Councillors Missing Meetings & Being Late

normaM
The Pilgrim

Re: Councillors Missing Meetings & Being Late

Post by normaM »

IlluminatiDunce wrote:In missing and being late for over 30% of the meetings, Craig and Blanleil just show that they don't have to be there to do a great job. My tiny mind can't fathom how great a job they'd do if they never showed up, but I do know they'd still earn every cent of their government salaries.

Question does anyone know the term for giving people public funds for not being at work? What is that darn word, Wel-...Welf-... Jeez it's on the tip of my tongue.

I for one am enjoying your sense of humor. Be prepared.. reads like the mob will soon be at your door with pitchforks and fire!
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
Mtn Biker
Übergod

Post by Mtn Biker »

grammafreddy wrote:
Mtn Biker wrote:
grammafreddy wrote:I agree it is time for Blanleil to go. He has been there so long he has his own little empire on staff. Time to get rid of the empires at City Hall.

Can't agree more. Can he take Ron Mattiussi with him when he goes. That guy is more often than not the oil in the bucket of water.

It's time for Mattiussi to go, too. He is a large part of the problems at City Hall IMO. Behind the scenes, he does a lot of damage and controls far too much to make things go the way he wants them.

This is so true. I am not expert on this, but I have heard from good sources that it was Mattiussi that through the whole monkey wrench into the proposed plans for City Green, which costed a number of developers a lot of money, and made council and the city look bad in the process. Also I heard his salary is in excess of $300K . . . that's a joke too. Time for this guy to go or wise up.
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

EdCase wrote:What I expect is for them to at least show up for meetings and other duties they have. Collectively we are paying them close to a quarter million dollars and we have a right to expect them to fully meet their obligations.

Expectations are a funny thing.

Everyone has different ones.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
IlluminatiDunce

Post by IlluminatiDunce »

Yes Captain Awesome, it's like how there are companies that fire people for not showing up 30% of the time, and then there are those companies that go out of business.... Wait that's nothing like what you said.

Expectations are funny.

Everyone has different ones, and those people with such ridiculous low expectations in choosing people to lead multi-million dollar corporations are wrong.

But Captain vote for me, I'm better than Criag and Blanleil, I won't show up at all, I'm that good.
IlluminatiDunce

I love how some in recommending who should be on council refer to how Kelowna is a $100 million corporation, but then when it comes to Criag and Blanleil missing and being late for over 30% of the meetings excuse it because it's just a rinky-dinky council. It's either a $100 million corporation and these two get fired or it's a rinky-dinky council and they should get fired. It's not even black or white, it's black or black, and black is fired.
Benzi

Post by Benzi »

Why do keep electing Andre Blanleil? This guy has some nerve :dyinglaughing: If he has missed or been late over 50% of the time, why doe he still take 100% of the pay?
I have never ever seem him working for free in the community ever. I see Micthel Rule and Charlie Hodge all the time working at various events on the weekends.
IlluminatiDunce

I really respect Criag and Blanleil, they know what is best for Kelowna and that involves them not being at council meetings. Believe me, I've heard both of them speak, they're doing us all a favour in not being there.

Over 30% late and missed council meetings... You gotta be $%#&ing kidding me.
IlluminatiDunce

Blanleil & Craig missing & late for over 30% of their meetings, how has this not made the news?
Gramps60

Post by Gramps60 »

IlluminatiDunce wrote:Image

Brought forward to remind people/
Evan
Board Meister

Post by Evan »

I can understand the frustration, but Kevin Craig not only attends school, but he also has a job, on top of City Council.

Now im not trying to condone the lates, or absences, but it happens. He does a very good job, and brings a young voice to council.
To be inspired.
KelownaGuy19

Post by KelownaGuy19 »

I asled Kevin Craig about his late record, being that it's something I was concerned with.

His reply was this:

"Because of work & school on top of Council, I often schedule meetings with constituents or staff before council meetings. Those can run overtime, so I was 2-5 minutes late for quite a few meetings."
IlluminatiDunce

2 minutes late does not qualify a late for the council meetings. In any other job Kenin And Andre would be fired, same should be with this. If they cant hack it because of school orbusiness then its not for them.
001TT

Post by 001TT »

IlluminatiDunce wrote:Our councillors don't get paid, if they did they wouldn't be late and miss over 30% of the meetings. I know they wouldn't collect their pay cheques if they were late and missed that many meetings, they do have principles.

You need a sarcasm font.
001TT

Post by 001TT »

Chris Brown 66 wrote:I would love to see a council made up of Sharon Sheppard, Mary-Ann Graham[b], Michelle Rule, [b]Charlie Hodge, Bobby Kenedy, Luke StackGraham James,Shane Herrington,Robert Hobson. I have dealt with a number of these people and when ever they have given me a time that they would be somewhere or I have given a time they have been there. A good diverse council from all areas of Kelowna. With both gender and age equality.

Seriously, you appear to be spamming the forums with this same message.....
search.php?author_id=139882&sr=posts
001TT

Post by 001TT »

IlluminatiDunce wrote:I love how some in recommending who should be on council refer to how Kelowna is a $100 million corporation, but then when it comes to Criag and Blanleil missing and being late for over 30% of the meetings excuse it because it's just a rinky-dinky council. It's either a $100 million corporation and these two get fired or it's a rinky-dinky council and they should get fired. It's not even black or white, it's black or black, and black is fired.

Were they sick or something? Just curious

Return to “C.E. Kelowna”