Colin Basran
Gail Given
Carol Gran
Gerry Zimmermann
Logitack
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Four Change makes their picks

Post by Logitack »

notice four change didnt go into ANY detail on HOW they decided on these 4 other than saying they used the 6 questions they gave to all candidates. what was the criteria used by four change? why wont they tell how they used the point system? what were the 4 top criterion used to narrow down the choices from 41 to 4?

none of these 4 will get my vote now. basran and given were under consideration, but not any more.
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

None of their pics were on my list of "possibles" because they either have not responded to the Backyard Chicken question or do not support people having chickens in town. Some of them were quite "snobby" in their responses, too. I don't support snobbery.

Being "the favoured eight" could work against these people, too.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
Logitack
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Logitack »

gran's attendance history was obviously not high on the priorty criteria used by 4change. was that an anomaly?
IlluminatiDunce

Post by IlluminatiDunce »

Gran's and Blanleil's attendance is beyondreproach, and I think it's great Fourchange deleted Basran's response to their question of "How Long have you lived in Kelowna?" from his questionnaire, really above board
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

IlluminatiDunce wrote:Gran's and Blanleil's attendance is beyondreproach, and I think it's great Fourchange deleted Basran's response to their question of "How Long have you lived in Kelowna?" from his questionnaire, really above board

Nice sarcasm on all points made. :D
__________________________________________________________________________________________

IlluminatiDunce

It's no surprise though, they're called FourChange, changing questionnaires to mislead the public is their deceitful bread and dishonest butter
Mtn Biker
Übergod

Post by Mtn Biker »

SimonShaw wrote:Four Change has made their selections:

Colin Basran
Gail Given
Carol Gran
Gerry Zimmermann

Ya . . . so what? Is the election today? This group has done nothing but change their position on a weekly basis. I like Colin, and it has nothing to do with Fourchange'n-our-minds-weekly either. The other three won't be getting my vote.
Gilchy
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Gilchy »

Mtn Biker wrote:

Ya . . . so what? Is the election today? This group has done nothing but change their position on a weekly basis. I like Colin, and it has nothing to do with Fourchange'n-our-minds-weekly either. The other three won't be getting my vote.

Where have they "changed their position" before?
IlluminatiDunce

Gilchy, you're right bro, lying to people by telling them to read the questionnaires FourChange edited is honest. Does Basran live in Kelowna? No, well delete it because it would be very bad press. Honesty, oh honesty, thy nameis FourChange. I love you FourChange
PDT
Fledgling

Post by PDT »

IlluminatiDunce wrote:and I think it's great Fourchange deleted Basran's response to their question of "How Long have you lived in Kelowna?" from his questionnaire, really above board

Proof they deleted it? Perhaps Basran didn't respond to that question and explained himself in the last part:
Basran, Colin - Questionnaire Responses
Born and raised in Kelowna. One of the first Indo Canadian Families in Kelowna (1907). Married father of a one year old daughter. Realtor with Royal Lepage Kelowna and former news reporter with CHBC Television.

I'm also sure the candidates would be very upset if their responses were edited and would mention it.
IlluminatiDunce

The proof is the question and response isn't there and they wouldn't delete bad information from candidates they didn't want. It's pretty clear FourChange is hiding the fact they are supporting someone who doesnt live here and they know thats a negative, they sure didn't hide any good stuff
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

Colin Basran was never in question as whether he would be picked or not - of course HE would be one of their choices. He works for one of the steering committee members of FourChange ...

Steering Committee

Francis Braam Owner/Managing Broker of Royal LePage Kelowna (1999 to present); Director of Okanagan Mainline Real Estate Board; Past President of Kelowna Jaycees, Coach of Kelowna Minor Hockey; Coach of Kelowna Minor Basketball.

IlluminatiDunce

Nooo, FourChange is a legitimate organization that is completely transparent. I cannot believe a bunch of people are prone to political manipulation, this would be the first time in Canadian history.
EdCase
Board Meister

Post by EdCase »

I have already made most of my picks and they do include 3 of the FourChange candidates; one incumbent, Luke Stack and two new candidates, Colin Basran and Gail Given. I'm not thrilled with their endorsement by this group but I think these candidates have more than enough integrity to be their own people and not be beholden to a political influence group.

I never could have supported Gran or Zimmerman as, for different reasons, I do not think they will make good councillors. Gran's past performance in terms of attendance and attitude speak for themselves. Zimmerman is there mainly for name recognition and I do not believe the skills required for command & control in emergency situations translate into good analysis and decision making at council: Gerry would be too 'load-fire-aim'. Both are also too old and I say this as a senior citizen: we need a more dynamic and youthful council.

I will also be supporting Michelle Rule as the only other incumbent: she has impressed me with her work ethic, willingness to listen and balanced approach. I think both she and Luke Stack could be excellent candidates for Mayor in the future.

I'm looking at Shaw or Kennedy to add one more youthful but thoughtful voice to council.

As to the other incumbents, for a variety of reasons they should all go.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane
Marcus Aurelius

Return to “C.E. Kelowna”