Re-Electing Mayors

twobits
Guru

Re: Re-Electing Mayors

Post by twobits »

Didn't say I liked any of those candidates or would vote for them. Just a prediction. You might be right about Cox now that I think about it more. I like Frank too. A quiet thinker unlike his brother Dave......just not so sure about his chances though.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
DblDwn11
Fledgling

Post by DblDwn11 »

I have been reading all the responses to this forum and the others.

One thing that sticks out to me is the short memory some people's post's display. This City was on the path to total destruction three short years ago. Jake Kimberley left quite a legacy. We had spending out of control, SOEC leeching money, $18/hour PT parks staff.(really?) and a world economy not doing us any favours. This Mayor and council took charge and ownership of these issues and have made some difficult decisions to turn things around. We now have a plan and have made progress.

My point is this. You may not like some (or even all) of the decisions made by Mayor but I can tell you this without reservation.

KR & JB are not qualified to be Mayor of Penticton. Neither of them have any experience dealing with issues this complex.

Voting for KR or JB would be a massive mistake and would end up costing our city any momentum we have to get out of this rut. We still have serious issues and we need experienced people to deal with them.

A rookie Mayor would only make things worse, in my opinion.

One thing would be a sure bet though.

We would be back here, hating the Mayor and blaming him/her for our lot in life.
clouseau

Post by clouseau »

Jamesie wrote:
xyz wrote: It's common knowledge that there were serious in house power struggles and they were not getting the job done! Isn't it ironic that two of the most guilty are running in this election, one for council and the other for the school board?

You mean Jason Cox and Cary Schneiderat, right? These were the guys that caused the mess at the chamber...?

Exactly. Under the “leadership” of these two they have caused the Chamber to lose major revenue with the loss of these contracts and also caused the chamber to lose credibility in the process. Worse is that they will not even step down from the Chamber of Commerce executive while they pursue their self serving political campaigns.

And far from being graceful in the contract loss you can see the bitterness from Schneiderat in his twitter feed spouting venom against the City. Perhaps he should have run for council instead as that seems to be where his motives are at.....

http://twitter.com/#!/caryschneiderat
Jamesie
Fledgling

Post by Jamesie »

clouseau wrote:And far from being graceful in the contract loss you can see the bitterness from Schneiderat in his twitter feed spouting venom against the City. Perhaps he should have run for council instead as that seems to be where his motives are at.....

He is Mike Pearce's law partner. They probably decided between them that it would be too much for the people of Penticton to have them both on council. He is just getting his name out there ready for a council run when Mike Pearce steps out in three years time or sooner (well-timed by-election in the works maybe?). He has never displayed any interest in the running of schools and school board before. This is clearly a political move aimed at council chambers (or other) later. How many of these trumped up little local operators are eyeing future provincial or federal positions? 'If Albas can make it to Ottawa, anyone can' they must be thinking, we know Jason Cox is.
clouseau

Post by clouseau »

Jamesie wrote:
clouseau wrote:And far from being graceful in the contract loss you can see the bitterness from Schneiderat in his twitter feed spouting venom against the City. Perhaps he should have run for council instead as that seems to be where his motives are at.....

He is Mike Pearce's law partner. They probably decided between them that it would be too much for the people of Penticton to have them both on council. He is just getting his name out there ready for a council run when Mike Pearce steps out in three years time or sooner (well-timed by-election in the works maybe?). He has never displayed any interest in the running of schools and school board before. This is clearly a political move aimed at council chambers (or other) later. How many of these trumped up little local operators are eyeing future provincial or federal positions? 'If Albas can make it to Ottawa, anyone can' they must be thinking, we know Jason Cox is.

You nailed it Jamesie.

Return to “C.E. Penticton”