Penticton Mayors Forum at lakeside

mountain sky
Fledgling

Penticton Mayors Forum at lakeside

Post by mountain sky »

I am unable to attend this eveing. I don't believe there is anywhere on the net I can se it live streaming. Would love to have live updates and reviews from anybody attending.
brentan
Fledgling

Re: Penticton Mayors Forum at lakeside

Post by brentan »

Attended tonight!
Was well done - and I'd say all candidates showed well, even Fringe candidate Powell.
Sadly - I think as Ive said all along, Katie and Julis are prolli gonna split the vote and Danny Boy MAY and I use May sofly, get back in!
He seemed a tad bit peeved and judging by his body language and a few of his rebutts to a few of the questions!
I can tell you this, I came away alot clearer tonite on who will be getting my vote when leaving as I had it narrowed down to two prior to attending!
I just hope people get out and vote this time around!
mountain sky
Fledgling

Post by mountain sky »

what do you think katie or Julius could have done tonight to come out ahead and not split the vote, thus allowing Dan another run.
brentan
Fledgling

Post by brentan »

not sure anything or one thing could have been said by either! Both really strong candidates, as is Ashton.
Although a little mis information that one could spin whichever way one could like I guess!
Im my mind, there wasnt a clear winner, however can tell you this from the floor. A few I talked to had minds set on Katie prior to and then were swayed by Julius! Although most people never wanna come out and say whom they will vote for!
Still think its gonna be a close vote and sure to be an interesting election none the less!
mountain sky
Fledgling

Post by mountain sky »

That is good to hear about Julius, I always thought he would be the best person for the times. Misinformation never works and I don't think it is Julius' approach.
spacecadet
Fledgling

Post by spacecadet »

I attended last night's forum as well. I found out of all of them, Katie was the best speaker, hands down. I am torn between Bloomfield and Robinson. There was a little bit of misinformation out there. I felt like Ashton was regurgitating phrases from the City website. I even found Vic Powell's answers thought-provoking, especially the unfair question, "why are you running when you have absolutely no hope of winning?".

It's also my fear that it will be a split vote - so make sure that all your friends and family get out and vote!

Now, onto the Candidate Forum for Councillors tonite. There's a lot to choose from and I, for one, am very interested in hearing what the younger candidates have to say. I hope they open up the entire ballroom tonite - was a little crowded and hot in there last night.
brobert

Post by brobert »

If it can be of help, there are some questions and answers from candidates
at our "Visioning Penticton" site:

http://www.visioningpenticton.org

Click Municipal Elections (upper-right) and then Candidates responses in red.
We tried to keep the questions broad and to a minimum (as a courtesy).
Cheers,
B.Robert
XT225
Lord of the Board

Post by XT225 »

spacecadet wrote:I attended last night's forum as well. I found out of all of them, Katie was the best speaker, hands down. I am torn between Bloomfield and Robinson. There was a little bit of misinformation out there. I felt like Ashton was regurgitating phrases from the City website. I even found Vic Powell's answers thought-provoking, especially the unfair question, "why are you running when you have absolutely no hope of winning?".

It's also my fear that it will be a split vote - so make sure that all your friends and family get out and vote!

Now, onto the Candidate Forum for Councillors tonite. There's a lot to choose from and I, for one, am very interested in hearing what the younger candidates have to say. I hope they open up the entire ballroom tonite - was a little crowded and hot in there last night.

I, too, am a bit concerned that Katie and Julius could split the vote enough to let D.A. slide in under the radar. If by some chance, D.A. does get in, it will not be by the majority of voters; not with such huge support for the other two. Though, I would love to predict Vic to come in AHEAD of Ashton..lol. In MY opinion, both Julius and Katie did a great job last night and either would do well as our next mayor. Ashton just showed more of the same ol record (broken one at that). His comments around the prison issue showed his true colors; by saying that no prison would be built within the city limits. Of course, he could not promise that PIB#2 land would not be used; its OUTside the city limits but only in a sense. I much preferred Katie and Julius's responses.

Return to “C.E. Penticton”