Ernie Hurd for Council

lumbite

Ernie Hurd for Council

Post by lumbite »

I would once again ask Peachlanders' to support me in my bid for a council seat. I cannot blame my decison to quit solely on the curling rink referendum but on a miriad of personal issues that I was facing at the same time. I have proved over the years that I am not a quitter. I also proved that I was a positive contributor during my tenure on council.
One of the first things I would like to accomplish is either dispel or correct the rumour of the tail wagging the dog. I would also encourage staff (that do not live here) to read the Peachland memoirs books so they understand the heart, history and soul of this community.
Second I would expediate the rebuild of Princeton. I live in the Trepanier area but this summer I travelled extensively up and down Princeton; we have to do something to it with or without developers.
Thirdly I would eat a portion of humble pie and LISTEN to what the voters have to say based on an honest, personal subjective and uncoerced view of the issues.
Fourthly I would change coumcil meetings to 6:00 p.m. to deal with District business first hand...hands on. The committee of the whole meeting in the morning would comprise of an idea session and brain storming; public included.
Call me at 250 317 7547 to discuss these ideas and yours.....Ernie
southernfrau
Board Meister

Re: Ernie Hurd for Council

Post by southernfrau »

Go for it Ernie, I will vote for you and so will my husband. You had the nerve to stand up for something and that to us shows integrity that this current council doesn't have. Git Er Done....
Nebula
Buddha of the Board

Post by Nebula »

^
Last edited by Nebula on Oct 5th, 2011, 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You cannot reason someone out of a position that they did not use reason to arrive at.
Born_again
Guru

Post by Born_again »

Sorry Ernie, but my memory is good enough to recall the contempt with which you treated your electorate, and the money you cost us all. You can try your hand at politicking again, but I'm sure I'm not alone in recognising you as a blight in the annals of Peachland's political history.
Oh, by the way, you are a quitter, by any definition of the term. Next time you want to quit, at least do it at another town's expense.
ogleby
Fledgling

Post by ogleby »

Nebula wrote:He quit because he didn't get his way and cost taxpayers $10,000 in the process.

It will be interesting to see how this story plays out in the View/News, given the apparent bias shown in the wording of this post.
How long must a body be buried before a grave-robber becomes an archeologist?
Nebula
Buddha of the Board

Post by Nebula »

^
Last edited by Nebula on Oct 5th, 2011, 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You cannot reason someone out of a position that they did not use reason to arrive at.
ogleby
Fledgling

Post by ogleby »

Not fair -- updating the post while I'm replying to it. :cursor:

Still doesn't say "I quit because I didn't get my way".
Nebula
Buddha of the Board

Post by Nebula »

^
Last edited by Nebula on Oct 5th, 2011, 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Slick Lizzy1
Fledgling

Post by Slick Lizzy1 »

If Ernie can get together I feel Peachland needs some working class people that can relate to local issues.
So far the last few group that we have to call leaders are debatable. A new clean house is what I would like to see starting at the top right to the bottom.
ogleby
Fledgling

Post by ogleby »

Nebula wrote:Yeah, okay, maybe not the exact words, but it was quite clear what Hurd was referring to. .

The difference between what he said and what you think he meant is the difference between reporting and editorializing.
dogspoiler
Buddha of the Board

Post by dogspoiler »

Wassa matter Neb, didn't get your own way and quit. :dyinglaughing:
Black Dogs Matter
dogspoiler
Buddha of the Board

Post by dogspoiler »

Born_again wrote:Sorry Ernie, but my memory is good enough to recall the contempt with which you treated your electorate, and the money you cost us all. You can try your hand at politicking again, but I'm sure I'm not alone in recognising you as a blight in the annals of Peachland's political history.
Oh, by the way, you are a quitter, by any definition of the term. Next time you want to quit, at least do it at another town's expense.

I have read and re-read this post several times. It's true, It's damn true. :rate10:
Black Dogs Matter
Slick Lizzy1
Fledgling

Post by Slick Lizzy1 »

Ernie may have jumped ship a bit early but what was the point, just to stay and be a floater like the rest.
At least with the replacement election we got some new young blood that might turn out to be refreshing.
I feel that Charlette hasn't been spoiled by the seniors yet.
Robin Hood

Post by Robin Hood »

Ernie Hurd running for Council will be quite controversial. In my opinion, the fact that we needed a by-election will go against him. But it takes a lot of guts to try again and we should let Peachland voters decide. If Ernie got very emotional about an issue, that's not a bad thing. I sometimes think that too many politicians don't care enough to be emotional. I would say "good luck" but I think he will need a lot of luck to get re-elected.
Whether you think you can or whether you think you can't; you're right.
lumbite

Post by lumbite »

So this is an interesting forum. I knew when I signed up for this the smear would come. The great thing about anonymity is you can berate, criticize and say whatever tasteless remarks you want. I have had lots of time to reflect on the referendum for the multi use facility. I was surprised at the outcome only because as a tax payer I understand that I am responsible for the shared cost of facilities. The multi use facility would have been a shared cost facility similar to the community center, the seniors complex, fith st. place, community policing building, the tennis courts...parks etc. I pay for the community center, the p.d.r.s. building, fith street place etc.but I do not use them so I am going to ask for a refund.

Return to “C.E. Peachland”