Ernie Hurd for Council

dogspoiler
Buddha of the Board

Re: Ernie Hurd for Council

Post by dogspoiler »

Way to go, if you cant make sense and show responsibility you might as well spew some foolishness. At least you will be entertaining us.
By the way, I voted for you the first time.
You really should not refer to the truth as a smear, it makes it appear that you do not consider yourself accountable for your actions.
Black Dogs Matter
lumbite

Post by lumbite »

:sunshine:
Last edited by lumbite on Oct 7th, 2011, 7:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
dogspoiler
Buddha of the Board

Post by dogspoiler »

I don't need you, you just seem to be unavoidable. I thought we were rid of you once, that should have been enough.
Black Dogs Matter
lumbite

Post by lumbite »

dogspoiler I did not mean to get personal with you.....if you want to debate policy, ideas that I have then we will continue the dialogue. Thanks for your contributions. Ernie
dogspoiler
Buddha of the Board

Post by dogspoiler »

I'll be happy to, but I will be pretty much out of touch for a few days.
Dog
Black Dogs Matter
Slick Lizzy1
Fledgling

Post by Slick Lizzy1 »

The real question is, are you up for the abuse?
mayor quimby

Post by mayor quimby »

Slick Lizzy1 wrote:The real question is, are you up for the abuse?

People are fickle, if you can and will make a difference, only thoses that are truely shallow will keep bringing things of the past up. Our council of today has followed alondg like sheep for so long I don't think any one of them would be able to say what they themselves has done over the last term, other than take direction from senior staff on almost every turn.

As I recall when you were sitting at the table you would actually question the info from staff AND do your own research before making a decision.
lumbite

Post by lumbite »

Slick I knew the ride was going to be rough and I am willing to take the ride. Council needs someone like me back....someone willing to speak their mind ......someone willing to put it all on the line which I did. I will not be a puppet.......look out city hall.
shankari2
Fledgling

Post by shankari2 »

No, Mr, Hurd spoke his mind on council, and in the end quit because, I think, he was just plain angry! We need people on council who read documents themselves, ask questions if they do not understand, talk with their voters, respond to emails politely and answer concerns as well as they can, and in general appear to be involved in the job of being a councillor. I am concerned that several of our presently elected councillors have little understanding about matters they are asked to decide on and do not respond to letters or emails and are difficult to contact by phone.

I agree with Mr. Hurd, however, that the present council meetings are mere rubber stamps, nothing is fully discussed, and although I have never been able to attend a committee meeting, I have heard that they are little better!

We need councillors without specific agendas that they are closed about, rather we need people willing to talk, be open to change and compromise, willing to reach out to the community and receive input.

The new mayor needs to know that Town Hall Meetings are not coffee and cookie nights! We need a council not scared to talk with Peachlanders in open discussion.

Mr. Hurd demonstrated that he was unwilling to do much of the above, before he resigned from his elected position.
Robin Hood

Post by Robin Hood »

Well put Shankari2!
I would agree 100% with what you said about the job of Councillor. Your post was very appropriate and identifies a big issue. Councillors have to be approachable and available; they also have to be prepared to listen. These skills are necessary but somewhat in short supply. Quite frankly I would encourage you to run. You have the insight to understand the job and be prepared to contribute to open debate on issues. Have you thought about running?
Whether you think you can or whether you think you can't; you're right.
lumbite

Post by lumbite »

shankari2.....I moved to Peachland in 1992. I was part of the more than 2000 people who moved to Peachland during 1985 & 1996. The population went from 2300 to 4600. I wanted to be part of a growing community where the community was important. I became a girls fastpitch coach, a firefighter, a community policing volunteer and in 1996 my first stint on council. Dave Preston coined an acronym a few years ago....CAVERS. Citizens against virtually everything. Why is there this need to be this way?
First: Yes I was angry. I was upset that the kids in the elementary school had lost a vital facility for extra curricular activities. I was upset that one would vote no just because you didn't curl; I don't curl either. I was upset that we had disposed of a social outlet that was present with the old rink, the bowling alley etc.
Second: I never had a personal agenda just ideas that I felt might make Peachland a better place to live. The parks & trails we origionally labelled with the peach logo. The kiosk in Trepanier Park. The bridge by the hwy crossing Trepanier creek etc.
My name says it all peachlandboy and it is being ruined by self serving special interest groups.
You say you want a council who are willing to listen, to discuss and compromise....it is a two way street. Ernie
Slick Lizzy1
Fledgling

Post by Slick Lizzy1 »

"The parks & trails we origionally labelled with the peach logo."

:ohmygod:

Don't tell me that's where "Let's play along" logo came from.
What a joke, an embarrassment and big waste of money.
shankari2
Fledgling

Post by shankari2 »

'CAVERS' what an insult to brand people who disagree with you with an insulting label. Preston started this insulting 'branding' and you seem to be perpetuating it. There are NO 'Cavers' in Peachland, there are just people with different opinions and they need to be heard without being name called. The curling club was never about those who curl and those who don't, it was about fiscal management! I will only vote for people who do not name call or solve arguements using the same method.
lumbite

Post by lumbite »

slick lizzy.....these hiking trail peach signs were churned out by my creative juices and a fellow hiker to identify where the hiking trails are. I paid for the paint & plastic and went out on my own time and installed them :ohmygod: It is about being community minded...... bottom line
Slick Lizzy1
Fledgling

Post by Slick Lizzy1 »

The question is why haven't you turned in you name to be listed with the rest.
If your not stepping up then why bother posting on here?

Return to “C.E. Peachland”