Fire fighters support Shepherd

Temporary forum for civic elections
3 B's
Posts: 88
Joined: Oct 16th, 2006, 12:12 pm

Re: FireFighters support Shepherd

Post by 3 B's »

George+ wrote:The mayor has one vote.
Period.

The firefighters see Shepherd as the best leader.



OMG!! This is too funny. You are SOOOOO biased it is unbearable. You clearly cannot see straight. HMMM????
User avatar
Anonymous123
Lord of the Board
Posts: 3779
Joined: Feb 8th, 2013, 4:02 pm

Re: FireFighters support Shepherd

Post by Anonymous123 »

Rwede wrote:So if her building catches fire at the same time as the one beside it, whose would get more water sprayed on it?


Ask Ross Fitzpatrick about that one.
We See
We Judge
We Get Muzzled
3 B's
Posts: 88
Joined: Oct 16th, 2006, 12:12 pm

Re: FireFighters support Shepherd

Post by 3 B's »

Captain Awesome wrote:We don't need some group telling us to vote for their puppet with no real life skills besides owning a building.



EXACTLY!! And being an "Office Manager` - check into it. Husband`s office I am told. Part Building Owner - well that`s an
accomplishment. Could have been given to her. It`s nonsense really. A business woman it does not make.
3 B's
Posts: 88
Joined: Oct 16th, 2006, 12:12 pm

Re: FireFighters support Shepherd

Post by 3 B's »

Partmanpartfish wrote:Does anyone find it interesting that the firefighters can write a whole page re their reasons for supporting Shepherd . . .


. . . but a brain trust of Kelowna's smartest businessmen can't think of a single positive attribute re Basran besides 'he's fresh?'

And 'conservatives' wonder why I mock and laugh at them. It's just too easy.


Yeah you mock and laugh, but you are just as admant for the lieberal point of view as if that is fine. Huh My God the hypochrisy is just too much. Really some of the things that you list as Sharon`s attributes are at best questionable. Because you say she is building owner - wow!! She is an office manager - wow. Get into the details and it`s nothing as I understand it. Stop with the hypochritcial diatritribe. It is getting hard to swallow
George+
Walks on Forum Water
Posts: 10008
Joined: Oct 10th, 2011, 12:08 pm

Re: FireFighters support Shepherd

Post by George+ »

Waiting for the Basran attributes.

Shallowness does not count.
Mtn Biker
Generalissimo Postalot
Posts: 990
Joined: Apr 11th, 2008, 1:22 pm

Re: Fire fighters support Shepherd

Post by Mtn Biker »

TrailRunner2010 wrote:The only reason a firefighters Union rep would come out and say this, is if because they feel they'll get more staff, more money or equipment out of the deal. Our local fire fighters are already overpaid, most earning 89-100K already before the next raise. Enough already. Be like federal employees and no raise for 3-5 years.


You are sure about this? Maybe you should actually call the KFD and ask them . . I did. Obviously one is jealous because of rejection. It stings at first, but don't blame the KFD or Shepherd because one doesn't measure up,
Mtn Biker
Generalissimo Postalot
Posts: 990
Joined: Apr 11th, 2008, 1:22 pm

Re: FireFighters support Shepherd

Post by Mtn Biker »

3 B's wrote:
Yeah you mock and laugh, but you are just as admant for the lieberal point of view as if that is fine. Huh My God the hypochrisy is just too much. Really some of the things that you list as Sharon`s attributes are at best questionable. Because you say she is building owner - wow!! She is an office manager - wow. Get into the details and it`s nothing as I understand it. Stop with the hypochritcial diatritribe. It is getting hard to swallow


Absolutely we are mocking and laughing at everyone who states Basran measures up to Shepherd. That is hypocrisy best defined. Or an oxymoron is you prefer. The guy hasn't done a thing but read the scripts of his handlers and publicist and when he has to think for himself, it's painful to watch. But a group of rich business types keep trying to buy their choices on council and that taints the whole process and smells like rotting flesh.
joemak
Posts: 5
Joined: Dec 22nd, 2011, 6:50 pm

Re: Fire fighters support Shepherd

Post by joemak »

A bunch of city employees telling people who to vote for? I'm not sure they really thought this one out. Heroes? More like zeroes on this one.
Queller
Fledgling
Posts: 150
Joined: Jan 13th, 2009, 4:52 pm

Re: Fire fighters support Shepherd

Post by Queller »

Maybe the firefighters are tired of repeat studies / reports / plans calling for more firefighters but nothing actually being done by the City and are trying to support councillors who will back these plans?

From the Firefighters facebook page:

"• The job of firefighting requires firefighters on scene in a timely manner. Hose lines don’t deploy themselves. By reducing the amount of time it takes to perform fire ground tasks—specifically, deploying a hose line—the better the outcome for the victim and the firefighters.
• The amount of time it takes to mitigate the incident, directly correlates to the number of firefighters available. The more firefighters on the fire ground, , the faster we can complete our fire ground tasks, the faster we can provide a safer environment for ourselves and the community we’ve sworn to protect.
• By adding a 5th Station career Station in Kelowna (Glenmore). You will have more Fire Fighters and quicker response times to the entire city. Reducing the risk and increasing the safety of all citizens of Kelowna. As well the addition of the new career station may save the city considerable dollars in overtime costs, as for the typical residential house fire KFD would commit 3 stations and they could offset calling back firefighters on overtime with the 2 remaining staffed stations.
• Studies that corroborate another professionally manned fire station to be added in Kelowna are International Association of Firefighters Geographic Information Statistics (2007), Mitchell fire dispatch report (2007), Taylor Report, Diamond Consulting on Wild Land, Kelowna Fire Department Strategic Vision (2009), Kelowna Fire Department Strategic Plan 2010-2019, Fire Underwriters Survey (2012)."

Return to “Civic Elections 2014”