City Staff Reviews

beachwear
Fledgling

City Staff Reviews

Post by beachwear »

Kelowna City Staff are employees of the People of Kelowna. Therefore it's only fair that the people of Kelowna have a thorough accounting of who is being paid how much, and what is their job performance record. As new Mayor, one of my first orders of business will be to conduct a thorough job review of all City employees.

The two Key considerations will be:

1. Rate of Pay. Is it truly equivalent to the private sector?

2. Job performance.

I will carefully consider the results of this "Job Review" and then take the appropriate actions allowed to me under the Local Government Act and the Community Charter to ensure that the Citizens of Kelowna are recieving fair value for their tax dollars.

Cal Condy
Mayoral Candidate
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Re: City Staff Reviews

Post by Rwede »

calcondy wrote:Kelowna City Staff are employees of the People of Kelowna. Therefore it's only fair that the people of Kelowna have a thorough accounting of who is being paid how much, and what is their job performance record. As new Mayor, one of my first orders of business will be to conduct a thorough job review of all City employees.

2. Job performance.

I will carefully consider the results of this "Job Review" and then take the appropriate actions allowed to me under the Local Government Act and the Community Charter to ensure that the Citizens of Kelowna are recieving fair value for their tax dollars.

Cal Condy
Mayoral Candidate

Do you understand the ramifications of constructive dismissal?
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

calcondy wrote:Kelowna City Staff are employees of the People of Kelowna. Therefore it's only fair that the people of Kelowna have a thorough accounting of who is being paid how much, and what is their job performance record. As new Mayor, one of my first orders of business will be to conduct a thorough job review of all City employees.

2. Job performance.

Cal Condy
Mayoral Candidate

Something he missed something very important in my view "Accountable".

It appears there is no accountability within this City. If you ever have a issue with the City, it is like a hot potato and no-one is accountable. My issue was under the By-law, I had five people tell me it was civil. No how's that for not being held accountable!!
wilde

Post by wilde »

One thing is clear and that is that every employee should be aware of what the "standards of performance" are.
One can never judge performance without a clear understanding of what is expected of a person. Without those standards all we have is a warm fuzzy group of individuals who live off their happiness with each other. The folks they serve become irrelevant.
It's like not having to worry if you are lost, when you don't know were you are going when you start out!
sierra

Post by sierra »

Most non-management positions within the City of Kelowna are all well below what other cities are paying. West Kelowna pays $5 more/hour for most positions I have seen posted. I think all management/foreman positions within the City of Kelowna be reviewed to see if these people are actually competent and educated to do their position. I know the answers to these, now you let me know how your potential investigation goes.

Return to “C.E. Kelowna”