Slot 16

Re: Jack Layton ... RIP

Post by Jo »

*sigh* back on topic.
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

Elizabeth May will be attending the funeral along with a long list of dignitaries.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
jaz301
Walks on Forum Water

Post by jaz301 »

That was an emotional, touching, inspiring funeral. Rip Jack.

"the torch is now passed. The job of making the the world a better place is up to us." Rev. Brent Hawkes

My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world.

All my very best,

Jack Layton
Life is too sho......
bbmyster_1
Fledgling

Post by bbmyster_1 »

:rate10:
jaz301 wrote:That was an emotional, touching, inspiring funeral. Rip Jack.

"the torch is now passed. The job of making the the world a better place is up to us." Rev. Brent Hawkes

My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world.

All my very best,

Jack Layton

posting.php?mode=smilies&f=27&start=100#
Cumungala
Übergod

Post by Cumungala »

I don't think there were many dry eyes in Canada during the funeral. Its devastating that we lost a very well known and liked political figure and its devastating that he died at such a young age. Condolences to the family.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Cumungala wrote:I don't think there were many dry eyes in Canada during the funeral. Its devastating that we lost a very well known and liked political figure and its devastating that he died at such a young age. Condolences to the family.

This week long funeral now I hope is finally over. There were even moments of silence for Jack at the weekend football games I watched. Wow! It was almost with some relief that I saw the flags returning to full mast this afternoon. Canada lost a leader this week, and I was sad. But the tributes and the out-pouring of grief have been a bit over-done, to the point of a bit of nuttiness. I liked Jack's last letter, but was kind of feeling a bit cheesed when I found out it was more NDP spin-doctoring than Jack's actual final words. A lot of these "tributes" have felt a bit more like NDP propaganda campaigns then real tributes. At any rate - I just hope the public grieving is now finally over, and we can all finally move on, as the melodrama was getting a bit hard to take already.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

I'm not sure if that letter had much to do with spin-doctors. Or more to do with a person to frail of health to put pen to paper, asked friends & colleagues for help.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

hockeyfan1970 wrote:I'm not sure if that letter had much to do with spin-doctors. Or more to do with a person to frail of health to put pen to paper, asked friends & colleagues for help.

I hope you are right, and this is the scenario that I will go with. The alternative, that the NDP is trying capitalize on the popularity of their dying leader by issuing a letter they are claiming he wrote, makes me sick to my stomach.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
razzledazzle
Lord of the Board

Post by razzledazzle »

The Green Barbarian wrote:
Cumungala wrote:I don't think there were many dry eyes in Canada during the funeral. Its devastating that we lost a very well known and liked political figure and its devastating that he died at such a young age. Condolences to the family.

This week long funeral now I hope is finally over. There were even moments of silence for Jack at the weekend football games I watched. Wow! It was almost with some relief that I saw the flags returning to full mast this afternoon. Canada lost a leader this week, and I was sad. But the tributes and the out-pouring of grief have been a bit over-done, to the point of a bit of nuttiness. I liked Jack's last letter, but was kind of feeling a bit cheesed when I found out it was more NDP spin-doctoring than Jack's actual final words. A lot of these "tributes" have felt a bit more like NDP propaganda campaigns then real tributes. At any rate - I just hope the public grieving is now finally over, and we can all finally move on, as the melodrama was getting a bit hard to take already.

I find nothing wrong with the tributes and the out-pouring of grief, this has nothing to with the NDP, but for a man who was for the people.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

razzledazzle wrote:
I find nothing wrong with the tributes and the out-pouring of grief, this has nothing to with the NDP, but for a man who was for the people.

yet I have to admit I gagged when I heard that the City of Toronto was going to bathe the CN tower in orange light in "tribute" - nothing to do with the NDP eh? I guess the colour orange was purely a coicidence.
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

What does the City of Toronto have to do with the CN Tower? They don't own it.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
heymac
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by heymac »

razzledazzle wrote:

yet I have to admit I gagged when I heard that the City of Toronto was going to bathe the CN tower in orange light in "tribute" - nothing to do with the NDP eh? I guess the colour orange was purely a coicidence.

When the NDP win the next election I wonder if the postie uniform will change to orange like they changed to the CONS colours in the 80s under Mulroney?
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

razzledazzle wrote:

True the tower did do orange, I believe as a tribute to the Jack. Seeing he serve the City longer than he did as leader NDP.

That just happen to be colour associated with Jack currently, I have no idea what colour he was connected with as a member of Toronto City councillor.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

heymac wrote:
When the NDP win the next election

:dyinglaughing: :dyinglaughing: :dyinglaughing: :dyinglaughing: :dyinglaughing: :dyinglaughing:

thanks for my Monday morning "jumpstart" laugh Heymac - that is comedy gold at its finest... :dyinglaughing:
razzledazzle
Lord of the Board

Post by razzledazzle »

heymac wrote:
razzledazzle wrote:

When the NDP win the next election I wonder if the postie uniform will change to orange like they changed to the CONS colours in the 80s under Mulroney?
:offtopic:

Return to “Canada”