Good barber

Business and professional recommendations.
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Good barber

Post by MAPearce »

Anyone know of a GOOD barber , preferably Persian trained, that's open this Saturday ?

I need a good , clean and tight haircut and a beard "MANicure"

TIA ..

Mike
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
FmosaMD
Banned

Re: Good barber

Post by FmosaMD »

The staff at Manmade know their trade well. I myself have been to Kyle (Clement Location) many times, he's knowledgeable. He takes his time, is not rushed at all and ensures the haircut will "grow in" well to look good for more than a week or two.
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

^^ Thank you . I'll check them out
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Wow, thank goodness I haven’t had the need for a barber since my mid 20s.
$50+ for hair cuts and beard trim.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
FmosaMD
Banned

Post by FmosaMD »

You're welcome MAPearce.

GordonH, I remember paying $18 not long ago. Great Clips offers a $22 haircut if you get the flyer... though sincerely do not recommend it.

A traditional men's (traditionally assuming "mainstream Canadians 1950-present") haircut consumes 30-40 minutes. At $42 a cut (plus tax and gratituity, and yes this is a service a tip is worth it), this brings in $546 a day per chair (assuming a 70% schedule fulfillment), or for a 3 chair place like Manmade, ≈$1,500 a day. From this, 3 people required full-time pay ≈ of $60,000/year or $230/day. What is leftover (≈$16,000/month) goes to commercial rent ($9,000/mo.) and other bills.

It's one of those services able to keep up with inflation as people don't get haircuts more than once a month, so the monthly expense isn't up much, and a large portion of our population places great value on their personal appearance.

Hopefully, the price of shelter comes down so we can continue to pay for good services.
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

Side note:

Julius Caesar spent a fair bit of time in camps during his campaigns fighting off dissidents who were against Roman rule. I suspect he had personal dealings with lice as he later took great care in keeping his body as clean as possible. That involved shaving off chest, back and body hair, including plucking. [ouch]

Consider that razors and tweezers were not as efficient back then, and wonder, what did he pay for his grooming bill?
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

Catsumi wrote: Oct 6th, 2023, 6:43 pm Side note:

Julius Caesar spent a fair bit of time in camps during his campaigns fighting off dissidents who were against Roman rule. I suspect he had personal dealings with lice as he later took great care in keeping his body as clean as possible. That involved shaving off chest, back and body hair, including plucking. [ouch]

Consider that razors and tweezers were not as efficient back then, and wonder, what did he pay for his grooming bill?
You know that lice don`t like dirty hair ? ..

Anyway .. Wife likes me in a beard and I HATE them . As a compromise , I`ll have a short , clean , tight and neat one . The last time I got it done was in July in PoCo and found a shop , with a man who was trained in Iran, and he did a FANTASIC job cleaning my shaggy but up . The kid was a master .

I`d go back but he`s all the way in PoCo ..
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

FmosaMD wrote: Oct 6th, 2023, 5:08 pm You're welcome MAPearce.

GordonH, I remember paying $18 not long ago. Great Clips offers a $22 haircut if you get the flyer... though sincerely do not recommend it.

A traditional men's (traditionally assuming "mainstream Canadians 1950-present") haircut consumes 30-40 minutes. At $42 a cut (plus tax and gratituity, and yes this is a service a tip is worth it), this brings in $546 a day per chair (assuming a 70% schedule fulfillment), or for a 3 chair place like Manmade, ≈$1,500 a day. From this, 3 people required full-time pay ≈ of $60,000/year or $230/day. What is leftover (≈$16,000/month) goes to commercial rent ($9,000/mo.) and other bills.

It's one of those services able to keep up with inflation as people don't get haircuts more than once a month, so the monthly expense isn't up much, and a large portion of our population places great value on their personal appearance.

Hopefully, the price of shelter comes down so we can continue to pay for good services.
A good haircut and trim is something we under rate these days and like you said "It`s about service"''

I was more than happy to pay the 40 and dish a generous tip .

I'll go see them .
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

MAPearce wrote: Oct 6th, 2023, 6:52 pm
Catsumi wrote: Oct 6th, 2023, 6:43 pm Side note:

Anyway .. Wife likes me in a beard and I HATE them . As a compromise , I`ll have a short , clean , tight and neat one . The last time I got it done was in July in PoCo and found a shop , with a man who was trained in Iran, and he did a FANTASIC job cleaning my shaggy but up . The kid was a master .

Just trying to drum up business for the Julius look.
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

Catsumi wrote: Oct 6th, 2023, 6:57 pm
MAPearce wrote: Oct 6th, 2023, 6:52 pm

All good Cats .. I'm no Caesar but , Romeo is a good look ..
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

MAPearce wrote: Oct 6th, 2023, 7:14 pm
Catsumi wrote: Oct 6th, 2023, 6:57 pm

Haha. Practice scratching with your hind leg.

Where there’s hair, especially near the piehole, there's gotta be vermin lurking

Enjoy your barbering. [icon_lol2.gif]

Unknown
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

Catsumi wrote: Oct 6th, 2023, 7:30 pm
MAPearce wrote: Oct 6th, 2023, 7:14 pm

Haha. Practice scratching with your hind leg.

Where there’s hair, especially near the piehole, there's gotta be vermin lurking

Enjoy your barbering. [icon_lol2.gif]
THAT is exactly why I need a good barber
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

I go to Rooster's - Franc is great.

https://roostersbarbershop.ca/
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

Even Steven wrote: Oct 7th, 2023, 11:10 am I go to Rooster's - Franc is great.

https://roostersbarbershop.ca/
Shut the front door !

That is worth a try .
RMC 2020

Post by RMC 2020 »

First class barbers is what you're looking for.

Return to “Referrals”