Results for Kelowna

Temporary forum for civic elections
canucksfan17

Results for Kelowna

Post by canucksfan17 »

I just want to say congratulations to Colin Basran, a class act who is the perfect fit for our community at this moment in time and going into the future! I feel he will lead our city in the right direction and encourage further developing of our downtown.

How does everyone feel the election went? Do the elected candidates represent where we want to go as a city?

Personally, I am quite pleased with this election, however Hodge Podge is a joke, he should not have won.

Also, wondering if any of Sharron's supporters got away with voting twice at different locations?
I know that a few of them had said that they were going to be in honest and try to get her as many votes as possible.
As I said before, I will never repeat myself again.
Change is good, but dollars are better.
Polish people and the Calgary Flames, two different things, but so similar.
jamapple
Übergod

Re: RESULTS FOR KELOWNA

Post by jamapple »

You sound pretty petty to me. If someone got in, it's because the people have spoken. If someone is a joke, you must feel the people that voted for him must be pretty dumb!.
I never voted for Basran, but sent a congrataltory note!
Why open a thread to air frustration for people that didn't get it their way? I voted Shepard, but as I sit here being dark outside, I know the sun will rise today, and things won't seem all that different.
I am glad that none of the Taxpayer first group got in, if I may say anything at all.
Congratulations, again, Mr. Basran, and all coucillors and trustees that got in!!
George+
Walks on Forum Water

Post by George+ »

My congratulations to all who ran.
Hopefully, Mr. Basran represents all of the citizens.

But I worry that the ForKelowna crowd is represented by
the petulant comments of canucksfan17.

Time wil tell. Beautiful morning for all breaking now.
Lady tehMa
Buddha of the Board

Post by Lady tehMa »

jamapple wrote:You sound pretty petty to me. If someone got in, it's because the people have spoken. If someone is a joke, you must feel the people that voted for him must be pretty dumb!.
I never voted for Basran, but sent a congrataltory note!
Why open a thread to air frustration for people that didn't get it their way? I voted Shepard, but as I sit here being dark outside, I know the sun will rise today, and things won't seem all that different.
I am glad that none of the Taxpayer first group got in, if I may say anything at all.
Congratulations, again, Mr. Basran, and all coucillors and trustees that got in!!

That is a very mature post, kudos to you jamapple.

I myself voted for 11, 5 got in. I exercised my right, and am pleased I was able to influence even that much.

Congratulations to all, and may you do well in the term ahead.
PLEASE use spellcheck. If that is too hard, consider installing the Grammarly (free!) app that will not only spellcheck for you (AND offer corrections!) but also make sure that your sentences are grammatically correct.

You're welcome.
KelownaResid

Re: Results for Kelowna

Post by KelownaResid »

Very impressive results for Colin once again. If you read the case study on Colins 2011 campaign on the Centro Consulting website it is clear why he was successful once again. Hopefully Colins success in 2011 and 2014 will be a lesson to all future councilor and mayoral candidates
shrory
Fledgling

Re: Results for Kelowna

Post by shrory »

So the unabated spending will continue along with tax increases, now we have Basran, aka Ron Mattiussi, Basran will do as he is told, we also have Tracy Gray aka Walter Gray, who will be told what to do, by both Mattiussi and Gray

Return to “Civic Elections 2014”