Why I'm voting for Cal Condy

Relentless
Grand Pooh-bah

Why I'm voting for Cal Condy

Post by Relentless »

Cal Condy has some fantastic ideas that no one else has even brought to the drawing board.
He even makes his own drawing boards, proof that he is devoted.
Communication between council and residents is in a poor state.....Condy wants to fix that!
More council meetings..........More response to residents.....More solutions......

Condy is a person who will devote his life to being Mayor, and most of all, will listen and learn to residents.
He wants to increase resident/council meetings by 10 fold!
He wants to work with the taxpayer to solve as many problems as he can, and not put them off like our previous council.

Condy wants full attendence at meetings, not councillors that don't show!
He wants to hear what the people in this City want, he isn't going to spend your money foolishly, like many others have.
Thousands of Kelowna residents hate Shepherd because of her foolish spending habits.
Condy wants to be accountable to taxpayers!

Gray and Shepherd will only spend your hard earned dollars foolishly, as proven in the past.
The "others" are too pre-occupied to fit the bill.

Condy wants a fulltime job of being Mayor, and will go above and beyond regular working hours to do so.
He's not in it, strictly for the money or fame, he wants to get this City back in order.
Condy wants action!

Kelowna has many problems that haven't being dealt with properly by previous council, it's time for a new approach.
All this hype about Shepherd and Gray being the front runners makes me I'll.
For the first time Shepherd walked the streets going door to door in my neighborhood because she has some competition.
Shepherd never came to my door when there was no competition, wonder why that is?
Shepherd shows poor community commitment, and doesn't want to get in touch with residents and their problems.
This has been proven by the council meeting room being empty for 257 days of the year!

You want better Transit, better community policing and involvement, better options, online voting, an online complaint/survey department, more interaction with council, more resident/council meetings?

Condy is the guy!

Cal is a hard working guy who starts with the basics and uses a common sense approach to deal with all issues.
Shepherd and Gray need to be sent out to pasture, once and for all.

Ever try to have a chat will Gray or Shepherd while in office?
Your not important to those people, there only in it for the fame.
Mtn Biker
Übergod

Re: Why I'm voting for Cal Condy

Post by Mtn Biker »

Ever try to have a chat will Gray or Shepherd while in office?

Really . . . I can say Gray's door was always closed . . I tried but was rejected. Shepherd's door is always open and I have had 5 meetings with her over the last 6 years, all very respectful and open and taken seriously. Ya, Shepherd is in it for the fame. Try again please.
Relentless
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Relentless »

Mtn Biker wrote:Shepherd is in it for the fame. Try again please.

At a council meeting(which only had 24 people attending), I tried to make a point to her, and she told me that it was enough.
The council meeting ended shortly after, as no one else cared to speak.

Needless to say, Sharon and her gang of Rang-O-Tangs are worthless to me.
A couple of good council members wanted to hear more and deal with my issue, but Sharon insisted to sweep my point of view under the carpet.

Also, 5 meetings in 6 years is nothing to be proud of!

You must know where she buried the body, or sumthin.
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

He also promised to keep the costs of bridge repairs down by switching from expensive structural repairs to duct tape.

GO CAL!
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

Mtn Biker wrote:Ever try to have a chat will Gray or Shepherd while in office?

Really . . . I can say Gray's door was always closed . . I tried but was rejected. Shepherd's door is always open and I have had 5 meetings with her over the last 6 years, all very respectful and open and taken seriously. Ya, Shepherd is in it for the fame. Try again please.

I agree. All I have to do is pick up the phone or send an email to Jan (the mayor's secretary) and I get a meeting or a phone call back - whichever I had requested. Mrs Shepherd's door has always been open, helpful and friendly.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

Cal is definitely higher on my list than Ms. Shepherd . . .
I haven't failed until I quit.
Pookybear
Übergod

Post by Pookybear »

Lady tehMa wrote:Cal is definitely higher on my list than Ms. Shepherd . . .

Unfortunatley not voting for Shepherd is going to end up a vote for Gray as it will mainly between those two. I didn't want to vote for her but I really do not want to see Gray back in so I will not waste my vote on someone that doesn't really have a chance of getting in.
TimmyE
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by TimmyE »

I sent an e-mail specifically to the Mayor and Council and I got a reply from some no-name bureaucrat. Whether the Mayor or Council even saw the e-mail, I don't know.
Pookybear
Übergod

Post by Pookybear »

TimmyE wrote:I sent an e-mail specifically to the Mayor and Council and I got a reply from some no-name bureaucrat. Whether the Mayor or Council even saw the e-mail, I don't know.

So? What is your point?
Jimbo Jones

Post by Jimbo Jones »

I am relatively new to Kelowna, having been here 3.5 years, and have spent the last week trying to research wo to vote for for both Mayor and council. I am a father of two, and am currently seasonally employed in the tourism industry, and had difficulty finding employment in the winter months, thus I am unemployed stay at home dad from Nov. 1 to Mar. 31.

