West Kelowna results

Temporary forum for civic elections
Randall T
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: West Kelowna results

Post by Randall T »

When you decide to run for office your life is an open book and your follies will resurface and not be forgotten. People will form opinions based on your history. I personally don't know the man, but I would never support him solely due to the arena fiasco. That was enough for me to form a personal opinion of the way he operates. Others also appear to have their own various reasons to not want him on council. This is not an attack on his person, but an opinion of his capabilities to serve the best interests of the community from a council seat.
I birn quil I se
occasional thoughts
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by occasional thoughts »

The thing I'm getting as life grinds on is that Conservatives, while they may be conservative, are not always nice people (see Rob Ford and many others). My upbringing was "conservative evangelical" and I thought that such people were good people even if I grew to dislike some of their public policy. Think: Robert Stanfield, Joe Clark, et al. Whoo: now Conservatives are in jail in Ontario for dirty election tricks.

So TRIX is now self-revealed as a major apologist for another un-nice Conservative. Anything about Rusty is on the public record. He did lead the community into a massive overage on Royal LePage Place that it did not have a say on. He did have domestic trouble that hit the courts and the public record. He did apply to open a gravel pit in Rose Valley. I don't know if it is on the public record directly, but his brothers did fire him from Ensign Bros. and it is common knowledge that he now operates his own businesses. He does not live in the community. But he does have "good" Conservative credentials and he has been rewarded. At this point, the so-called democratic process having been satisfied, he is on council and I do not wish him ill. But one wonders what dynamic got him there and why it was seen as positive for our district.
TRIX
Fledgling

Post by TRIX »

OT, I do not apologize for Rusty in any way, My defense is simply rooted in unfounded allegations and inuendo. The actual facts are that Rusty does live in the community, on Bartley Rd. He and his brothers have probably fired each other many times over the years as any Triad such as a family business will have it's strains but in the end they run a long time successful family business. Rusty is a businessman and has many interests outside the family business, that is not a crime. Many of is interests are community based and some even volunteer. So what if he applied to open a gravel pit in Rose valley. He was denied and on to the next business project they go, non issue. The arena, of course it went over budget, I was not happy also. The majority of projects of this sort go over for a multitude of reasons. Rusty was the face of that and wears the responsibility. What we have ended up with is one of the cornerstones of our community and a valuable asset to the social fabric of West Kelowna. Rusty is a man that has had a tenuous personal life that has caused him many problems over time bit I think that he is a seasoned political figure in our community that is committed to being a better person today than he was yesterday and that is why I will call him my friend today, without apology.
occasional thoughts
Grand Pooh-bah

Please tell me when he moved into the district from Trepanier? If that is correct, I stand corrected, and apologize.
occasional thoughts
Grand Pooh-bah

Well, so far I don't stand corrected. Sorry, TRIX, but no sorry from me yet. Checking Canada 411 brings up a Rusty Ensign, no address, in the 767 (Peachland area) exchange and a Russ Ensign at 2210 Bartley Road in West Kelowna. The Trepanier (rural, unorganized regional district territory) area borders Peachland and is where Rusty has lived for a number of years now so far as I know.

Doing a Google search on the Bartley Road address finds that it is or seems to be the horse trailer sales place across Bartley from Bylands. Bottom line: I have to assume that TRIX was winging it and doesn't know what he/she is talking about on this matter.

That said, it is perfectly legal for someone to run in a district for which he/she is not resident, but it is a MINOR issue if electors want to make it one. And I choose to make it one, for the very little impact my opinion may have.
TRIX
Fledgling

Post by TRIX »

Well OT, I see your skepticism and negativity continue to pollute your humanity. If you chose to do the work necessary you would find the info I give you correct and accurate. Although you are correct on the Trepanier address your assumption of his residential status is flawed as it is public knowledge that Rusty's house burnt down some time ago by no fault of his own. Don't worry no one expects you to have any compassion for his loss. Saying that, Rusty chose to support and assist his mother as she lost her husband of 60 years a little while ago and decided to live very close to her. I confirmed my info that I post this morning as you also have the ability to do also rather than "wing it". Clearly the truth is no where near as sexy as the suspicion and gossip you seem to want to spread and reduce this forum to a West Kelowna Enquirer. If this residency question is truly your only "minor" issue you have as you state then Thank God it is cleared up and we will not have to read your half truths any longer.
occasional thoughts
Grand Pooh-bah

I don't know what the hell you're saying.
TRIX
Fledgling

Post by TRIX »

Thank-you, I will take that as an apology for infering that I am "winging it" and "don't know what I am talking about. Your credibility has finally been exposed for what it is. Please play nice from now on and do your homework. I will do the same always.
occasional thoughts
Grand Pooh-bah

It is no apology, but you are an apologist. A family member maybe? I can find a Rusty Ensign in the 767 exchange on Canada 411. Not anywhere else.

Return to “Civic Elections 2014”