The return of Mark Ziebarth

beam-me-up-morrison

The return of Mark Ziebarth

Post by beam-me-up-morrison »

Remember Mark Ziebarth? He's the guy who used to own Baungard Media in Penticton. He jetted in from the States where he was a huge Republican, right-wing leaning guy who admired Ann Coulter. Ziebarth played a role in Dan Albas's campaign (although Albas really didn't need any help) and he sucks around the B.C. Liberals as well.
Remember the Citizens Committee which ran newspaper ads and hand bills saying to vote for Perrino and these six candidates (all won by the way)? A police invesitgation followed and the Vancouver Sun referred to Summerland as "a banana republic". Ziebarth later admitted it was all he on his own.
Well, HE'S BACK.
According to today's Herald, there's a committee which is working with the new council to get business going. Er, great. So they wait for four weeks before an election. And who is this committee? At least something like the Rotary Club (very politically motivated), Legion, SADI, etc. has an elected board of directors and you need to apply for membership, pay dues, etc.
Who is on this committee: Patrick Murphy (remember Pat? land developer who purchased Rattlesnake Mountain when it wasn't zoned for housing, then convinces this new council to change its zoning), Robin Agur, Maged Said, Arlene Fenrich, Ziebart, Mike Stohler and Connie Denesiuk, the latter who makes no bones about wanting Bill Barisoff's job.
They'll be contacting council and school board candidates.
With Denesiuk there, she's going to push for her best buddy Linda Van Alphen.
Anyhow, good on these people for being interested but Summerland voters DONT BE FOOLED TWICE.
Make your own decisions. Do your own research. Just because these supposed intelligent voters are telling us who to vote for, we don't need to listen to them.
There's plenty of good candidates and newcomers on the ballot.
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Re: The return of Mark Ziebarth

Post by fluffy »

Well, I for one haven't forgotten the video coverage of the council meeting where the Editor of the Herald asked some pointed questions and was met with a series of clumsy quasi-denials and half admissions from then Acting Mayor Gordon Clark. I couldn't drop the feeling all the way through that fiasco that there was some serious back-room damage control in play.
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
beam-me-up-morrison

Re: The return of Mark Ziebarth

Post by beam-me-up-morrison »

Ya, they threw poor old Gillian Matthews out in front of the bus
For Ziebarth to say "I'm poking fun at..." was absolutely offensive.
Veterans died for the right for our citizens to be allowed to vote.

Return to “C.E. Summerland”