Riddle for the Castanauts.

Just what it says. Games. On a forum.
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Re: Riddle for the Castanauts.

Post by grammafreddy »

I'm pretty smart, eh?
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
Piecemaker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Piecemaker »

Heck of a lot smarter than me apparently. I'm walking around in this heat while Norma drives the cool vehicles. (And what do I care is the shortest route to the liquor store?! I don't drink!)
It's possible to do all the right things and still get a bad result.
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

Yeah, for sure, Piece ... are you gonna let Norma get away with that? Maybe a drink would help???
__________________________________________________________________________________________

Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

to Grammafreddy:
    Just so we know you're on the right track, please give us more details as what you mean by triangulation, and how would this account for the error.

to kgcayenne:
    Piecemaker is the only one who has a GPS, and she isn't sharing.

to Piecemaker:
    You're the only one with a GPS, and that's pretty cool.

to anyone else I may have missed:
    You're also on the wrong track.
Last edited by Glacier on Jul 7th, 2011, 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

The GPS isn't going to take into account for the up and down distance. it only calculates a straight line so it is a false reading.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
strwbrrydvl
Guru

Post by strwbrrydvl »

Glacier wrote:to anyone else I may have missed:
    You're also on the wrong track.

I'm anyone else, huh? Gee thanks lol
Some people develop a wishbone where their backbone should be.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Grammfreddy and Bsuds have solved the case.

Conclusion:

After this new found knowledge about the GPS (thanks to Castanauts), NormaM and Piecemaker decided to celebrate by "tying one on" over at NormaM's place. After a while they started thinking of crazy stuff to do, so over to Bsud's place they go (on their bicycles), where they pick up exactly 2.15 km of rope (that's all the rope he had, and since he was sleeping at the time, they didn't want to wake him).

Walking around the mountain with rope in hand they discover it is indeed 2.15 km. The route over the mountain is also exactly 2.15 km.

They concluded that NormaM's aggressive hummer driving added an additional 10 meters to the odometer because she spun the tires (she likely did it on purpose to add a little insurance to her case), so everyone is happy because no one had to concede defeat.

The end.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

Actually, I think it was the sliding, screeching stop that Norma's aggressive driving made that added the extra 10 metres. She was driving too fast for the rainy road conditions, came roaring into her driveway, slammed on (and locked up) the Hummer's brakes, and it skidded that additional 10 metres.

mee-mo87
Board Meister

Post by mee-mo87 »

Glacier, might you have another riddle?
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

mee-mo87 wrote:Glacier, might you have another riddle?

Not at the moment, but as soon as a new one pops in my head, I'll post it here.
- Douglas Murray
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

I just sobered up! Strange, the Benz is missing and in its place is a skateboard with $5.00 taped underneath. And a broken GPS, and I haven't seen Piecemaker since :)

But here is my Riddle
What happened in 1961 that will not happen again for over 4000 years?
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
V-Rated
Guru

Post by V-Rated »

the number 1961, upside down, is 1961 again
~Each morning I wake, my feet touch the floor, Satan shudders and says, *bleep*! She's awake!~
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

ding ding ding! You're up Doll :) Next time it happens I'll buy you a glass of wine LOL :P
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Graham Adder, an avid canoeist, decides to travel all the way down the Okanagan Valley to the Columbia River. Starting in Vernon, he traverses Okanagan Lake, jumps the dam, heads past Penticton, across Skaha Lake, hops over five dams on his way to Vasaux Lake, meanders and down the Okanagan River past Oliver, and into Osoyoos Lake.

Sneaking across the border, he reaches the southern end of Osoyoos Lake only to discover that the water is flowing northward over the dam. This confuses the heck out of him, so thinking he must have gotten his directions confused (possibly through some sort of U.S. government mind-controlling radio transmission), turns around and heads northward up the lake. Upon reaching the northern end of the lake again, he observes that the water is flowing southward, so he heads southward again only to discover the water is indeed flowing north over the dam. Back and forth he goes for 19 hours in a semi-suicidal state of panicked confusion.

Finally, he decided to stop at the pub for a few drinks and get a good night's rest (hoping it was all just a bad dream). The next day he gets up and heads south again, but this time the water is flowing south over the dam, much he is great relief.

How and why was the was the water flowing northward over the dam?
- Douglas Murray
mee-mo87
Board Meister

Post by mee-mo87 »

Windy Day?

Return to “Forum Games”