My Take on 4Change

sbeecher10

My Take on 4Change

Post by sbeecher10 »

This is not about leadership (or lack thereof) of the current city council. This is about a SMALL group of people, surely associated with Milroy and company, who are PO'd because CD21 did not go through. This group started meeting in the summer when they decided they needed to try to oust all of those opposed to their CD21 proposal. Blanleil was part of these meetings, so was Gran. Given also joins based on the oh-so-wonderful work of her late husband (long before the 'rigorous' process of deciding on 4 super-qualified ***sarcasm*** candidates). Zimmerman is approached to join based on name recognition- he obviously accepts. They also encourage Gray to run to try to knock off Shepherd, but won't back him officially because he's made so many of his own enemies over the years- but hey, if he can beat her out- great! Regardless, they don't really need Gray in, they don't mind if Hobson is still there, because if they have majority on council- that's all they need.

I'd like to stay in Kelowna, but I won't hesitate to move if the above take over council again. I will do what I can to not let this happen by voting for Shepherd, Rule, Hodge, and Reid-Nagy (Craig unfortunately lost my vote when he flipped on this very issue when he was elected), and will encourage everyone I know to do so as well. I'm certain Hobson and Stack will be re-elected and therefore do not care who the other 2 (if only Blanleil would retire) are, as long as the majority are not held by that very SMALL, narrow-minded, greedy, arrogant group.
Takin it easy !
Übergod

Re: My Take on 4Change

Post by Takin it easy ! »

sbeecher10 wrote:This is not about leadership (or lack thereof) of the current city council. This is about a SMALL group of people, surely associated with Milroy and company, who are PO'd because CD21 did not go through. This group started meeting in the summer when they decided they needed to try to oust all of those opposed to their CD21 proposal. Blanleil was part of these meetings, so was Gran. Given also joins based on the oh-so-wonderful work of her late husband (long before the 'rigorous' process of deciding on 4 super-qualified ***sarcasm*** candidates). Zimmerman is approached to join based on name recognition- he obviously accepts. They also encourage Gray to run to try to knock off Shepherd, but won't back him officially because he's made so many of his own enemies over the years- but hey, if he can beat her out- great! Regardless, they don't really need Gray in, they don't mind if Hobson is still there, because if they have majority on council- that's all they need.

I'd like to stay in Kelowna, but I won't hesitate to move if the above take over council again. I will do what I can to not let this happen by voting for Shepherd, Rule, Hodge, and Reid-Nagy (Craig unfortunately lost my vote when he flipped on this very issue when he was elected), and will encourage everyone I know to do so as well. I'm certain Hobson and Stack will be re-elected and therefore do not care who the other 2 (if only Blanleil would retire) are, as long as the majority are not held by that very SMALL, narrow-minded, greedy, arrogant group.
By George I think you have it :rate10:
jfeves

Post by jfeves »

I approve of this message. Unfortunately, the advertising and recognition this 4 Change crud gets is enough to trick the simple folk... So that leads me to this question.

Where are we moving?
gordon_as
Lord of the Board

Post by gordon_as »

You could move to Vernon , then you would never have to worry about any re-development or progress. Of course , you might want to keep your job in Kelowna , because there's none of THEM here either.
Pookybear
Übergod

Post by Pookybear »

sbeecher10 wrote:This is not about leadership (or lack thereof) of the current city council. This is about a SMALL group of people, surely associated with Milroy and company, who are PO'd because CD21 did not go through. This group started meeting in the summer when they decided they needed to try to oust all of those opposed to their CD21 proposal. Blanleil was part of these meetings, so was Gran. Given also joins based on the oh-so-wonderful work of her late husband (long before the 'rigorous' process of deciding on 4 super-qualified ***sarcasm*** candidates). Zimmerman is approached to join based on name recognition- he obviously accepts. They also encourage Gray to run to try to knock off Shepherd, but won't back him officially because he's made so many of his own enemies over the years- but hey, if he can beat her out- great! Regardless, they don't really need Gray in, they don't mind if Hobson is still there, because if they have majority on council- that's all they need.

