Basran as mayor?

Temporary forum for civic elections
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water
Posts: 11576
Joined: Sep 18th, 2009, 11:58 am

Re: Basran as mayor?

Post by LANDM »

So, what exactly is the problem with this proposal?
And the names that are being thrown out are connected to this thread how?
You and 71 others Like this post
User avatar
Panzer130
Board Meister
Posts: 479
Joined: Sep 19th, 2009, 8:00 am

Re: Basran as mayor?

Post by Panzer130 »

Partmanpartfish wrote:
Gordon is far, far, far from the worst traffic nightmare in Kelowna, and most of the nightmare will end when Lakeshore opens in a few weeks.


sigh.......*removed* Send this over to them to have a good laugh at their expense. Perhaps you could take a moment out of your busy schedule and familiarize yourself with what really happens in the South end of town.
The work at Lakeshore will do absolutely nothing to increase traffic flow in that area. As a matter of fact, what was once a straight through road is now interrupted by a traffic circle. Don't get me wrong, I think circles are a perfect solution to a congested intersection, but this intersection was not a problem for North/South traffic prior to the new bridge work.

But back to the real topic of discussion - the uneducated fools who think somehow allowing this development to happen 10 years early is a bad thing.
This advancement of time line is exactly what this city needs to be doing. Rather than Dither about and waiting until everything is a complete disaster before making a move, we actually have someone saying, hey lets get it in place now before it's too late.
The North / South Traffic through the mission area currently flows through several school zones creating a death waiting to happen. This project would see a large amount of that traffic diverted onto other streets, greatly reducing the congestion,.
In addition to this, it would allow the flow of traffic from Crawford to access the commercial shopping area to be built at the Ponds community. This would also greatly reducing the amount of traffic headed into the lower mission for shopping.

Even Sharron Sheppard wants the communities to be somewhat self sufficient and reduce the need for traveling all over the city for basic amenities.

You guys really need to do your home work before you start beaking off about something you know nothing about.
Last edited by ferri on Nov 23rd, 2014, 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: personal attack
User avatar
Partmanpartfish
Übergod
Posts: 1775
Joined: Apr 5th, 2014, 4:51 pm

Re: Basran as mayor?

Post by Partmanpartfish »

Oddly enough, you actually voted for an uneducated fool for mayor.

If you really think Gordon is Kelowna's worst traffic nightmare, you don't get out much.
User avatar
Panzer130
Board Meister
Posts: 479
Joined: Sep 19th, 2009, 8:00 am

Re: Basran as mayor?

Post by Panzer130 »

Partmanpartfish wrote:Oddly enough, you actually voted for an uneducated fool for mayor.

If you really think Gordon is Kelowna's worst traffic nightmare, you don't get out much.


Just out of curiosity, what end of town do you live in?
User avatar
Anonymous123
Lord of the Board
Posts: 3777
Joined: Feb 8th, 2013, 4:02 pm

Re: Basran as mayor?

Post by Anonymous123 »

No problem with the proposal, I'm just wondering why they want to "accelerate" the project by ten years. Is it because they have no faith in this Council being here any longer than 4 years?
We See
We Judge
We Get Muzzled
User avatar
Partmanpartfish
Übergod
Posts: 1775
Joined: Apr 5th, 2014, 4:51 pm

Re: Basran as mayor?

Post by Partmanpartfish »

Panzer130 wrote:
Just out of curiosity, what end of town do you live in?


I live in a really nice downtown highrise. It takes me about three minutes to walk to work.

Of course, I'm not as smart as you self-professed edjumacated folks who choose to spend a good portion of you lives commuting to your mundane jobs.

I'm not a bit surprised Basran supporters expect ME to pay for your bad location choices, though.
User avatar
Panzer130
Board Meister
Posts: 479
Joined: Sep 19th, 2009, 8:00 am

Re: Basran as mayor?

Post by Panzer130 »

Anonymous123 wrote:No problem with the proposal, I'm just wondering why they want to "accelerate" the project by ten years. Is it because they have no faith in this Council being here any longer than 4 years?


More likely they used their brains and see the need to act before the problem is out of hand. It's called planning ahead.
Logitack
Walks on Forum Water
Posts: 14212
Joined: Aug 12th, 2009, 7:13 pm

Re: Basran as mayor?

Post by Logitack »

Panzer130 wrote:
More likely they used their brains and see the need to act before the problem is out of hand. It's called planning ahead.

it is NOT planning ahead, it is jumping the cue!! what dont you get, this plan was going to happen TEN YEARS FROM NOW. what about those projects that WERE planned before this project...what happens to them!
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water
Posts: 11576
Joined: Sep 18th, 2009, 11:58 am

Re: Basran as mayor?

