Help Please!! Danby AC under warranty needs repair

Business and professional recommendations.
watchkat
Übergod

Help Please!! Danby AC under warranty needs repair

Post by watchkat »

Does anyone know of a window air conditioner repair person? Before you respond......The air conditioning companies that advertise are doing the large units and do not do window a/c.
Ready?
This is a 14500BTU unit which is starting its second summer and has 6 years of in home warranty. It is a Danby and believe it or not they do not have any service people in the Okanagan for this unit. It is not cooling and since Sunday I have waited and fought until 9am this morning with multiple emails to them and then a third service number...this time a parts service number and the person is in Philippines She told me to call the three services on the website.........None do air conditioning. So their suggestion is to find a service person and they will write a warranty contract for the repair with that person...... ANYONE????Someone?? recommend a company that does Window Air Conditioner repairs.
normaM
The Pilgrim

Re: Help Please!! Danby AC under warranty needs repair

Post by normaM »

Call Richard 2508638546
.. if he doesn't repair them he can most likely give you names of people who can :)
I rebuke you in the name of Versace
TylerM4
Lord of the Board

Post by TylerM4 »

Portable AC units are throw away appliances. Sad but that's the case.

You can't find a repair person because nobody repairs them. In most cases the cost of a repair exceeds the value of the unit.

I really doubt you'll find a reputable repair company/person willing to go through the effort of establishing a contract with the manufacturer. That's got to be one thirsty HVAC tech to go through that effort to maybe make $100 at a time when there's plenty of other work out there. Especially at the onset of a heatwave when these guys are working 14hrs a day at premium "emergency" rates for customers paying in cash. If you do find someone, you'll likely need to pay him/her and then ask the manufacturer to reimburse you.
watchkat
Übergod

Post by watchkat »

thanks for the responses. I'm at a point that I feel they should be replacing the unit NOW. I shouldn't have to chase up a repair person.
youjustcomplain
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by youjustcomplain »

watchkat wrote: Aug 15th, 2023, 12:23 pm thanks for the responses. I'm at a point that I feel they should be replacing the unit NOW. I shouldn't have to chase up a repair person.
What does the warranty state?

Some warranties are held by the manufacturer. Some warranties are bought by the retailer. The difference could mean that you need to contact the retailer rather than the manufacturer. Either way, there should be clear wording about the warranty.

I suspect that your unit has a compressor warranty only, or a sealed system warranty only, otherwise, the unit might have something like 90 days. Who knows. Small appliances haven't been worth repairing for about 30 years.
kaluha

Post by kaluha »

Did you buy it from one of the big places? IE Home Depot, Canadian tire. Maybe they can help you out?
watchkat
Übergod

Post by watchkat »

This was a 2 year all inclusive Warranty with purchase from Danby and extended by them to 6years through their website. This is in home warranty confirmed by Danby......the trouble is no one in Okanagan services window air conditioners........
My last conversation was " I want a new air conditioner. I have tried and no one will help me. Now I shouldn't have do more searching for help ..in good faith you should be replacing this unit with a new one.

Their response on the phone was they will talk to the warranty department and get back to me today. I said you are in Ontario.....I want a response before YOU CLOSE at 6pm YOUR TIME. She said they would before closing today there.

So...........f??
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

watchkat wrote: Aug 15th, 2023, 12:23 pm thanks for the responses. I'm at a point that I feel they should be replacing the unit NOW. I shouldn't have to chase up a repair person.
Like norma said .. Call Richard .
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Not much you can do if no one services them locally.

I'm with you, they should replace it. Have you heard back from them today?
One day you will find someone who is obsessed with you.
It will most likely be a Dog, but it is what it is.
watchkat
Übergod

Post by watchkat »

Just before closing back there I received two emails from two places......the Parts Case Number and one from Original Case Numbers 1 and 2
"could you please forward the serial number, model number and receipt for this air conditioner" Also please forward a picture of the window installation. "

We will respond to this tomorrow with what to do next.
Parts CA Support - CASE265935
Gloria xxxxx
Attachments
2:17 PM (8 hours ago)
to Danby

What the heck is going on? You have these files already Open them - two pages The second page has all the information The first page is the receipt

One attachment
• Scanned by Gmail
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1:27 PM (9 hours ago)
Danby.com Support - CASE409873 - CASE410325
Hi Gloria, thank you for contacting Consumer Services. I am very sorry to hear about this trouble with the unit.

Can you please send me a copy of the receipt for the unit and a picture of the unit as it has been installed? I will also need the model and serial number for the unit which should be at the back of the unit on a small white sticker.

Alicia
Gloria xxxxx
2:13 PM (8 hours ago)
to Danby

Open that attachment.........There are two pages to it The bill receipt and ALL The information that you will require
Honestly! Really! Open the attachment and see there are two pages the information is on page two

Get me a new unit delivered and installed What am I paying warranty for?
One attachment
• Scanned by Gmail

No response as they went home for the night.
kelownman
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by kelownman »

The flippant response by you isnt going to help your case, IMO.

They did respond by day's end and asked for info. Regardless if they already have that info, send it again and put it back in their court. Unless of course, you do NOT want a replacement then proceed with the attitude and hope they will give you a replacement. :D
watchkat
Übergod

Post by watchkat »

When the information is already there in their own records for a 6 year warranty and I have already sent it three times to different file numbers that they have assigned and then those same people ask again for the information, I have a right to be annoyed. The documents were scanned, clearly show 2 pages and they can't seem to look at the second page in the same attachment?

If you were sitting from 6am until 6pm in a94 degree room because you have to keep communicating with all of these different people over and over again, You would be annoyed also.

I paid for 6 year IN HOME Warranty. They sold it to me Danby sold it to me. There are no window service people in the Valley and they are telling me to find someone and they will write a warranty contract with them.

Flippant? hmmmmmm?
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

watchkat wrote: Aug 16th, 2023, 6:47 am When the information is already there in their own records for a 6 year warranty and I have already sent it three times to different file numbers that they have assigned and then those same people ask again for the information, I have a right to be annoyed. The documents were scanned, clearly show 2 pages and they can't seem to look at the second page in the same attachment?

If you were sitting from 6am until 6pm in a94 degree room because you have to keep communicating with all of these different people over and over again, You would be annoyed also.

I paid for 6 year IN HOME Warranty. They sold it to me Danby sold it to me. There are no window service people in the Valley and they are telling me to find someone and they will write a warranty contract with them.

Flippant? hmmmmmm?
I agree with you. It annoys me to no end when people don't look at the information already provided to them.
Seems more like a delay tactic to me,
One day you will find someone who is obsessed with you.
It will most likely be a Dog, but it is what it is.

Return to “Referrals”