Shaw: raised a hippie, rebelled to become an accountant

SimonShaw
Fledgling

Shaw: raised a hippie, rebelled to become an accountant

Post by SimonShaw »

More about Simon Shaw:

I was raised a vegetarian hippie, and 'rebelled' to become an omnivore Chartered Accountant. I grew up poor with goats, chickens and a large garden in our yard. Instead of allowance I collected bottles and worked odd jobs to contribute to the family budget. We heated our home with wood that my father and I gathered from the forest.

I moved out at 17 and have supported myself and family 100% since that day. I have never received a hand out from anyone or even received money from my parents. I put myself through University working four jobs and taking a course overload in my last year, and still pulled off an A minus average over my four years at Carleton University.

I have been self employed most of my life starting my first business at six years old with a very profitable lemonade stand at the Kootenay Bay ferry landing on Kootenay lake.

I have a very strong work ethic and I am a creative leader that knows how to work well with a team and make decisions to get the job done.

Please check out my website: http://simonshaw.ca
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Re: Shaw: raised a hippie, rebelled to become an accountant

Post by Captain Awesome »

I wish every candidate got a dedicated thread to post in instead of starting numerous "Look at me!" topics.

:spamcan:
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.

Return to “C.E. Kelowna”