Four Change makes their picks

Takin it easy !
Übergod

Re: Four Change makes their picks

Post by Takin it easy ! »

If you want to help narrow the division between Kelowna royalty and everyone else then you must take a good look at the people "FourDeepockets" has endorsed.
Having delt with one of the organizers on a professional level and being a victim of deception and lies I can only wonder what the rest of the steering founders traits are.

I have also had the oppertunity to meet one of the chosen 4 no name needs to be mentioned as I am not about smeering any particular individual but would rather look at the make up of the type of persons running the show and being endorsed by them.

This particular individual (if first impressions mean anything) came across as snooty and arrogant and very self serving.
Old Kelowna family and old Kelowna money.
I am positive that the picks and endorsements come with a price tag and the term puppet keeps popping into my mind.
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

I don't see why people are so angry about that group . . . they have no power at all. They are irrelevant and I will not comply. I will research the candidates, and I will vote for whom I decide, regardless of their suggestions.
I haven't failed until I quit.
EdCase
Board Meister

Post by EdCase »

Lady tehMa wrote:I don't see why people are so angry about that group . . . they have no power at all. They are irrelevant and I will not comply. I will research the candidates, and I will vote for whom I decide, regardless of their suggestions.

Would that were true Lady!

Astroturf organizations - as in phoney grass roots - are a relatively new and dangerous addition to the political scene: see the definition:

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astroturfing

The ultimate example of an Astroturf is the US Tea Party - supposedly grass roots but massively financed by the Koch brothers and some other very unsavoury characters.

I'm very upset to see this style of politics introduced in local politics by FourChange: do not underestimate their influence. You & others on this forum are more likely to do your own research and make your own decisions but they are relying on the sheeple who can be easily manipulated by their tactics.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane
Marcus Aurelius
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

Would this be any different from the unions and BC Federation of Labour endorsing NDP candidates, and giving them millions in contributions? Does union support of political parties influence your vote?
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
EdCase
Board Meister

Post by EdCase »

RichardWede wrote:Would this be any different from the unions and BC Federation of Labour endorsing NDP candidates, and giving them millions in contributions? Does union support of political parties influence your vote?

I make up my own mind who to vote for based on my view of the issues and the candidates who I believe are best suited to deal with them: I do not need an influence group of any kind to tell me how to vote.

One big difference between a union and an Astroturf is that the former are quite transparent as to who they are, their aims and their political agenda. The Astroturf talks about being 'grass-roots' and talking for the community when they are anything but. The US Tea Party is the ultimate Astroturf.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane
Marcus Aurelius
Logitack
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Logitack »

hmmmmmm.... this just in on twitter... sure, why not, lets have another group do endorsements! :127:

Capture.JPG
Takin it easy !
Übergod

Logitack wrote:hmmmmmm.... this just in on twitter... sure, why not, lets have another group do endorsements! :127:

Capture.JPG
Let me put my "Think"ing cap on here is the think part of that tweet anything to do with Think marketing or whatever they are called ?
And isnt the owner of that company a chap with a (big) connection to Nick Frost just asking ?
Logitack
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Logitack »

dunno takin... guess thinkpad is working for this group

Capture2.JPG
gordon_as
Lord of the Board

Post by gordon_as »

I'll bet it's the chicken people.
Last edited by gordon_as on Nov 2nd, 2011, 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Takin it easy !
Übergod

Logitack wrote:dunno takin... guess thinkpad is working for this group

Capture2.JPG
Hmmmmmmm ? the plot thinkens sorry thickens :dyinglaughing:
George+
Walks on Forum Water

Post by George+ »

Could be just a bunch of dumb clucks?? :dyinglaughing:
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

gordon_as wrote:I'll bet it's the chicken people.

Nope. I don't tweet as a chicken.

Don't know who it is.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
marvin gardens
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by marvin gardens »

Well, the official announcement has been made by Four Change. Certainly any group can choose their preferences but make no mistake about where they stand, and the fact they lack credibility.Why? they also state who on the present council they want defeated.
Gary Zimmerman, nice guy; retired from the fire department, tried selling real estate, but strictly name recognition.Carol Given - again name recognition; a retailer hanging on to her late husbands name as a former council member Colin Basaran--WHO...Employed by a real estate company the franchise of which is owned by one of the FourChange panel members.
Carol Gran another Four Change choice .Disappears to Arizona for a few years.Returns and suddenly decides she is aware of Kelowna's "problems" Let's examine her web page, left over from when she ran for council in 2005: Quote: I have 4 beautiful grandaughters and it fills me with sadness and concern for all of us when I see how restricted their life is"...Wait there is more... "We have locked ourselves behind closed doors, gates and walls because of our fear of the criminal elements that exist in our communitiesWe have given the streets to those who refuse to obey rules, turn to crime instead of regular jobs, and sell drugs to our children and terrorize our lives" She continues "careful consideration of each "planning" application is required and sometimes unpopular decisions must be made, simply to guarntee the quality of life for current and future residents" ..Could someone please tell me what she is saying......
On her election signs Gran refers to hereself a "former MLA" True...but hey..that was a long time ago.Almost 30 years..Durning this time Gran's war cry was "Take Back The Streets Sadly that now applies to all of us in Kelowna" I don't know about other citizens but I feel quite safe in Kelowna. and I don't lock myself behind doors, afraid to go out., When nominated by the For Change group, she is quoted as saying " some of the present council members (guess which ones) spend too much time on social issues which is not the job of council" So, does this mean Gran would fire the Manager(Director) of Social housing presently employed by the city? From this, rises the question: Who is responsible for social issues if not the local council and community as a whole? As for the relationship of the "panel" choosing their choices for council...Stay tuned..more on them in my next post
purple8

Post by purple8 »

Hmmm, is thethinkpad not the company that Sharon's son works for??? Guess the endoresment does not fall far from the tree!
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

http://www.thethinkpad.com/about.html

There is a Sean Shepherd listed there but I don't know if he is Sharon's son. Shepherd is a common last name.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.

Return to “C.E. Kelowna”