Councillors Missing Meetings & Being Late

IlluminatiDunce

Councillors Missing Meetings & Being Late

Post by IlluminatiDunce »

IlluminatiDunce

Re: Councillors Missing Meetings & Being Late

Well it's not like they're getting paid.

I'm sure if Craig & Blanleil were late and missed over 30% of the time in any other job they'd be re-hired.
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

IlluminatiDunce wrote:Well it's not like they're getting paid.

They get paid quite nicely from our tax dollars.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
richardtaylor1973

Post by richardtaylor1973 »

While her position on the table may indicate otherwise, the Mayor's attendance record is questionable. Mayor is a full time job that should not have the distractions of either running a multi-million dollar business with 16 locations and a significant number of employees OR full-time study plus part-time work to support those studies.
IlluminatiDunce

Our councillors don't get paid, if they did they wouldn't be late and miss over 30% of the meetings. I know they wouldn't collect their pay cheques if they were late and missed that many meetings, they do have principles.
richardtaylor1973

IlluminatiDunce wrote:Our councillors don't get paid.

WRONG.

In 2011, the Mayor of Kelowna will be paid $89,660.08. Compensation for Kelowna city councillors is set at 35 per cent of the mayor's compensation - $31,381.02 in 2011.

Is also an expense allowance of (I believe) up to $6k per year. For more info on expenses see: [url]http://www.kelownadailycourier.ca/stories_local.php?id=367955
[/url]

IlluminatiDunce: If you are going to contribute to this forum, please check your facts and stop posting mis-information.
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

__________________________________________________________________________________________

IlluminatiDunce

What? Councillors and Mayors get paid? What next? Sarcasm on an internet forum? I hope not, because sarcasm is really hard to decipher especially when it involves something as obvious and as discussed as council remuneration.
IlluminatiDunce

All I know is I am voting for Craig and Blanleil. I want small government, and with these two being late and missing over 30% of the time you can't get a smaller government then one that doesn't show up.
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

LOL

Sometimes a sarcastic comment is followed by ...

/sarcasm off

grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

IlluminatiDunce wrote:All I know is I am voting for Craig and Blanleil. I want small government, and with these two being late and missing over 30% of the time you can't get a smaller government then one that doesn't show up.

I think they were in school - Blanleil was teaching Craig how to vote on issues and how to get along in the "old boys club" to his best personal advantage.

Craig certainly did manage to change his tune from his campaign promises to his actual voting habits. He probably will be a one-shot-at-the-pot councillor - or at least I hope so.

richardtaylor1973

IlluminatiDunce wrote:All I know is I am voting for Craig and Blanleil. I want small government, and with these two being late and missing over 30% of the time you can't get a smaller government then one that doesn't show up.

Nice one.

Apologies for missing the sarcasm earlier. With some of the crap that gets posted/broadcast it wouldn't surprise me if there were those that believed they were volunteer positions.
IlluminatiDunce

Blanleil missed almost 25% of the meetings and councillors make $30,000 a year. So let's see, for all the meetings he didn't attend in three years Blanleil still got paid a total of $22,500 for his absences. I wouldn't want to ask for him to pay back that public money, after all he is barely surviving and the city has enough dough to buy 14 more stainless steel coat racks for either end of the bridge.
IlluminatiDunce

I just figured it out. Councillors couldn't get more money for each hour they worked so they worked less hours to make each hour worth more. BRILLANT! That's why Craig and Blanleil will be getting my vote.
Logitack
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Logitack »

where did the numbers for the absences and lates come from? got a source?

Return to “C.E. Kelowna”