Simon Shaw's Election Polls

SimonShaw
Fledgling

Re: Simon Shaw's Election Polls

Post by SimonShaw »

normaM wrote:I like you Simon :) You are here, you answer questions ( some hard) you have a nice manner :) I will vote for you. GF, vote for him - I did support your chicken after all.

Thank you very much!!1 :) :)
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

normaM wrote:I like you Simon :) You are here, you answer questions ( some hard) you have a nice manner :) I will vote for you. GF, vote for him - I did support your chicken after all.

Quit pushin', Lady! I haven't finished grilling him yet. He's getting more of a look-over than most others are, though. :D

Ok Simon ... let's talk religion ... got any?
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
SimonShaw
Fledgling

Post by SimonShaw »

grammafreddy wrote:Ok Simon ... let's talk religion ... got any?

I grew up with a father who was a "cult leader without followers"... ;)

I'm agnostic.
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

Cool.

Tell us what you specifically would do to improve Lawrence and Leon as a means to an immediate or quick-fix solution to its slum-like appearance.

You say you would have supported CD21 - did you see something in that document that convinced you there was anything that would be done quickly? If so, what was it?
__________________________________________________________________________________________

normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

grammafreddy wrote:

Quit pushin', Lady! I haven't finished grilling him yet. He's getting more of a look-over than most others are, though. :D

Ok Simon ... let's talk religion ... got any?

LOL. You are a tough woman GF - thats why I like you
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
SimonShaw
Fledgling

Post by SimonShaw »

grammafreddy wrote:Tell us what you specifically would do to improve Lawrence and Leon as a means to an immediate or quick-fix solution to its slum-like appearance.

I like my idea of an open air market on Lawrence Street. By putting it behind the Towne Centre Mall, bathrooms and power would be available. I see the parking stalls closed with the vendors setting up on the street, keeping the sidewalks open for shoppers. The street itself could remain open to one lane of traffic, but closing it entirely would allow improvement of the browsing of the shoppers. Add in some jugglers and you've got a street party. The other benefit of tying it to the Towne Centre Mall is the access to Bernard and the ability to draw traffic through the mall to the market. all similar to Ottawa's Byward Market. http://www.byward-market.com/

This was the key catalyst that reversed the slum-like area in Ottawa's downtown. Once the market was enhanced by the city, the business in the area came back, restaurants flourished and more.

In addition, the area could use some attention similar to Bernard with improved sidewalks, requiring gravel parking lots to get paved, and generally cleaning up the area and back alleys.
SimonShaw
Fledgling

Post by SimonShaw »

grammafreddy wrote:You say you would have supported CD21 - did you see something in that document that convinced you there was anything that would be done quickly? If so, what was it?

At the time, I had only read a couple of articles about it, talked to a few friends, and thought it should go through. Had I actually been on council and been heavily involved in the decision, I may have vote against. Knowing what I know now, I am glad it was voted down.
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

I think you have some smarts, Simon. I will probably vote for you but I think you need a bit of educating about the CD21 and development in the downtown core if both you and Gray (gawd forbid!) get elected.

CD21 was nowhere near the Town Centre Mall. CD21 was a small, select area of the greater downtown and the problem area was Lawrence and Leon between Abbott and Water streets ...

Click on the image to see it larger ...

DOWNTOWN-MAPCD21.jpg

SimonShaw
Fledgling

Post by SimonShaw »

grammafreddy wrote: but I think you need a bit of educating about the CD21 and development in the downtown core.

you're absolutely right!

note: I still don't have a campaign manager... interested?

if not, can we meet to discuss further?
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

SimonShaw wrote:
note: I still don't have a campaign manager... interested?

No

Yes

SimonShaw
Fledgling

Post by SimonShaw »

grammafreddy wrote:
SimonShaw wrote:

Yes

I'm at Twisted Tomato Monday from 3:00pm to 5:00pm. Does this work?
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

I'll PM you later. Tomorrow is my day for my senior friend and I have to take him for his flu shot and shopping/banking/socializing.

papafreddy

Post by papafreddy »

Simon,

Who do you support for Mayor and Council? I want to know before me and a group of co-workers cast our Votes. I noticed you were at Walters launch party for his election. I do not believe you were at Sharons? I respect when someone can state their opinion and stick with it.

Thanks, Papa Freddy

SimonShaw wrote:
grammafreddy wrote:You say you would have supported CD21 - did you see something in that document that convinced you there was anything that would be done quickly? If so, what was it?

At the time, I had only read a couple of articles about it, talked to a few friends, and thought it should go through. Had I actually been on council and been heavily involved in the decision, I may have vote against. Knowing what I know now, I am glad it was voted down.
George+
Walks on Forum Water

Post by George+ »

Yes.

It is close to time that candidates started declaring whom they are likely to vote for??

Mayor?

Councillors?

Trustees?
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

George+ wrote:Yes.

It is close to time that candidates started declaring whom they are likely to vote for??

Mayor?

Councillors?

Trustees?

why should they?
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second

Return to “C.E. Kelowna”