School Trustees

beam-me-up-morrison

Re: School Trustees

Post by beam-me-up-morrison »

Good morning everyone.
Sue me if you want but I believe our politicians need to be, er SMART. Thus meaning well-educated, hold down good professions, etc. And yes, I know, sometimes somebody can be extremely bright but didn't have the financial or parental backing to be able to go to school.
With that said, that's why I lean towards guys like Cary Schneiderat (law school grad); Bruce Johnson (high school principal) and Tom Siddon, which is a shame that he's not running again. Even Siddon's harshest critics will agree that he's extremely intelligent.
Kevin Andrews, gosh, poor Kevin. He's run for everything. Mayor of Keremeos, City Council, School Board, sometimes two things in the same year. It's kind of funny. He was on the ballot in 2005 when he was "elected". There were five candidates vying for four spots. A wonderful man by the name of KEITH LINDSTROM (whose late wife wrote a whopper of a letter to The Herald on double-dipping and why it's bad... she and other teachers are denied being allowed to work in retirement yet Doi and Stigant may) had to drop out because shortly after the ballots were printed, Keith got a "you have only a short time to live" report from his doctor. He apologized for dropping out. Hence there were four candidates so ANDREWS and WALTER HUEBERT got on by acclamation.
Walter, why he didn't run in 2008 was he was defeated. There were 16 going for four spots, he was fifth, Tracy St. Claire sixth.
I was somewhat critical in an earlier posting of Walter. Let's just put it this way, ask anybody who had him as a teacher what they thought. Draw your conclusions from that response.
okanagansoftware

Post by okanagansoftware »

The PAC mom comment is offensive.
From someone that knows St. Claire:
"She is a highly trained negotiator and I think someone like that is needed in a board situation"

Also, in my home town a "pac" mom made it all the way to the top of the school board in Alberta and made some really positive changes.

That said, I still think what's best is a good mix of different personality types.
Jamesie
Fledgling

Post by Jamesie »

Conny Denesiuk, who now wants our MLA position was on the school board for ages, made it to be the chairperson of the BC school trustees federation or whatever it is called, anyway, the top school trustee in BC. She basically started out as a 'PAC mom' (and did not move far from those roots either, she is not highly educated or anything, just a very good political operator and Alpha-woman), but what I'm trying to say is: being a so-called 'PAC-mom' is in no way an obstacle to being successful in the snake pit of school board politics.
beam-me-up-morrison

Post by beam-me-up-morrison »

Michelle Bachman, one of the front-runners for the Republican nomination was first elected to office on..... the school board.

Return to “C.E. Penticton”