Post by LANDM »

Logitack wrote:it is NOT planning ahead, it is jumping the cue!! what dont you get, this plan was going to happen TEN YEARS FROM NOW. what about those projects that WERE planned before this project...what happens to them!


Plans are just that...plans.
Secondly, it is not "jumping the cue" it is a queue. A lineup.
It is not a queue. It is planning that is changed due to development that happens in areas where developers are willing to risk their capital.
If you would take the time to "edjumacate" yourself, or whatever your cohort calls it, and actually read the city documents, it is long term planning that is development driven and paid for by development. If the market is changing in such a way that it can be done quicker, that is submitted.

So....what's the problem and what is the connection to the name that was thrown out? I'm really really curious.
You and 71 others Like this post
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water
Posts: 11576
Joined: Sep 18th, 2009, 11:58 am

Re: Basran as mayor?

Post by LANDM »

Partmanpartfish wrote:
I live in a really nice downtown highrise. It takes me about three minutes to walk to work.

Of course, I'm not as smart as you self-professed edjumacated folks who choose to spend a good portion of you lives commuting to your mundane jobs.

I'm not a bit surprised Basran supporters expect ME to pay for your bad location choices, though.


That's really nice that you live downtown in your high rise. The high rise that was built by an evil developer. Who is part of the vast conspiracy of back rooms deals that inhabit your dark little world.

Who are the self professed folks and what is "edjumacated"?

Why do you think you know where anyone lives or assume they have mundane jobs?

Why are the other areas that people live "bad location choices"?

You *really* have a fascinating problem with this superiority complex. Only you make correct choices in job, place to live, who to vote for etc.

If you step back and think about it, don't you find it a bit odd that *everyone* else is wrong and only you are right? Even though you don't know what people do, where they live, who they vote for (other than not who you support)?

What a dark dark world you live in, for many reasons. It must be tough for you.
You and 71 others Like this post
User avatar
annexi
Board Meister
Posts: 374
Joined: Jul 19th, 2009, 12:14 pm

Re: Basran as mayor?

Post by annexi »

Logitack wrote:it is NOT planning ahead, it is jumping the cue!! what dont you get, this plan was going to happen TEN YEARS FROM NOW. what about those projects that WERE planned before this project...what happens to them!

LANDM wrote:Plans are just that...plans.
Secondly, it is not "jumping the cue" it is a queue. A lineup.
It is not a queue. It is planning that is changed due to development that happens in areas where developers are willing to risk their capital.
If you would take the time to "edjumacate" yourself, or whatever your cohort calls it, and actually read the city documents, it is long term planning that is development driven and paid for by development. If the market is changing in such a way that it can be done quicker, that is submitted.

So....what's the problem

Here's the problem LANDM. There are other needed roads already slated for top priority. They will get bumped. This is a quote from Jon Vos at the City: "The schedule could bump other projects for an additional three to six years..."

Who says the developers choice of road is more important that the other ones already planned? That is why the City is having an open house.

If you want to have a real conversation with real people about the issue, show up to the open house and get educated for real.
Even when it's bad it's good. More cowbell.
User avatar
annexi
Board Meister
Posts: 374
Joined: Jul 19th, 2009, 12:14 pm

Re: Basran as mayor?

Post by annexi »

lesliepaul wrote:J.

I did some research and the assertion doesn't make sense.
Even when it's bad it's good. More cowbell.
User avatar
Anonymous123
Lord of the Board
Posts: 3777
Joined: Feb 8th, 2013, 4:02 pm

Re: Basran as mayor?

Post by Anonymous123 »

We See
We Judge
We Get Muzzled
lesliepaul
Grand Pooh-bah
Posts: 2675
Joined: Aug 7th, 2011, 1:56 pm

Re: Basran as mayor?

Post by lesliepaul »

I would believe he meant Jonathan Friesen from The Mission Group?
lesliepaul
Grand Pooh-bah
Posts: 2675
Joined: Aug 7th, 2011, 1:56 pm

Re: Basran as mayor?

Post by lesliepaul »

Upper Mission was where we were going to build 12 years ago.......well the fires took care of that. The area has a wonderful view but I am not a fan of looking at one retaining wall after another climbing higher and higher. Kettle Valley is really "cute".......too cute.......reminds me of the "Stepford Wives". I get the feeling that if a wrapper blew out of your car an alarm would go off in the "town center". Traffic out of there is horrendous and Lakeshore is only drivable when you do not have to be anywhere at any time soon.

To build this new road.....what projects will be pushed back???? Will Basran cater to the chronic whiney or is that winey upper mission people that are never happy and expect everything else in Kelowna to be shelved for their convenience?

Return to “Civic Elections 2014”