Negative Campaigning

jakef

Negative Campaigning

Post by jakef »

The Walter Gray camp and 4change group (I imagine the same people behind both) have strongly favoured negative campaigning during this election- how do people feel about this? A lot of people say 'this is politics for you'- but I question- does this have to be the way politics are?
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Re: Negative Campaigning

Post by grammafreddy »

jakef wrote:The Walter Gray camp and 4change group (I imagine the same people behind both) have strongly favoured negative campaigning during this election- how do people feel about this? A lot of people say 'this is politics for you'- but I question- does this have to be the way politics are?

Negative advertising, like negative campaigning, IMO, means somebody is afraid they'll lose votes or profit if they don't run their opponents/competition down. It is "small man syndrome" at its finest.

I refuse to support negatives. If somebody has something worthwhile to sell me, give me the (honest) benefits and results and the "how we'll do this and fund this" and not continually slam the other guy.

If you want me to buy your hamburger, tell me why I should, what is good about it, what makes it better and how much it is going to cost me.

Negative campaigning tells me somebody already thinks they will lose and has to run down the other guy to make them look worse than you are.

And yeah, I have noticed that about Mr Gray's and the 4Change campaigns - very negative. They lose my votes. So they are right - they are losers - LOL
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Detest negative campainging - does influence my vote away from those that make a habit of it.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Black Daisies
Board Meister

Post by Black Daisies »

IMO.....anyone who uses negative campaigning or excessively criticizes other people's work, don't have anything really good to say about themselves.
Kathy73

Post by Kathy73 »

jakef wrote:The Walter Gray camp and 4change group (I imagine the same people behind both) have strongly favoured negative campaigning during this election- how do people feel about this? A lot of people say 'this is politics for you'- but I question- does this have to be the way politics are?

OMG! JakeF are u serious!!! You Walter haters are the ones doing all this negative campaigning! Walter supporters don't bash Sharon or the other candidates running like you guys do to Walter. We simply support Walter that's it. All you guys do is bash, create lies and call Walter names like "Wally". Just look in these forums, the proof is there. We don't resort to that level.
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

There is a lot of negative campaigning out there, from supporters of many different candidates. It is distasteful.
I haven't failed until I quit.
Takin it easy !
Übergod

Post by Takin it easy ! »

Kathy73 wrote:

OMG! JakeF are u serious!!! You Walter haters are the ones doing all this negative campaigning! Walter supporters don't bash Sharon or the other candidates running like you guys do to Walter. We simply support Walter that's it. All you guys do is bash, create lies and call Walter names like "Wally". Just look in these forums, the proof is there. We don't resort to that level.

:ohmygod: You cant be serious whats wrong with "Wally" isn't "Kathy" short for something else ?
There was a time when Walter called himself "Wide Awake Walt" Geeeesh !
Kathy73

Post by Kathy73 »

Takin it easy ! wrote:
Kathy73 wrote:

:ohmygod: You cant be serious whats wrong with "Wally" isn't "Kathy" short for something else ?

Nope, Kathy's my name and that's what I go by! Nicknames are fine and all if they are done in a respecful manner. The person in particular that refers to Walter on here as "Wally' has been extremely disresspecful-that's was what I was getting at. I just wish people on here could debate respectfully that's all. It's really quite sad!
Takin it easy !
Übergod

Kathy73 wrote:
Takin it easy ! wrote:
Kathy73 wrote:

Nope, Kathy's my name and that's what I go by! Nicknames are fine and all if they are done in a respecful manner. The person in particular that refers to Walter on here as "Wally' has been extremely disresspecful-that's was what I was getting at. I just wish people on here could debate respectfully that's all. It's really quite sad!
Kathy do yourself a favour and drop the "Hate" card as I have pointed out too Pacificcapital no one has said they hate Walter or Sharon hate is a strong word that seems to be used against others that have a different view or opinion than ones self usually out of frustration or as a last resort.
Last edited by Takin it easy ! on Nov 9th, 2011, 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kathy73

Post by Kathy73 »

Fair enough, they can be very disrepectful if that's a better term.
Mtn Biker
Übergod

Post by Mtn Biker »

Kathy73 wrote:
Takin it easy ! wrote:
Kathy73 wrote:

That would be me Kate. I call him Wally because I don't like him as a person or a candidate. I have met him and seen him in action enough to know that Wally fits. Like I said, I don't respect him, so do I really care that you feel I am disrespecting him? Really, this is a guy who has chastised the homeless, dismissed the gay and lesbian initiatives as immoral, and has been quoted as saying “sustainability is just a buzz word” . . . and now he’s turned a complete 180 and the reasons he got smoked in ’05 no longer exist. Nice dream world but reality is, he says what he needs to, to get in and then just does the same BS for friends in high places. If you can’t see this, you deserve the city he’ll give you.
Takin it easy !
Übergod

Kathy73 wrote:Fair enough, they can be very disrepectful if that's a better term.
No doubt a better term :sunshine:
GenesisGT
Guru

Post by GenesisGT »

And your comments are a form of negative campaigning, by making an accusation without an example. Or in this case at least a few examples.
You can see the past but cannot go there, you cannot see the future but you can go there.
Kathy73

Post by Kathy73 »

Mtn Biker wrote:The Walter Gray camp and 4change group (I imagine the same people behind both) have strongly favoured negative campaigning during this election- how do people feel about this? A lot of people say 'this is politics for you'- but I question- does this have to be the way politics are?

Thank you Mtn. Biker! You have done a great job of proving my point on this topic. Proof is right here for people to see your total lact of respect on here.
Mtn Biker
Übergod

Post by Mtn Biker »

Kathy73 wrote:
Mtn Biker wrote:
Kathy73 wrote:
Takin it easy ! wrote:
Kathy73 wrote:

That would be me Kate. I call him Wally because I don't like him as a person or a candidate. I have met him and seen him in action enough to know that Wally fits. Like I said, I don't respect him, so do I really care that you feel I am disrespecting him? Really, this is a guy who has chastised the homeless, dismissed the gay and lesbian initiatives as immoral, and has been quoted as saying “sustainability is just a buzz word” . . . and now he’s turned a complete 180 and the reasons he got smoked in ’05 no longer exist. Nice dream world but reality is, he says what he needs to, to get in and then just does the same BS for friends in high places. If you can’t see this, you deserve the city he’ll give you.

Thank you Mtn. Biker! You have done a great job of proving my point on this topic. Proof is right here for people to see your total lact of respect on here.

Kathy, I don't like him so why should I respect him? Here or anywhere else. You don't see my bashing any other candidates do you? No, but in Wally's case, you bet. The guy has the personality and demeanor of a used car salesman, and is absolutely the worst choice for mayor of all the candidates. I don't hate him, don't hate anyone, but I don't like him either and I am free to show my dislike in the manners that this forum allows. Wally World should be closed for ever . . .

Return to “C.E. Kelowna”