Backyard Chickens

grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Re: Backyard Chickens

Post by grammafreddy »

The Green Barbarian wrote:
grammafreddy wrote:Great Cal. How much will the job pay?

I'll start on Backyard Pigs next .... best little garden diggers ever!!!

LOL

Now pigs - there's a great pet! Don't get me started on those guys! :)

:coffeecanuck:
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
exFarmerS
Board Meister

Post by exFarmerS »

grammafreddy wrote:Great Cal. How much will the job pay?

I'll start on Backyard Pigs next .... best little garden diggers ever!!!

LOL

I'd prefer goats be 2nd on the list. 2-3 mini goats per yard and I could eliminate that noisy, gas-eating lawnmower. The goats will trim the lawn and fertilize at the same time!

But some of you are right that backyard chickens is a pretty minor issue in the big scheme of things. It's not like we're inventing the wheel here. As others have pointed out, this is just a non-issue in a lot of cities that have introduced it successfully. I think the only people that have any real understanding of the issue are those that have had or been around small flocks of chickens. Not urbanites with no experience or even most commercial chicken farmers. It's sad really what people are missing. Little groups of chickens are awesome (although not as awesome as dogs or goats but way more awesome than cats or horses).
Gramps60

Post by Gramps60 »

Goats are great little pets but the tendency to eat every tree might just be more than you want. From experience they love cedars cleaned mine 6 ft. up they looked silly without their bottoms.
Your right chickens are a non-issue but the question has been asked and should be answered
SimonShaw
Fledgling

Post by SimonShaw »

I grew up with chickens in our yard... in a small town, where many people had chickens in their yard. It seemed to work fine there... why not in kelowna! I support yard chickens, I would like to have some myself.
beachwear
Fledgling

Post by beachwear »

I love this thread. We've got Gramps, Grandma Freddy, Simon, the "other" Mayoral Candidate. Could be the surprise issue of the election.

Cal
richardtaylor1973

Post by richardtaylor1973 »

Simon... not sure the graphic in your footer is big enough ;-)

Seriously though - respect the 'anti lawn sign' petition. Did you know that at the last election a certain candidate (who is running again this time) was spotted jackhammering a concrete meridian in order to erect a sign.

And on the subject of Backyard Chickens. I love it. But let's not let it crowd the more important issues we have.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

This thread is about backyard chickens. Is this your way of deflecting the issue?
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

SimonShaw wrote:I grew up with chickens in our yard... in a small town, where many people had chickens in their yard. It seemed to work fine there... why not in kelowna! I support yard chickens, I would like to have some myself.

Simon - did you respond to the email you were sent? I could c&p your comment from here if that is your preference.
__________________________________________________________________________________________

SimonShaw
Fledgling

Post by SimonShaw »

grammafreddy wrote:Simon - did you respond to the email you were sent? I could c&p your comment from here if that is your preference.

I looked through my inbox the other day, but I couldn't find the email to reply to. feel free to use this post.
SimonShaw
Fledgling

Post by SimonShaw »

richardtaylor1973 wrote:Simon... not sure the graphic in your footer is big enough ;-)

i here ya... even digital signs can be annoying... but at least no petroleum was used to produce my ad... well ok, there was some petroleum based products in my designers MAC... but hey nobody's perfect :)
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

OK - the Kelowna Kluckers Electoral Chicken Poll is now updated.

http://kelownakluckers.com/viewtopic.ph ... p=128#p128

wthwyt
Lord of the Board

Post by wthwyt »

grammafreddy wrote:OK - the Kelowna Kluckers Electoral Chicken Poll is now updated.

Let me guess GF your chief Kluck.
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

WTHWYT wrote:
grammafreddy wrote:OK - the Kelowna Kluckers Electoral Chicken Poll is now updated.

Let me guess GF your chief Kluck.

:sunshine: One of them.

Pookybear
Übergod

Post by Pookybear »

calcondy wrote:I love this thread. We've got Gramps, Grandma Freddy, Simon, the "other" Mayoral Candidate. Could be the surprise issue of the election.

Cal

Love it! You guys are making my voting decisions so much easier. Thank-you.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

somewhere, Wile E. Coyote is monitoring this thread in his lair and rubbing his paws together with delight.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson

Return to “C.E. Kelowna”