Simon Shaw's Election Polls

grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Re: Simon Shaw's Election Polls

Post by grammafreddy »

@Simon ... you do understand why Lawrence and Leon are such a mess, don't you? I am thinking about voting for you but want to make sure your head is screwed on right.

Talk to me about Lawrence and Leon (and the rest of the downtown core) ...
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
SimonShaw
Fledgling

Post by SimonShaw »

grammafreddy wrote:@Simon ... you do understand why Lawrence and Leon are such a mess, don't you? I am thinking about voting for you but want to make sure your head is screwed on right.

Talk to me about Lawrence and Leon (and the rest of the downtown core) ...

The history of Lawrence and Leon have a number of issues that have caused businesses to leave and shoppers to go elsewhere.

But the primary problem I see, is the lack of public safety. Because, people are afraid to park and shop on those streets, businesses suffer. As less people shop and work on the streets, the problem gets worse. The old saying is true, 'there is safety in numbers', so as less people go to the streets the problem worsens.

I have always admired what NY Mayor Rudolf Giuliani did. He put a beat cop on every corner of Time Square and it went from peep-shows and drug dealers, to toys-r-us and fairish wheels.

I strongly support an increase policing presence throughout the downtown. I'm not suggesting extensive arrests, bullying, etc by the police but rather simply walking around make people feel safe to return to the area.
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

SimonShaw wrote:
The history of Lawrence and Leon have a number of issues that have caused businesses to leave and shoppers to go elsewhere.

Who created the problem in the first place by allowing some businesses and empty lots to become run down and slum-like?
__________________________________________________________________________________________

SimonShaw
Fledgling

Post by SimonShaw »

I have also raised the idea of an open air market on Lawrence Street behind the Towne Centre Mall! Creating an attraction in the area will bring back shoppers. Safety in numbers.
SimonShaw
Fledgling

Post by SimonShaw »

grammafreddy wrote:
SimonShaw wrote:

Who created the problem in the first place by allowing some businesses and empty lots to become run down and slum-like?

The problem started about eight years ago, when the council of the day ignored the problem, letting it quickly get out of control.
Logitack
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Logitack »

to be clear, simon, you were in favor of the CD 21 project, correct? you are in fact in favor of a CD21 derivative, are you not?
SimonShaw
Fledgling

Post by SimonShaw »

Logitack wrote:to be clear, simon, you were in favor of the CD 21 project, correct? you are in fact in favor of a CD21 derivative, are you not?

Had I been on council during the vote, I would have voted in favor of CD21. However, given the opportunity now to get on council and add my ideas, I am glad it was voted down. In the same way that I am glad not to have been backed by 4 change.
SimonShaw
Fledgling

Post by SimonShaw »

A note about my polls: There appeared to be a number of votes for me from one IP. I am not sure if it truly was an office full of people who all planned on voting for me, or a person trying to make it look like I was rigging my election polls. Either way I deleted 27 of my votes :)
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

SimonShaw wrote:A note about my polls: There appeared to be a number of votes for me from one IP. I am not sure if it truly was an office full of people who all planned on voting for me, or a person trying to make it look like I was rigging my election polls. Either way I deleted 27 of my votes :)

Hmmm ... I tested that on your site and it wouldn't let me vote more than once. I always check that on polls.

Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

Good luck in the election Simon. I've read through your "stuff" and you will get my endorsement.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A smaller government makes room for bigger citizens.

"We know that Russia must win this war." ~ Justin Trudeau, Feb 26, 2024.
SimonShaw
Fledgling

Post by SimonShaw »

grammafreddy wrote:Hmmm ... I tested that on your site and it wouldn't let me vote more than once. I always check that on polls.

I could explain a number of ways to vote multiple times on the same computer, however, pointing them out would not be wise. I want it to be as close to the truth as possible. I am hoping that with enough volume it becomes approximate of the outcome. I am looking forward to comparing it to the results.

also if I am out of the top 8 it will keep me motivated to work hard :)
SimonShaw
Fledgling

Post by SimonShaw »

Fisher-Dude wrote:Good luck in the election Simon. I've read through your "stuff" and you will get my endorsement.

Thank you for your support!!!
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

I like you Simon :) You are here, you answer questions ( some hard) you have a nice manner :) I will vote for you. GF, vote for him - I did support your chicken after all.
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
Takin it easy !
Übergod

Post by Takin it easy ! »

Count me in Simon you "seem" dedicated,honest and FourReal !
Edit to: Changed my mind !
Last edited by Takin it easy ! on Nov 12th, 2011, 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
SimonShaw
Fledgling

Post by SimonShaw »

Takin it easy ! wrote:Count me in Simon you seem dedicated,honest and FourReal !

:) :) :) :)

Return to “C.E. Kelowna”