I completely agree...almost. I never have and never will vote for Rule or Reid. Would'nt have voted for Shepherd again but thanks to Gray I have no choice. I don't think you have to move if fourchange gets their way we just have to stand up to council and let them know we still don't want CD-21.
Carmencat
Übergod

Post by Carmencat »

This group started meeting in the summer when they decided they needed to try to oust all of those opposed to their CD21 proposal. Blanleil was part of these meetings, so was Gran. Given also joins based on the oh-so-wonderful work of her late husband (long before the 'rigorous' process of deciding on 4 super-qualified ***sarcasm*** candidates).

Not that this would surprise me in the least, but do you know this for a fact?

Gran was/is a rabid supporter of both Gray and CD21, even going so far as to write letters to the media from wherever she moved to after CD21 was defeated. Given did the same thing - totally offended that the work her husband did on CD21 would be overturned. The nerve of the present council to go along with the wishes of the citizens over her deceased husband.

I would love if this group could be outed publically for the sham it is - if only to open the eyes of those who can not see.
George+
Walks on Forum Water

Post by George+ »

Not sure why the Courier gives the Fourchange group
front page advertising for FREE??
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

What makes you think its free?
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

I'm glad the Fourchange group picked their chosen ones. Makes it much much easier to know who not to vote for.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
wthwyt
Lord of the Board

Post by wthwyt »

Queen K wrote:I'm glad the Fourchange group picked their chosen ones. Makes it much much easier to know who not to vote for.

:smt023 :smt023
sbeecher10

Post by sbeecher10 »

I'm bringing this post back to the top- particularly with this latest 'Walter Gray is so wonderful' addition to the forum.

Did anyone go to the Mayoral forum on Wed.? Walter refused to answer the question by Sharon on the OCP because 'he wasn't going to be mayor in 20 years so he didn't have to answer'? What the...??? This guy has had so many George Bushisms it's crazy yet he still has people (family I assume? although I hear not even all of his family support him) who are backing him.

I repeat as I did in my initial post on this thread- I truly believe this (4change, the return of Gray) has NOTHING to do with leadership, issues, etc.- it is purely an attempt at REVENGE for losing the CD-21 (and for Walter 'losing' in 2005). The rest of the community has moved on- revitalization plans are going ahead with the ENTIRE downtown, not just a few blocks on the waterfront, not just owned by Milroy.
I dunno
Fledgling

Post by I dunno »

[quote="sbeecher10"]I'm bringing this post back to the top- particularly with this latest 'Walter Gray is so wonderful' addition to the forum.

Did anyone go to the Mayoral forum on Wed.? Walter refused to answer the question by Sharon on the OCP because 'he wasn't going to be mayor in 20 years so he didn't have to answer'? What the...??? This guy has had so many George Bushisms it's crazy yet he still has people (family I assume? although I hear not even all of his family support him) who are backing him.

I repeat as I did in my initial post on this thread- I truly believe this (4change, the return of Gray) has NOTHING to do with leadership, issues, etc.- it is purely an attempt at REVENGE for losing the CD-21 (and for Walter 'losing' in 2005). The rest of the community has moved on- revitalization plans are going ahead with the ENTIRE downtown, not just a few blocks on the waterfront, not just owned by Milroy.[/quote]

I only caught that remark on TV about not being here in 20 years. I thought I missed something, but is that what he really said? If so, then he's not going to get my vote. I might not be here 20 years from now and so I guess I won't give a hoot about green space, pollution, traffic, etc. It would be like waving the middle finger to my children and grandchildren. We should be trying to leave this world in a better place than we found it.
Takin it easy !
Übergod

Post by Takin it easy ! »

I am really starting to get excited about the upcoming election and the more people I talk with the more impressed I am with their take on FourChange.
I was a little concerned that some folks would not realize what this gang was all about and their "grass root" motives.
But I have been pleasantly surprised in my conversations with folks from all walks of life. :sunshine:
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

Was 4Change the ones with the preposterously big election bus last night in Rutland?
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
rutland1
Board Meister

Post by rutland1 »

Just like federal and provincial politics, the 4change candidates will have to vote party lines instead of what is best for the public. An easy way to control city hall, and if Walter Gray gets elected with the four 4change candidates they will have city hall controlled by a few elites like Milroy.

Return to “C.E. Kelowna”