Is Charlie Really Dying?

Temporary forum for civic elections
thisisforsale

Re: Is Charlie Really Dying?

Post by thisisforsale »

nextimeround wrote: I think we need to elect people more based on character than political affiliation. People like Charlie Hodge have a history of supporting what they believe is in the best interest of the community and in challenging things that they think are short term gain with long term pain associated. .

Character? Does character just happen when you are running for council or does it show in how you handle past relationships with people?
George+
Walks on Forum Water

Post by George+ »

Yes.

Charlie has a lot of character.

Good Luck to him.
thisisforsale

Post by thisisforsale »

[quote="nextimeround
As someone who has known Charlie for 20+ years I can say without hesitation that you are wrong in your evaluation that Charlie is not well versed in pro-business needs or methods. Remember this is municipal politics here, you yourself say "Charlie's a great man" combine that with his experience, extensive knowledge, honesty and forthrightness and you have the best candidate running in my opinion.

BTW - you are selfish, two-faced and chicken *bleep* for wanting to remain anonymous so that you can "hang out" whenever it suits you. You don't deserve to enjoy Charlie's company.[/quote]

Last edited by thisisforsale on Nov 15th, 2014, 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
George+
Walks on Forum Water

Post by George+ »

Charlie gets my vote.

But none of the current council.
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

Congratulations Charlie . Give em hell and keep em honest
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

Congratulations Charlie, do well and please take care of your health.
I haven't failed until I quit.
occasional thoughts
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by occasional thoughts »

While "Charlie" strikes me from across the lake as a bit of a flake, not unlike certain loved West Kelowna councillors over here, I'm always glad when non-establishment types can stand up to wealth-driven organizers and slates and get themselves elected. So, yes, congrats Mr. Hodge from the other side of the lake.

Return to “Civic Elections 2014”