The biggest issues for me with Kelowna are:

1. The low-paying jobs when compared to other cities in Canada and compared to the housing prices

2. The level of drug activity in broad daylight downtown

3. The barriers to entry for entrepreneurs/new small business owners

I realize that no one candidate is going to be able to solve these problems, and I also realize that Gray or Sheppard will be the mayor on November 20. I do however plan to vote for Mr. Cal Condy, because he has impressed me the most with his willingness to listen to everyone, and not just his supporters.

It appears to me that cronyism is rife in Kelowna, and both Mayor Sheppard and former mayor Gray have accepted this as the way of life in this city. I doubt this will change any time soon but I can't bring myself to vote for either one of these front-runners.

I agree somewhat with the ideas of the 4change group, and had planned to vote for three of their candidates based on my own research, but I don't like the boys club mentality they represent.

This is the most difficult vote I have ever made. I am not sure who to vote for on council, and doubt that I can find 8 people who I believe in and actually have a chance of winning. I really want to vote as both my father and grandfather are involved in municipal politics, but am discouraged by the whole research process, and likely won't even have time to do te research required to make an informed vote for school trustee.

I am alone in my thinking, or are there other people out there having trouble picking who to vote for and are going to vote for people based not on teir views, but on the fact that they are not someone else?

JJ
Gilchy
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Gilchy »

Jimbo Jones wrote:I am relatively new to Kelowna, having been here 3.5 years, and have spent the last week trying to research wo to vote for for both Mayor and council. I am a father of two, and am currently seasonally employed in the tourism industry, and had difficulty finding employment in the winter months, thus I am unemployed stay at home dad from Nov. 1 to Mar. 31.

The biggest issues for me with Kelowna are:

1. The low-paying jobs when compared to other cities in Canada and compared to the housing prices

2. The level of drug activity in broad daylight downtown

3. The barriers to entry for entrepreneurs/new small business owners

I realize that no one candidate is going to be able to solve these problems, and I also realize that Gray or Sheppard will be the mayor on November 20. I do however plan to vote for Mr. Cal Condy, because he has impressed me the most with his willingness to listen to everyone, and not just his supporters.

It appears to me that cronyism is rife in Kelowna, and both Mayor Sheppard and former mayor Gray have accepted this as the way of life in this city. I doubt this will change any time soon but I can't bring myself to vote for either one of these front-runners.

I agree somewhat with the ideas of the 4change group, and had planned to vote for three of their candidates based on my own research, but I don't like the boys club mentality they represent.

This is the most difficult vote I have ever made. I am not sure who to vote for on council, and doubt that I can find 8 people who I believe in and actually have a chance of winning. I really want to vote as both my father and grandfather are involved in municipal politics, but am discouraged by the whole research process, and likely won't even have time to do te research required to make an informed vote for school trustee.

I am alone in my thinking, or are there other people out there having trouble picking who to vote for and are going to vote for people based not on teir views, but on the fact that they are not someone else?

JJ

If you can't find 8 candidates you support, only, let's say 5, for example, only put an x next to those 5 names. If you pick 3 whatever candidates, those votes potentially give them enough support to defeat one of the candidates you really wanted.

I simply cannot vote for Condy based on his repeated exhibition that he doesn't understand how civic politics, and the city government work. "Common sense" is not the sole job requirement, but I understand what you are discussing.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Cal is such a great candidate, all others running against him should just recuse themselves.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Jimbo Jones

Post by Jimbo Jones »

Thank you Gilchy, I understand that Condy is green in the whole process, and he would likely be better off running for council first. I agree that voting for someone based on who they are is more appropriate than voting for someone based on who they are not. I forgot that the ballots don't make you vote for 8 councillors if you only like 1, then vote for 1

Voting for 5 council members, no mayor, and no trustee is likely what I would do if I had to vote today, but hopefully more will become clear in the next week or so. I regret not doing my homework earlier, I didn't realize until just recently how big an election this is, and the amount of work involved in making an informed vote.

That being said, a few of the city council candidates have impressed me with their campaigns and I could see them being strong mayoral candidates for 2014.
Relentless
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Relentless »

I simply cannot vote for Condy based on his repeated exhibition that he doesn't understand how civic politics, and the city government work. "Common sense" is not the sole job requirement, but I understand what you are discussing.

You obviously don't want any change then, the same old stupidity will prevail.
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

Jimbo Jones wrote:This is the most difficult vote I have ever made. I am not sure who to vote for on council, and doubt that I can find 8 people who I believe in and actually have a chance of winning. I really want to vote as both my father and grandfather are involved in municipal politics, but am discouraged by the whole research process, and likely won't even have time to do te research required to make an informed vote for school trustee.

I am alone in my thinking, or are there other people out there having trouble picking who to vote for and are going to vote for people based not on their views, but on the fact that they are not someone else?

JJ

Vote for whom you wish, don't let your perception of their chances dissuade you. The purpose of a vote is to make your voice heard. Each vote says something, if only to the candidate you are voting for. Last time around only a few of the folks I voted for were elected. But I know that each of the candidates I voted for appreciated my votes.

In at least one case my vote is decided first by whom it is NOT going to (mayor, NOT Sharon Shepherd). Beyond that, I have not quite made up my mind. Eliminate what you must, decide with what is left.
I haven't failed until I quit.

Return to “C.E. Kelowna”