FourChange Changes What Honesty Is

IlluminatiDunce

FourChange Changes What Honesty Is

Post by IlluminatiDunce »

FourChange has told people to read the questionnaires on their site to see why they chose their four candidates, and it would be honest of them to include all the information submitted, but it is FourChange after all, and nothing can't be changed, even what honesty means.

So though all candidates were asked "How long have you lived in Kelowna?" and all candidates answered, Basran's response was somehow mysteriously missing. Why? Because he doesn't live in Kelowna and FourChange knows people wouldn't like that. So what did Honest FourChange do? Edit it, hide it. What people don't know won't influence who they vote for, so edit questionnaires, it is really change you can believe in when an organization changes what honesty and transparency mean.

I say we support FourChange and we support candidates from all across BC in Kelowna, then if more candidates are elected from another city we just move city hall there to save them fuel.
PDT
Fledgling

Re: FourChange Changes What Honesty Is

Post by PDT »

Proof?
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

OK I get it - you are peed about FourChange and you are peed that they support Colin Basran and that he doesn't live in Kelowna.

When Colin Basran works for one of the organizing committee members of FourChange, of course he is going to one of the "chosen ones". There was never any doubt about that no matter what Basran answered on the questionnaire - or didn't answer. Hell, he probably could have not answered it at all and still made their "exalted species" list.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
EdCase
Board Meister

Post by EdCase »

If FourChange did in fact edit out the information about where Colin Basran lives, that was a very dumb thing to do. Colin had already provided a perfectly good explanation of the situation and all they've done is turn it into an issue again!
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane
Marcus Aurelius
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

grammafreddy wrote:OK I get it - you are peed about FourChange and you are peed that they support Colin Basran and that he doesn't live in Kelowna.

When Colin Basran works for one of the organizing committee members of FourChange, of course he is going to one of the "chosen ones". There was never any doubt about that no matter what Basran answered on the questionnaire - or didn't answer. Hell, he probably could have not answered it at all and still made their "exalted species" list.

does he now? I am won't vote for any of their "chosen ones" I'm surprised they picked Gran
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

normaM wrote:
grammafreddy wrote:OK I get it - you are peed about FourChange and you are peed that they support Colin Basran and that he doesn't live in Kelowna.

does he now? I am won't vote for any of their "chosen ones" I'm surprised they picked Gran

I'm not. Anyone who whined about the CD21 fiasco made them a top contender.

http://fourchange.org/responses.php?id=14

Every Council has a different policy, some none at all, and I believed the figures and facts being used were suspect. Making a decision was hard, but in the process of CD21 I began to see some merit in doing it.
__________________________________________________________________________________________

Carmencat
Übergod

Post by Carmencat »

I'm not surprised that they picked Gran as she was very vocal when the new council voted down CD21. Pretty much said what members of FourChange (ie Frost) said - she was offended when the current council defeated CD21.

Same with Given who was appalled that the current council would dare to vote down CD21 when her husband worked so hard to bring it to fruition.

It is very obvious that the group is hoping to get enough people in who are proCD21 to bring it back to the table. I hope their recommendations backfire on them.
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

Sure, they are stacking their deck towards making council more to their thinking about how the big developers and all the related "money men" will get their way with the downtown development. This includes realtors, lawyers, big contractors, etc.

"Money men" means those who will make the most money out of selling off our downtown and our lake shore.

roscoe-p-coltrane

Post by roscoe-p-coltrane »

Four change manipulating honesty isn't surprising anyway, and I'm ashamed that I follow castanet any more. Mainly because they're the same entity, a news site, that i assumed was legitimate in providing unbiased okanagan news, is now using its platform to provide biased election coverage centred around four change. You think a castanet news writer would dare alienate their boss, Frost, who runs four change and castanet, with a story against any of his candidates. I'll support those candidates I agree with on issues, not those that remind me of Rupert Murdoch and his biased media empire (ie, Fox news). For shame castanet, for shame.
Carmencat
Übergod

Post by Carmencat »

I'm not too worried as I think FourChange is going to result in StayMuchTheSame. At the moment almost 84% of the nearly 1100 people who have voted on the story have voted that the story has made them angry. LOL.
Born_again
Guru

Post by Born_again »

I'm thoroughly disgusted by this fourchange crowd and what they are attempting to do to our political process --and I don't have much to do with Kelowna! Shame on you, Castanet & Co.. Vile agenda!

I hope the people of Kelowna realise that if they support this chicanery now, they may never see an (less)untainted process of politics in Kelowna ever again. One you've lost your political integrity, it's gone forever!!
Last edited by Born_again on Nov 1st, 2011, 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mastercraft69
Fledgling

Post by Mastercraft69 »

Thanks FourChange, I now know what four not to vote for!:)
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

Mastercraft69 wrote:Thanks FourChange, I now know what four not to vote for!:)

Well, I thought I had 8 to not vote for. However, one of their choices has now had a change of opinion and is on my potential "vote for" list. I really wanted to vote for Robert Hobson but his anti-chicken stance of the past, plus his endorsement by "the block" was making it impossible for me to support him - even though I felt he is excellent on council and is a good careful thinker for all of us.

Now Robert Hobson has come out publicly in favour of "the little guy" ...

http://kelownakluckers.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=81#p128

*Robert Hobson - "Thanks for the question. I am open to looking at a proposal for chickens on
smaller holdings but would expect issues to be addressed. In particular:
how to respond to neighbour opposition, how to regulate effectively(numbers,
roosters, manure removal, distance from property lines, etc)without raising
taxes. There may be some lots that are too small. By the way, I used to
think they were a bad idea but my son, who is studying agriculture in Nova
Scotia, and who has backyard chickens, has been educating me!"

Of course, this makes me wonder if "the block" will now withdraw their support for Hobson since they have come out of their penthouses and made chickens a hot topic for this election.

Benzi

Post by Benzi »

You have to be kidding. Andre wants a bunch of *bleep* kissers to report to him so he never again has to attend a Council meeting. He can just ask his *bleep* kissers for a report. This is crazy. You elect a guy that is so arragaunt he never shows up just gets paid BY US!!! And this ediot is going to tell us who to vote for?

One of his candidates does not even live here. BS if this democracy :dyinglaughing:
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

Carmencat wrote:I'm not too worried as I think FourChange is going to result in StayMuchTheSame. At the moment almost 84% of the nearly 1100 people who have voted on the story have voted that the story has made them angry. LOL.

Do you have a link to the article you are talking about?

The one up there now says different numbers ... unless Castanet is pulling a fast one and changing the numbers (but I kinda doubt they would do that).

Return to “C.E. Kelowna”