Four Change makes their picks

grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Re: Four Change makes their picks

Post by grammafreddy »

EdCase wrote:I have already made most of my picks and they do include 3 of the FourChange candidates; one incumbent, Luke Stack and two new candidates, Colin Basran and Gail Given. I'm not thrilled with their endorsement by this group but I think these candidates have more than enough integrity to be their own people and not be beholden to a political influence group.

When your boss is one of the steering committee, I think if you want to keep your job, you do what you are told. I think there's a lot of undercover stuff with some of these candidates they are supporting - I just haven't found it all out yet. I know there's a hidden connection to the developer, Milroy, too, and am still going back through my notes to find that connection.

We know who the "up front and publicly named" members are but we don't know who any of the "hidden anonymous" ones are, do we?
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
Logitack
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Logitack »

this cant be good news for fourchange, at the bottom of the news article by castanet on their endorsement announcment, those reading and then voting their preferences on this story...68.9% are ANGRY!

Capture.JPG
crookedmember
Banned

Post by crookedmember »

At least the homeless clean my windshield before they ask forchange. What do I get from THESE bums?
All posts 100% moderator approved!
George+
Walks on Forum Water

Post by George+ »

No hope the incumbents will all go.

Blanleil and Hobson will win on name recognition.
Although, at least Robert has a track record.

Zimmerman would be the only one of these I would vote for
but he clearly said he did not want the endorsement.

Though Given has some depth, it is still mainly name recognition.

I still do not see what is really wrong with Hodge, Reid, Rule or Craig.
They have defended their positions well and were supported by the majority of citizens
callotto
Fledgling

Post by callotto »

Hobson has never had a job, just a rich guy that inherited his money and likes to tell everyone else how to live.
He should stay on his waterfront orchard and keep paying 10 percent property taxes unlike the rest of us poor suckers.
Otherwise, the four endorsed candidates are good choices.
Logitack
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Logitack »

you realize 4 change has endorsed hobson too, right? by naming the other 4 they want replaced the are saying they want the other 4 to be elected.
John500
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by John500 »

Suppose 4change gets their way. What will council look like then. All in the pockets of developers and Milroy. And do not forget Milroy is a proponent of CD21 of course. So CD21 will be back on the table and voted in. Is not that the real reason for the 4change group?
yousametysam

Post by yousametysam »

Four Change has their own agenda. Just look at who makes up their group. They are all business people with ties to the Chamber of Commerce. Seriously, I'll be voting for just about anyone else than their recommendations.
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

yousametysam wrote:Four Change has their own agenda. Just look at who makes up their group. They are all business people with ties to the Chamber of Commerce. Seriously, I'll be voting for just about anyone else than their recommendations.

You know, most businesses in Kelowna can be tied to Chamber of Commerce.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
EdCase
Board Meister

Post by EdCase »

Captain Awesome wrote:
yousametysam wrote:Four Change has their own agenda. Just look at who makes up their group. They are all business people with ties to the Chamber of Commerce. Seriously, I'll be voting for just about anyone else than their recommendations.

You know, most businesses in Kelowna can be tied to Chamber of Commerce.

Actually, no. There are many of us who do not feel any affinity with the low value commercial interests represented by the Chamber.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane
Marcus Aurelius
TimmyE
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by TimmyE »

Actually as a businessman, I quit the Chamber of Commerce over their stand on the HST. They were blinded by Gordo.
TimmyE
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by TimmyE »

grammafreddy wrote:
EdCase wrote:I have already made most of my picks and they do include 3 of the FourChange candidates; one incumbent, Luke Stack and two new candidates, Colin Basran and Gail Given. I'm not thrilled with their endorsement by this group but I think these candidates have more than enough integrity to be their own people and not be beholden to a political influence group.

When your boss is one of the steering committee, I think if you want to keep your job, you do what you are told. I think there's a lot of undercover stuff with some of these candidates they are supporting - I just haven't found it all out yet. I know there's a hidden connection to the developer, Milroy, too, and am still going back through my notes to find that connection.

We know who the "up front and publicly named" members are but we don't know who any of the "hidden anonymous" ones are, do we?

I know what you are talking about. A certain big employer has made it known to their staff that they are not to be affiliated with another mayoral candidate. An employee is free to do what they want after hours and I think that is grossly unfair of the employer to push their political views on their employees. I know many people who work for this company and unfortunately, I can not deal with them or their company any more.
Carmencat
Übergod

Post by Carmencat »

I know what you are talking about. A certain big employer has made it known to their staff that they are not to be affiliated with another mayoral candidate. An employee is free to do what they want after hours and I think that is grossly unfair of the employer to push their political views on their employees. I know many people who work for this company and unfortunately, I can not deal with them or their company any more.

So can you share the name of the big employer so that those of us who choose to do not give our business to this company? Or at least PM me the name so I can make sure they don't get my business?
Logitack
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Logitack »

PM me that info too, would be interested to know....
richardtaylor1973

Post by richardtaylor1973 »

grammafreddy wrote: I know there's a hidden connection to the developer, Milroy, too, and am still going back through my notes to find that connection.

How are you doing with that one? Nothing yet?

Return to “C.E. Kelowna”