great. He was one of the owners and was very knowledgeable and easy to work with. The company was bought out by Sun Life and I think he retired.
The new guy they hired to replace him was supposed to be some expert and he totally messed up our accounts.
He stopped our contributions and somehow we were not able to get back into those investments. They opened up new ones and those have never performed as well as the ones we had.
After that, we have been tossed around to whoever is the low man on the totem pole. We don't have a lot of money in there so they just randomly assign us to a new advisor and we don't even know until we get a statement.
Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death.
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

NotNorthAnymore wrote: Aug 12th, 2023, 7:42 pm I used to have mine with one of those hole in the wall companies in Prince George when I lived up north.

Oh gawd, Prince George! Mixed reviews on that city.
We initially invested with a guy, plenty of high recommendations, great track record, then one day found we couldn't access our funds.
Turned out he absconded with a few million from a number of his clients, then used that money to fight us in court.

Then went to another small firm in PG and did very well.

Other dealings we had with the TD, we never knew who our advisor would be that day. They were constantly changing them. And most of the advisors, you couldn't understand their accents.
And don't get me going on trying to buy a new home last year. They treated us like lepers.

Finally pulled everything, found a great guy at a Credit Union.
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
seewood
Guru

Post by seewood »

NotNorthAnymore wrote: Aug 12th, 2023, 7:42 pm We changed over to TD when we moved to the Okanagan, and the advisor was a dream.
Same in Penticton. Also have Royal Bank as well.
NotNorthAnymore wrote: Aug 12th, 2023, 7:42 pm IMO - stick with the Canadian Banks - When was the last time one went under?
:up: :up:
I am not wealthy but I am rich
vegas1500
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by vegas1500 »

gardengirl wrote: Aug 11th, 2023, 12:53 pm We currently have RRSPs with Sunlife and are looking at moving elsewhere. We were with the Royal Bank before we changed. Looking for recommendations for a company that is good to deal with an gives decent returns.
I have a lot through sun life also. I pick and choose what funds I want. Over the last 5 years the returns have been anywhere from 8% the lowest and 25% the highest.
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

you'll never beat the taxman with RRSPs
personally, depending on what you have I'd roll it over to something else or make it a SDRSP\Over the years the Govt has hinted about taxing NOW rrsps
I rebuke you in the name of Versace

Return to “Referrals”