Four Change makes their picks

Logitack
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Four Change makes their picks

Post by Logitack »

4othertothinkabout.org is the other group, announcing their "fab 5" LOL

Facebook
FourChange.org have chosen four favourites for Council, playfully described in the FourChange.org press conference as the Fab Four. Nice for the anointed Four but we're concerned here about the AUO's, the Apparently Unannointed Others. So after an exhaustive vetting process, which included throwing darts at names, among other recognized SCS's (Systems of Candidate Selection) we are announcing the David and Tony Fab Four for Council.
http://www.4others2thinkabout.org/

*None of the candidates have approved their selection to 4others2thinkabout.org. 4others2thinkabout.org does not actually endorse any candidate for election. This site is for humorous purposes only.
Black Daisies
Board Meister

Post by Black Daisies »

This is what Angela Ried-Nagy wrote on her facebook page

" I've posted several answers to questionnaires on my website blog (including the FourChange answers, which they would not publish on their website). Check it out at www.angelareidnagy.ca! "

I wonder which other responses they missed posting?
dbthorburn

Post by dbthorburn »

1. No, besides the initial questionnaire, I was not contacted by the four change group.
2. No, the four change group did not contact me to inform me that I didn’t make their ‘cut’.
3. I am relieved that I didn’t make their endorsement because now people may actually consider voting for me.
4. I am not in favour of slates or establishing alliances at any form of government as this alludes to collusion, corruption and coercion. I stand as an independent, sovereign, free-thinking individual. I support Direct Democracy and for that very reason I do not support conventional ‘party politics’ nor do I have any patience or respect for politicians who simply ‘tote their party line’.

Dan Thorburn
Elect Dan Thorburn for Kelowna City Council
http://www.DanThorburn.com
+1.250.864.1385
donkey

Post by donkey »

Black Daisies wrote:This is what Angela Ried-Nagy wrote on her facebook page

" I've posted several answers to questionnaires on my website blog (including the FourChange answers, which they would not publish on their website). Check it out at http://www.angelareidnagy.ca! "

I am not sure why she would proclaim that as we did not send questionnaires to the incumbents, so I don’t know how she could reply to us! We only sent the questionnaires to the new candidates.
Takin it easy !
Übergod

Post by Takin it easy ! »

donkey wrote:

" I've posted several answers to questionnaires on my website blog (including the FourChange answers, which they would not publish on their website). Check it out at http://www.angelareidnagy.ca! "

I am not sure why she would proclaim that as we did not send questionnaires to the incumbents, so I don’t know how she could reply to us! We only sent the questionnaires to the new candidates.
In the words of Shrek who's "we" and who are you Donkey ?
donkey

Post by donkey »

Takin it easy ! wrote:
donkey wrote:

If it makes any difference, I'm a member of the steering committee.
PDT
Fledgling

Post by PDT »

From FourChange's press release on October 17:
Today FourChange releases the questionnaire sent to all 33 NEW candidates for Council.
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

donkey wrote:

Ooooohhhh ... I have questions for you ... are you up for them?
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
Takin it easy !
Übergod

Post by Takin it easy ! »

donkey wrote:
Takin it easy ! wrote:
donkey wrote:

See this is what I am having a bit of a problem with. Your response almost sounds arrogant or elitist and thats going to be an issue for your group trying to garner the support of voters to endorse your candidate picks.

"If it makes any difference" really ! tisk tisk !
A warmer more positive response would have been preferable for me and smarter for you IMHO !
You see in my humble opinion once again the correct response may have gone something like this Hi this is Joe Blow I am a member of the steering committee for FourChange if you require further information about our "grassroots" group please dont hesitate to contact me personally at 250 555 5555 !
Lizard King

Post by Lizard King »

This letter to the editor appeared in the Daily Courier today. I wonder how long it will be allowed to remain on this forum?

