Where is Dan Ashton?

southy
Lord of the Board

Where is Dan Ashton?

Post by southy »

Is this a new political strategy by Dan Ashton ... say nothing and nobody can question? Why is Dan being so quiet? Maybe he thinks he's got it wrapped up? Any thoughts out there?
XT225
Lord of the Board

Re: Where is Dan Ashton?

Post by XT225 »

southy wrote:Is this a new political strategy by Dan Ashton ... say nothing and nobody can question? Why is Dan being so quiet? Maybe he thinks he's got it wrapped up? Any thoughts out there?

Does anyone really care? I don't, personally. He isn't on my list this year. Voted him to take the first ferry off the Island. His "record" is not one that I liked.
Jamesie
Fledgling

Post by Jamesie »

southy wrote:Is this a new political strategy by Dan Ashton ... say nothing and nobody can question? Why is Dan being so quiet? Maybe he thinks he's got it wrapped up? Any thoughts out there?

Expect a big splash in the last week of the campaign, with some favourable and prominent coverage in the Herald, maybe he'll throw in an ad or two, or maybe the chamber will. Would not be surprised if our ever politicized chamber published a slate of candidates to vote for. And maybe, maybe, if they're operators enough, Dannyboy or Bill or Rick have a little present up their sleeves that could be announced towards the end of the campaign, something that they would somehow allow current mayor and council to take some of the credit for. Sorry about being so cynical, following politics in this town has done that to me.
Giants Head
Fledgling

Post by Giants Head »

You will see Dan this week as the big announcement about the Hockey School dormitory and commercial building gets announced. The hockey school is starting construction on Monday on a seven story building on Eckhardt Ave where the SOEC overflow parking lot is located. The security fence went up on Friday. This was city owned property so some deal must of been brokered behind the scenes about the sale of the site. This is good news for Penticton and all the incumbants will be wanting to take credit for the new construction and bussiness opportunity that it will bring.
southy
Lord of the Board

Post by southy »

Not to take away from a good news story and this is, however, I see only two people fighting to take credit for this development moving forward. Dan and Andrew. Seriously though this is good news for Penticton and congratulations to all involved with the OHS.
Ferris_Bueller

Post by Ferris_Bueller »

Giants Head wrote:You will see Dan this week as the big announcement about the Hockey School dormitory and commercial building gets announced. The hockey school is starting construction on Monday on a seven story building on Eckhardt Ave where the SOEC overflow parking lot is located. The security fence went up on Friday. This was city owned property so some deal must of been brokered behind the scenes about the sale of the site. This is good news for Penticton and all the incumbants will be wanting to take credit for the new construction and bussiness opportunity that it will bring.

Re: City owned property... might be leased from the City? Can't see the City selling off assets in a down market.
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

Ferris_Bueller wrote:
Giants Head wrote:You will see Dan this week as the big announcement about the Hockey School dormitory and commercial building gets announced. The hockey school is starting construction on Monday on a seven story building on Eckhardt Ave where the SOEC overflow parking lot is located. The security fence went up on Friday. This was city owned property so some deal must of been brokered behind the scenes about the sale of the site. This is good news for Penticton and all the incumbants will be wanting to take credit for the new construction and bussiness opportunity that it will bring.

Re: City owned property... might be leased from the City? Can't see the City selling off assets in a down market.

Or normal pricing after an inflated market?
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
Stellerjay
Fledgling

Post by Stellerjay »

I'm voting him out and everyone who is currently sitting on council.
XT225
Lord of the Board

Post by XT225 »

Stellerjay wrote:I'm voting him out and everyone who is currently sitting on council.

Totally agree, Stellerjay. They are ALL on their way out, November 19th.
D.A. had the nerve in todays paper to bring up that dumb decision of councils re the tax decrease for 2011 and that we were the ONLY municipality to see a decrease. That went totally against the advice of the finance dept and was an obvious attempt at buying votes but I believe it will backfire on them. People aren't stupid and we aren't in a position of wealth in this city; and need to pay DOWN debt. Just ask Slumpy who keeps bringing up this projected 2 million dollar deficit for 2012; its likely true. I also agree with her re breaking away from the RDOS to save money. There isn't one present council member that I will vote for this time around.
southy
Lord of the Board

Post by southy »

Found him! I was watching CHBC News tonight and low and behold there was Dan. He was at a Legion ceremony with regard to Remembrance Day. At least he's going after the right demographic in this market.
Ferris_Bueller

Post by Ferris_Bueller »

You have to wonder about the sanity of anyone that would desire to get involved in politics in the middle of the 2nd Great Depression... Keep Dan in there and see how he does on the upswing... assuming there IS an upswing.
XT225
Lord of the Board

Post by XT225 »

southy wrote:Found him! I was watching CHBC News tonight and low and behold there was Dan. He was at a Legion ceremony with regard to Remembrance Day. At least he's going after the right demographic in this market.

I wonder who decided that it should be D.A. to get that first poppy. Must be still a couple of Ashton supporters in the area but I thought that they had all jumped ship. I think it will come down to a two-way race between Katie and Julius and Dan's car won't have any fuel to even get started. His term is up; time for new direction at the top.
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

XT225 wrote:
southy wrote:Found him! I was watching CHBC News tonight and low and behold there was Dan. He was at a Legion ceremony with regard to Remembrance Day. At least he's going after the right demographic in this market.

I wonder who decided that it should be D.A. to get that first poppy. Must be still a couple of Ashton supporters in the area but I thought that they had all jumped ship. I think it will come down to a two-way race between Katie and Julius and Dan's car won't have any fuel to even get started. His term is up; time for new direction at the top.

XT, if you were considering a carreer in fortune telling, I would hang onto that day job if I were you.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
southy
Lord of the Board

Post by southy »

Hey GIANTS HEAD ... when can we expect this big announcement from OHS? Haven't seen or heard anything yet.
southy
Lord of the Board

Post by southy »

Gee, almost a week has gone by now without a word or photo from DA. When is he going to make his pitch? All candidates forum? Wouldn't it be nice if Dan showed up on this site? I'd love to hear his take on whats really going on in city hall and in Penticton. Oh almost forgot and the RDOS.

Return to “C.E. Penticton”