Four Change makes their picks

richardtaylor1973

Re: Four Change makes their picks

Post by richardtaylor1973 »

Logitack wrote:PM me that info too, would be interested to know....

I've noticed that staff at Astral Media are unusually quiet / unresponsive regarding election matters. Or is that usual for media at election time?
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

richardtaylor1973 wrote:
Logitack wrote:PM me that info too, would be interested to know....

I've noticed that staff at Astral Media are unusually quiet / unresponsive regarding election matters. Or is that usual for media at election time?

Phil Johnson has been doing interviews with all the wannabees. And they covered "the Big Announcement" today, too. Was there something specific you thought they should be doing?
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
richardtaylor1973

grammafreddy wrote:Phil Johnson has been doing interviews with all the wannabees. And they covered "the Big Announcement" today, too. Was there something specific you thought they should be doing?

Apologies - I should have been clearer - I meant off-air, and with more personal communications channels.

Some staff are quite active on Twitter & Facebook - with personal accounts as well as the 'official' ones. None of them seem to be saying anything about the election, despite previously showing strong allegiances.
I dunno
Fledgling

Post by I dunno »

Did someone die and leave the Four Change group in charge. As far as I am concerned, half of the four people that they didn't target don't deserve to be re-elected, let alone some of the four chosen ones.
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

OneAngryCitizen wrote:Did someone die and leave the Four Change group in charge.

Only in their own minds.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
I dunno
Fledgling

Post by I dunno »

Let's see. If I donate $100 to Four Change, then I would be supporting all four of their candidates, even though I might only like one of them. Also, it's almost like donating to a charity where you donate a buck and hopefully the child at the other end gets at least ten cents.

No thanks, I will donate directly to my candidates.
Ub2
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Ub2 »

Carmencat wrote:
I know what you are talking about. A certain big employer has made it known to their staff that they are not to be affiliated with another mayoral candidate. An employee is free to do what they want after hours and I think that is grossly unfair of the employer to push their political views on their employees. I know many people who work for this company and unfortunately, I can not deal with them or their company any more.

So can you share the name of the big employer so that those of us who choose to do not give our business to this company? Or at least PM me the name so I can make sure they don't get my business?

I would be interested also.
Last edited by Ub2 on Nov 2nd, 2011, 2:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
richardtaylor1973

Logitack wrote:by naming the other 4 they want replaced the are saying they want the other 4 to be elected.

I called them out on 'starting a negative campaign by naming the 4 they wanted ousted before anything else'.

They told me that was not the case. So I went through announcements and reports and they were correct. (And trust me, I HATE being proved wrong).

They've never actually said they want Reid, Rule, Craig & Hodge gone - that part was added by our good friends at the Capital News.

Although it's not difficult to do the math. Particularly given their name. :-)
I dunno
Fledgling

Post by I dunno »

Why is Four Change quiet on the mayor's race, or do they think that Sharon is the right one. As far as I am concerned, leadership comes from the top and as long as she is our leader, we are in big trouble. That's not to say Walter is our saviour. I'm having a REAL tough time with the Mayor's choice.
richardtaylor1973

OneAngryCitizen wrote:Why is Four Change quiet on the mayor's race.

My guess would be:

3 unqualified candidates.

1 incumbent that is not seen to have lead council well.

1 former incumbent, that is seen to have alienated a good portion of the community with his human rights tribunal issue.
econovan64
Übergod

Post by econovan64 »

Craig showed his true colours when he flip flopped on CD21. He is not a man of his word, and therefore not a man, he's a boy, a boy who is often late. Goodbye late little boy.
"Granddaddy used to handle snakes in church. Granny drank strychnine. I guess you could say I had a leg up, genetically speaking." Wesley Strick
econovan64
Übergod

Post by econovan64 »

Fore Change has four candidates for hire.
"Granddaddy used to handle snakes in church. Granny drank strychnine. I guess you could say I had a leg up, genetically speaking." Wesley Strick
EdCase
Board Meister

Post by EdCase »

TimmyE wrote:]I know what you are talking about. A certain big employer has made it known to their staff that they are not to be affiliated with another mayoral candidate. An employee is free to do what they want after hours and I think that is grossly unfair of the employer to push their political views on their employees. I know many people who work for this company and unfortunately, I can not deal with them or their company any more.

Not only unfair, but illegal
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane
Marcus Aurelius
TimmyE
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by TimmyE »

That business knows who they are and with that many employees, their name is bound to come out.
SimonShaw
Fledgling

Post by SimonShaw »

Note: other than the questionnaire, I was never contacted further by Four Change.

Many people thought I was part of Four Change or that I would be a likely choice. Thankfully this is not the case.

Return to “C.E. Kelowna”