It is being said that FourChange will promote discussion and hopefully increase community involvement at the polls.
That does not mean they are a positive comment on this society. All types of injustice promote involvement in one way or another.
After giving this much thought, I will focus on one of the principals involved as an example; namely Nick Frost, whom I do not know personally, late of Silk Internet and current owner of Castanet.
While billed as a community resource, let‘s look under the hood, particularly the "community" forums operated by Frost.
The forum administration and a small number of cohorts control the forums with an iron fist. Threads (conversations) are frequently derailed and denounced by these few when they don‘t meet their personal views. I have personal knowledge of this and have seen it happen time and again to a host of others. It is a subject of many posts. Aggressive behaviour is condoned from some that make the environment very unpleasant. Contradictions in enforcement abound. As a result, I stopped using the forums a long time ago, as have many others.
Castanet boasts of its membership. On a recent day, there were 167,565 members with 1,003,428 posts (messages). The problem is the most active 50 users alone (0.0030184 of the total membership) were responsible for 497,019 posts. That is, 3/10 of one per cent of the users were responsible for 50 per cent of the activity.
This is a direct result of the repressive atmosphere on this "community" forum. Kind of sounds like the old-boy power structure in politics to me.
As shown in the forum rules, unchanged for this purpose since at least 2006, ". . . you agree to adhere without question to our rules . . ." and "If you do not agree with any portion of these rules, your only option is to discontinue use of this board."
Again, an accurate parallel to the reality of our power after the votes are counted.
Along with a lack of transparency demonstrated by the fact ownership of the FourChange website is hidden behind a proxy (anonymous registration service), I have to question everything about FourChange. Regardless of claims by candidates of independence from FourChange, I am confident the questionnaires handed out by FourChange, not to mention the "questions" asked of two mayoral candidates in a recent debate at the Capri, are in reality job interviews with the city‘s power brokers, making it clear what they expect if these candidates want their support.
Voters have seen how little their vote counts once the seats are filled in an election. Those in power can simply ignore the complaints, confident most will not have the energy to mount a successful movement for change.
By example, this group appears to be in favour of downtown development labelled CD-21.
I was a regular in City Park on Athens Tower in my younger summers (long since torn down). I am again quite positive that with this development by and for the power brokers in the city, we will lose much of our lakefront access given up to those that can afford it.
Simply put, the more things (Four)change, the more they stay the same.
Bill Friesen,
Kelowna
Logitack
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Logitack »

Lizard King wrote:Voters have seen how little their vote counts once the seats are filled in an election. Those in power can simply ignore the complaints, confident most will not have the energy to mount a successful movement for change.
By example, this group appears to be in favour of downtown development labelled CD-21.
I was a regular in City Park on Athens Tower in my younger summers (long since torn down). I am again quite positive that with this development by and for the power brokers in the city, we will lose much of our lakefront access given up to those that can afford it.
Simply put, the more things (Four)change, the more they stay the same.
Bill Friesen,
Kelowna

and thats why the "voters" of kelowna had better wake up and get out and vote, either in the advance polls or on election day, and ensure they vote in the "right" candidates who will represent "ordinary" citizens of kelowna. candidates who supported the CD21 project or would support a similar project should be rejected outright. You only have to look at each candidates platform or how they responded to questions from various organizations to know who would support a CD 21 type of project.

Out of 39 candidates, at least 10 candidates support or would have voted in favor of the CD21 project. (all of the 4 "endorsed" four change candidates are in this category, BTW) There are 8 or 9 candidates who did not or would not support development on the lakeshore or parkland. Those are the candidates that need to be elected!
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

I wonder why Four Change don't endorse somebody for mayor.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
Logitack
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Logitack »

Captain Awesome wrote:I wonder why Four Change don't endorse somebody for mayor.

cuz the mayor is only one vote out of 9?
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

Logitack wrote:cuz the mayor is only one vote out of 9?

Well, mayor has quite a bit of power, so if Four Change agenda was to overtake control of the city hall - only logical to assume they'd try to install their own mayor too.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

Captain Awesome wrote:I wonder why Four Change don't endorse somebody for mayor.

From their website:
Many have asked why FourChange is neutral on the mayoralty. The citizens of Kelowna are well able to choose between two serious candidates without suggestion from us.

Funny they feel the citizens can make up their own minds about the mayor but they feel obligated to tell us how to vote for council seats.

If they can stack the pro-development deck on the councillor seats, it won't matter who is mayor. The mayor is only one vote and a majority on a council can cancel any mayor's vote to achieve their stacked pre-determined results.

I have seen this in action. Most of the business of council was done "in the back room and the coffee shops" and not at the council table or in City Hall. When it came time for a vote, there was little discussion. They voted as a block and cancelled out any rational thought and discussion. What they wanted was a done deal long before it got to the council table.

I detest that kind of politics. I detest what FourChange is trying to do.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.

Return to “C.E. Kelowna”